Miami top 3 assistant coaches

If you want to ask who has done the more with less, it's Rumph by a mile. Before this season, members here weren't sure if Corn could be a quality starter. He's the best player on the team this year. Colbert was a safety cast off who has played incredibly well when not hurt. Malek Young has gotten better every game. Redwine is limited physically and would not be getting much burn at corner if we had any depth but he's managed not to embarrass himself out there.

Obviously Diaz's game planning is light years improved over the previous ****. I love that he wants to force the opponent's quarterback to make plays to beat you.

Dugans doesn't even get a mention considering the amount of drops this team has this year. But I will give him credit for bringing Richards along so fast and making Stacy Coley a legit blocker.

Advertisement
It's a vague question as Rumph's recruiting has been below average where his on field coaching has been above average. If OP is asking about on field coaching Diaz, Kool, Rumph are all good picks. If you factor in recruiting into it it would change with Dugans replacing Rumph as Dugans has done a decent job on field and has been solid as a recruiter with 3 months to close the big time WR's. To be fair to Rumph he has lost some premier recruits that were committed and like Dugans has 3 months to flip them back or find equal/better talent.

Dugans has njoku and dingle commited. Thats a long way from great recruiting.

I'd put Dugans ahead of rumph, The only DB who's looked good all season is Corn and he was good before Rumph got here.

Johnson and Young have flashed but that's about it.

Our WRs have been terrible outside of Coley and Richards. WR recruiting is just as bad as DB recruiting. Not sold on Dugans if I'm being completely honest here

I think they'll both be good recruiters and coaches but at this point in time, I'm more impressed with CB play than I am WR

Well so far, Brian Edwards, Nick Roberts, and Chris Henderson have all decommited and Rumph didn't sign Marco. That's the biggest red flag to me.

No way you can put a guy who has been such an abysmal failure recruiting his own players in the top 3.

Guys are giving him way too much credit for Corn. Corn has developed naturally into who he is. He was always exceptional. He's a more aggressive tackler this year because that's what Diaz's system requires of him.

Kool is the only star on this staff. Diaz is right behind him for his exceptional work with 3 freshmans LBs. In fact, what he's done with those LBs is probably more impressive than what Kool has done with the DL.

If you want to ask who has done the more with less, it's Rumph by a mile. Before this season, members here weren't sure if Corn could be a quality starter.

You can't build a compelling argument for Rum based on the retarded rantings of a small handful of dehydrated diabetics. Anyone doubting Corn coming into this season was an imbecile looking for attention for being such a stupid contrarian magpie.

Advertisement
It's a vague question as Rumph's recruiting has been below average where his on field coaching has been above average. If OP is asking about on field coaching Diaz, Kool, Rumph are all good picks. If you factor in recruiting into it it would change with Dugans replacing Rumph as Dugans has done a decent job on field and has been solid as a recruiter with 3 months to close the big time WR's. To be fair to Rumph he has lost some premier recruits that were committed and like Dugans has 3 months to flip them back or find equal/better talent.

Dugans has njoku and dingle commited. Thats a long way from great recruiting.

Agreed and it's why I said he has 3 months to close the big fish. He did close Richards only being on the job for two months and that was a huge pull over Bama of all teams.

I'd put Dugans ahead of rumph, The only DB who's looked good all season is Corn and he was good before Rumph got here.

Our WRs have been terrible outside of Coley and Richards. WR recruiting is just as bad as DB recruiting. Not sold on Dugans if I'm being completely honest here

I think they'll both be good recruiters and coaches but at this point in time, I'm more impressed with CB play than I am WR

Malcolm Lewis has looked better. Berrios is still dropping questionable passes while catching every single out route

1. Diaz
2. Kool
3. Banda (only for his recruiting)

Diaz & Kool are the only ones who can both Coach & recruit, the rest of the staff hasn't shown the ability to be good at both tasks.

Advertisement

Well so far, Brian Edwards, Nick Roberts, and Chris Henderson have all decommited and Rumph didn't sign Marco. That's the biggest red flag to me.

Well Banda was Edwards main recruiter, Rumph lost Henderson, and Marco's mind was made by his brother. Dugans hasn't landed anybody yet either is mainly what I'm saying here. Both have done good with what we had on the roster. Somebody is gonna have to land and hold onto to a commit.

Dugans unit leads the nation in drops... he definitely not a top asst

Dugans unit leads the nation in drops... he definitely not a top asst

How much is that on the position coach? Serious question.
Seems to me that's something that the player has or doesn't.
Route running, run blocking and technique is more something the position coach can influence.

Advertisement
Back