Miami sticking with 2019 LB Brooks on the road to recovery

Advertisement
Advertisement
Peter, are we done recruiting classic stand up linebackers at miami?

Nah we just want seek and destroy players all over the d

So did you mean yes?

They could stand crawl duck walk whatever as long as they are flying around busting di ck

Thanks for the waste of time and the non answer, although the question wasn't directed at you in the first place.

If Miami can lock this kid up, our Canes will be on it's way to a top class because some kid's committing early just have an impact on a class AND Brooks is that RECRUIT!!

This kid is definitely the cream of the crop, especially when talking about studs from SoFla..

Last edited:
Should be closely monitored. If he appears to have lost a step, take him out back and unload a couple rounds into his head.

Advertisement
Hopefully he comes back just as good, but these injuries have a way of changing people. There's always the talk that they'll be better than ever, usually that's unrealistic, but I hope the doctors are right this time.

Hopefully he comes back just as good, but these injuries have a way of changing people. There's always the talk that they'll be better than ever, usually that's unrealistic, but I hope the doctors are right this time.

Frank Gore

KID IS A GROWN MAN.

If yall can remember Nate Harris in High School. He is a slightly taller version

I pray this kid doesn't end up like Mike Smith did after his injury. He needs to be super careful and not rush his rehab in order to try and get back for the first game etc. Just hope he takes his time and gains his explosion back.

Advertisement
This kid would definitely carry that Ambassador of the Surge19' class!! I just believe a kid like Brooks committed to Miami, would definitely help on the recruiting front.. This kid is definitely one of the best players coming out of SoFla for 2019'!!

Sam is the very definition of elite and has been my favorite recruit in the 2019 class. That knee injury was extremely unfortunate and I hope like crazy he is able to be the player he was before. The thing is you never know how a player will respond to a knee injury long term. Some players come back and they are the same as before the injury then there are those who are never the same. It's really impossible to know. I know that Sam is a fighter and he isn't going to let this ruin his career if he can help it. He will attack his rehab with the same intensity that he plays with.

To complete my thought above, I truly hope he makes a full recovery and picks up where he left off with zero drop off and that is certainly possible as we have seen it done. It would be a tragedy if he doesn't recover 100% because Sam Brooks has rare ability. He is a gifted and dominant edge rusher that could develop into an All American talent in college. I would throw a couple of names out as comparisons to what I feel he is capable of but I won't open that can of worms right now. Special kid that could be a very special player.

Advertisement
Should sit out the season rehab and train for college

I actually in agreement with that. Iirc, he tore his ACL at the midway point of the year (October/November) which would equate to 9-10 months before seeing the field next season. Considering the doctor that performed his surgery said he never saw a tear like that, I'd have to imagine it was a pretty significant injury. Just focus on rehab and strength training. He's got plenty of tape to prove that he's a division 1 caliber LB.

Should sit out the season rehab and train for college

If hes a true goon like we all assume he is that will be a hard sell. Sounds good in theory but kids like this want to be back on the field as soon as the doctors give the thumbs up.

Plus I dont want anymore kids who have been idle from playing football for more then 12-16 months. Look at Robert Burns. At this point, it has to be mental with this kid. And I truly believe that him basically not playing football for **** near 2 years has made him a "shot boxer" as they say in boxing.

If Sam Brooks can play this year for any amount of time even if its just for a playoff run, let him play and we will worry about the rest later. Hes a take either way so it doesnt matter. If hes not 100% according to the coaches metrix, RS him and let him fully rehab with our expert staff.

Advertisement
Back