Miami up to 8th in AP

Advertisement

Attachments

• 23065025-C3E7-45D4-B3AA-B687879F8249.jpeg
    23065025-C3E7-45D4-B3AA-B687879F8249.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 76
Tried to tell people on this board Liberty would beat Coastal.

Liberty is a good team. Makes our NC State win look better. (Edit...this is partially a joke.)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tried to tell people on this board Liberty would beat Coastal.

Liberty is a good team. Makes our NC State win look better.

I wanted to think Freeze was a good coach at Ole Miss b/c of the bags, but Freeze can coach, man. I didn’t even know wtf a Liberty was til that man came along.

They mentioned that he was looking for a better gig, and no teams out there peaked his interest. I’ll go on record right now; if Manny craps this bowl game & then proceeds to crap the ‘21 season, I’m firing him & Blake (& 8 yrs is plenty long for Manny) and I’m immediately picking up the phone to bring Hugh over. Like that’s a 15 minute decision I can get behind

I wanted to think Freeze was a good coach at Ole Miss b/c of the bags, but Freeze can coach, man. I didn’t even know wtf a Liberty was til that man came along.

They mentioned that he was looking for a better gig, and no teams out there peaked his interest. I’ll go on record right now; if Manny craps this bowl game & then proceeds to crap the ‘21 season, I’m firing him & Blake (& 8 yrs is plenty long for Manny) and I’m immediately picking up the phone to bring Hugh over. Like that’s a 15 minute decision I can get behind
The issue with Freeze is the baggage that comes along with him. This isn’t like an Art Briles’ situation, but he’s still got some serious character flaws that most AD’s, especially Flake James, would not be able to overlook.

With all that said, he’s going to get another chance at a big-time Power 5 program. He’s too good of a coach to not lure someone into pulling the trigger on hiring him — I mean we’re talking about a borderline X and O genius. I could see him landing somewhere in the Big 12 and SEC after next year. Tennessee seems like a likely landing spot once that dork Pruitt gets canned.

Advertisement

Coastal lost bc they got out coached. You could tell they didn’t wanna be there. They are a better team than Liberty and win that game 9 out of 10 times. They weren’t ready and after being down 14-0 early they dominated the rest of the way.

Contrary to what most people think smaller bowl games are a terrible barometer of how the team actually is.

Advertisement
Coastal lost bc they got out coached. You could tell they didn’t wanna be there. They are a better team than Liberty and win that game 9 out of 10 times. They weren’t ready and after being down 14-0 early they dominated the rest of the way.

Contrary to what most people think smaller bowl games are a terrible barometer of how the team actually is.

Coastal didn't want to be there? They've been in FBS for 3 or 4 years and you think their ego was too big for that bowl? First bowl game in program history, playing in Orlando. LOL at thinking they didn't want to be there.

What do you mean they didn’t want to be there? It was a rivalry game against a team who was 9-1. They had an undefeated season on the line.

Advertisement
Coastal didn't want to be there? They've been in FBS for 3 or 4 years and you think their ego was too big for that bowl? First bowl game in program history, playing in Orlando. LOL at thinking they didn't want to be there.
Coastal just had a bad day.

They have benefited mightily from having a competent AD + HC team. To outsiders, what they have done (and it appears "honestly" as well) is a D1 football miracle. To anyone who understands organizational leadership, their rise is nothing short of expected.

I'll say this a million times over: Joe Moglia for AD.

The issue with Freeze is the baggage that comes along with him. This isn’t like an Art Briles’ situation, but he’s still got some serious character flaws that most AD’s, especially Flake James, would not be able to overlook.

With all that said, he’s going to get another chance at a big-time Power 5 program. He’s too good of a coach to not lure someone into pulling the trigger on hiring him — I mean we’re talking about a borderline X and O genius. I could see him landing somewhere in the Big 12 and SEC after next year. Tennessee seems like a likely landing spot once that dork Pruitt gets canned.

Manny is going to get at least a year longer than he actually deserves, for in case you missed how the admin didn't fire Al Golden after 2013 or even 2014.

Even if we get blown out by Ok State, a 9-3 record is seen as enough of a success nowadays to give him a 5 year extension.

Last edited:
Coastal Carolina was impressive this season. Their defense had a ton of trouble containing and tackling Willis last night. His mobility really hurt them. But the game could’ve gone either way and Coastal got ripped off on a blatant pass interference on their OT possession that wasn’t called.

I’ll say this, too. That McCall kid at QB can play. Dude was a 2-star recruit! THAT is how you identify and develop talent.

So yeah, I’d swap their AD and HC for Blake & Manny in a heartbeat.

Advertisement
Back