Miami top 3 assistant coaches

brock

All-American
Based on performances of their players.
1.Manny diaz( lb play/ overall defense play in general) amazing he was the coach many of you questioned the most when he was hired.
2. Craig Kulogowski( dline play, top 3 in the nation for tfl)
3. Mike rumph( db play elder/colbert are playing at a extremely high level. Took colbert from not playing at all and made him look like a top 100 NFL draft pick in a few months... redwine is decent and also molding malek young for a big role next year.Another coach that was questioned a lot but he is developing his players.

Advertisement
1) 100% agree with Diaz assessment.
2) The main thing with coach Kool is not only the current performance of the unit, but transforming a yearly weakness in probably the main strength of the team in just 1 year.
3) Not sold on Rumph yet.

1) 100% agree with Diaz assessment.
2) The main thing with coach Kool is not only the current performance of the unit, but transforming a yearly weakness in probably the main strength of the team in just 1 year.
3) Not sold on Rumph yet.

I have seen enough we have had good dbs lately as a lot of them are on NFL rosters right now in the past few years in fact Gunter, burns, bush, Howard are all on NFL rosters but they weren't playing at the level we are seeing our top 2 corners play like this year

I'd put Dugans ahead of rumph, The only DB who's looked good all season is Corn and he was good before Rumph got here.

Johnson and Young have flashed but that's about it.

Advertisement
I'd put Dugans ahead of rumph, The only DB who's looked good all season is Corn and he was good before Rumph got here.

Johnson and Young have flashed but that's about it.

Our WRs have been terrible outside of Coley and Richards. WR recruiting is just as bad as DB recruiting. Not sold on Dugans if I'm being completely honest here

I think they'll both be good recruiters and coaches but at this point in time, I'm more impressed with CB play than I am WR

1.Manny diaz( lb play/ overall defense play in general) amazing he was the coach many of you questioned the most when he was hired.
3. Mike rumph( db play elder/colbert are playing at a extremely high level. Took colbert from not playing at all and made him look like a top 100 NFL draft pick in a few months... redwine is decent and also molding malek young for a big role next year.Another coach that was questioned a lot but he is developing his players.

I was with you until you got to the part about Colbert. Doubt he's a Top 100 pick. Not sure if Rumph is the key factor in the CB's playing better or if it's just a case of the front 7 making their job alot easier. Time will tell though. I'd switch out Rumph and say Banda is 3rd because of the recruiting aspect.

Agree with this 100%! Dont know how anyone is not sold on Rumph. Corn was good, but hes elite this year. Turned a converted safety into a good corner. Got a true freshman in Young playing good ball. This was a depleted unit that he has playing very well. Hes a **** good coach.

Rumph hasn't exactly had much to work with at DB besides Corn, and he's gone from a late round draft pick to a late first or early second rounder.

Advertisement
I think 1 and 2 are easy and most posters will agree that Diaz and Kool have more then earned their paychecks.

I also agree that Rumph has been very good this year. Think about this..he doesnt have one DB at his disposal that was a 5*. **** Jackson and Mayes were considered 3* kids and Redwine was our Plan Z option. MYoung and Elder came in with fanfare but they basically fell in our lap.

He is done a great job with what he has to work with. Once we flood him with elite level guys this year and in 2018 I think people will see how impressive he really is.

It's a vague question as Rumph's recruiting has been below average where his on field coaching has been above average. If OP is asking about on field coaching Diaz, Kool, Rumph are all good picks. If you factor in recruiting into it it would change with Dugans replacing Rumph as Dugans has done a decent job on field and has been solid as a recruiter with 3 months to close the big time WR's. To be fair to Rumph he has lost some premier recruits that were committed and like Dugans has 3 months to flip them back or find equal/better talent.

Advertisement

I was with you until you got to the part about Colbert. Doubt he's a Top 100 pick. Not sure if Rumph is the key factor in the CB's playing better or if it's just a case of the front 7 making their job alot easier. Time will tell though. I'd switch out Rumph and say Banda is 3rd because of the recruiting aspect.

I wasn't trying to say he is one but the level he played against notre dame against a great qb he looked great

Recruiting don't mean anything if the players aren't performing. Our safety play has been the worse on the defense by far

Recruiting don't mean anything if the players aren't performing. Our safety play has been the worse on the defense by far

I don't think Banda was given that much to work with. How many times on this board have you guys complained about how bad Jenkins and Carter are. I can however vouch for his success on the recruiting trail which is a very important part of college coaching.

Advertisement

I don't think Banda was given that much to work with. How many times on this board have you guys complained about how bad Jenkins and Carter are. I can however vouch for his success on the recruiting trail which is a very important part of college coaching.

Jenkins has been fairly good good for the most part.No worse than bush in his career imo. Carter that's a total different beast. Looks like Tarzan and plays like jane

You mean Rumph can coach? Impossible. Outrageous. Inconceivable. Dugans has definitely upgraded his group. Kool is the definite #1 . Oh yeah, Bush was a much better safety than Jenkins.

Go Canes!

You mean Rumph can coach? Impossible. Outrageous. Inconceivable. Dugans has definitely upgraded his group. Kool is the definite #1 . Oh yeah, Bush was a much better safety than Jenkins.

Go Canes!

We had better depth at receiver last year with Scott and waters but with what he was given. Our receivers have been okay. They have clearly improved blocking wise

Advertisement
Back