Miami to have coaches at Coral Gables - Miami High

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Mark Richt and safeties coach Ephraim Banda are expected in attendance at the Miami High vs. Coral Gables matchup tonight at Tropical Park at 7.

Targets include Canes 2018 commit Gilbert Frierson and 2019 priority Dontae Lucas from Miami High.

Advertisement
Gables vs Miami High used to be played in the Orange Bowl with over 30,000 attending.

About 50 years ago when they were both playing for football championship, but true. Too young to remember it myself, but Coach Williams would talk about that rivalry game and the game back in 65 having over 50k people packed into the orange bowl.

Even in their down years, both schools have continued to produce some true Canes. Andre Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, Denzel Perryman, Frank Gore, Jon Vilma, Darryl Sharpton. Hopefully Frierson and Lucas keep up the tradition for both schools.

Amazing game last night. Miami high won 55-48 in 5OT. Johnny Ford might be the best running back in Dade County right now

Last edited:
Advertisement
Amazing game last night. Miami high won 55-48 in OT. Johnny Ford might be the best running back in Dade County right now

Pete, what are the chances that this kid gets an offer in the near future? With Richt in attendance to see it with his own eyes are you thinking his chances have gone up? I love the smaller guys who are always having to prove themselves and answer questions about their size...puts that chip on their shoulder. He would no doubt be a contributor at UM.

Amazing game last night. Miami high won 55-48 in 5OT. Johnny Ford might be the best running back in Dade County right now

Pete-

Any thoughts on Harrison Easton, QB from CGHS? Is a transfer from Gulliver, played QB as a Fr and So there.

Nice first post *****. Not sure of your agenda vs a question addressed to someone else, but why not lay out some stats to support your crap.

Played well last night from what I hear, as he did vs Palmetto. Not that I really give s sh*t what you think.

Advertisement
Nice first post *****. Not sure of your agenda vs a question addressed to someone else, but why not lay out some stats to support your crap.

Played well last night from what I hear, as he did vs Palmetto. Not that I really give s sh*t what you think.

Gulliver sophomore year, kid was the reason team was a fail, got benched half way through the year for a stud who got a full ride to Dartmouth.

Then he transferred to westminster. Then to gables and gables record speaks for its self with a team with so much talent and almost spotless record the past 4 years.

Gulliver sophomore year, kid was the reason team was a fail, got benched half way through the year for a stud who got a full ride to Dartmouth.

Then he transferred to westminster. Then to gables and gables record speaks for its self with a team with so much talent and almost spotless record the past 4 years.

Have nothing to say on Easton, I’ll leave that to the people that follow it closely. But you are FOS on somebody getting a full athletic ride to an Ivy League school. You know there is no such thing at Dartmouth don’t you? They don’t give athletic scholarships.

Advertisement
Back