Miami Signee Jason Blissett Speaks On His Official Visit

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
DT Jason Blissett just signed with the Miami Hurricanes. He is one of three different defensive tackles expected to sign with Miami today. This comes just a few days removed from an official visit to Miami where Blissett reassured his belief that he wanted to be a Miami Hurricane.

“The weekend was great. I had a great time hanging out with my future teammates and my future coaches. We ate a lot of great food, saw a lot of cool things, and had a great photoshoot. It was just a great time overall.”

Blissett’s visit timeline gives us some insight into the schedule of an official visit.

“Thursday, we got in but we weren’t allowed contact with the coaches so we just went to the Ritz to enjoy the hotel. It was the nicest hotel I’ve ever been in. Friday, we got to go to a panel and get all out our academic questions answered. We got introduced to the whole coaching staff and some former Miami players. We ate almost every two or three hours. We were almost always full. At night, we went out with our host and were able to enjoy the company of our future teammates. Then on Saturday, we had a meeting with the strength and conditioning coach and we had the photo shoot. After that we had lunch and then we went out with out host at night. Then we left Sunday morning after breakfast with everybody.”

While on his official visit, Blissett learned that safeties coach Ephraim Banda and outside linebackers coach Jonathan Patke would both be taking over the spot left by Manny Diaz as co-DC’s. This shut down any chance of Blissett not signing with Miami.

“I was happy to hear the news of coach Patke and coach Banda being named the two co-defensive coordinators and coach (Jess) Simpson getting the promotion. I’m really happy with the way things turned out and I wish the best for coach Diaz.”

Blissett was hosted by freshman defensive end Greg Rousseau and had a great time hanging out with him and getting to know him.

“He’s a great guy. Overall just a great vibe and a great person. He’s always happy and always looking to do the right thing. Coach Simpson told me he’s a hard worker and he sees a lot or qualities that he has in me. I see some of the similarities myself. He’s just a great teammate overall and I’m excited to get on the same field with him.”

While Rousseau was his host, Blissett spent just as much, if not more, time with some of the other recruits, especially the New York-based targets.

“I spent a lot of time with the guys from New York. Jared (Harrison-Hunte) isn’t a commit, but I spent time with him. I spent time with Jeremiah Payton, Jalar Holley, and Jahfari Harvey. I spent most of the weekend with them.”

Blissett thought that the entire weekend from Thursday to Sunday was great, but there was one part in particular that stood out as being the best.

“The highlight was probably the photoshoot. During the photoshoot, everybody was just in the uniforms having a great time and listening to music. It was a great vibe just being in the uniform and being with the coaching staff. There was a lot of energy and it felt great. It was great to be in Miami.”

There is nothing but pure excitement for Blissett now that he is officially a Miami Hurricane

“I’m excited for everybody who is signing today and also in February. I’m ready to put Miami back on the right track and make great things happen. I’m excited. I’m most excited to show everybody what New York talent is all about and bring more respect to the New York name.”

As always, life after football is extremely important. The biggest thing for Blissett is he does not want his life to ever become boring. This is a huge factor in why he wants to go into law enforcement after he finishes playing football.

“From early on my parents said I had to find my path in life aside from football. I have law enforcement history in my family. My aunt was in the Navy and my uncle was a cop, plus I watch a lot of crime shows. I just happened to find my passion early on. It stuck with me because of the rush that comes with being a federal agent and catching bad guys, stuff like that. It just spoke to me and even after football, I’m going to have a very exciting life and that’s something I can’t wait for.”

In closing, Blissett gave a simple message to Canes’ fans.

“I’m just excited to be a Cane.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
OMG!!! This is the 1st time I saw any film on this kid. The quickness and smoothness he moves with is amazing for a kid his size. When he adds some more size and strength to that frame....look out. He's got some Warren Sapp, Aaron Donaldson, and Gerald Willis in him. The fact that he's an admitted hard worker to go along with that gifted speed and agility has to have Jess Simpson salivating!!!

Welcome to the U!!!!

OMG!!! This is the 1st time I saw any film on this kid. The quickness and smoothness he moves with is amazing for a kid his size. When he adds some more size and strength to that frame....look out. He's got some Warren Sapp, Aaron Donaldson, and Gerald Willis in him. The fact that he's an admitted hard worker to go along with that gifted speed and agility has to have Jess Simpson salivating!!!

Welcome to the U!!!!
Oh yeah dude when Diaz left my biggest fear was him and huff decommiting

Its not gone matter what o-lines we going up against, they all are going to have a price to pay, especially if we add those other 2 defensive ends, this d-line will be nightmares for college football like it is suppose to be and has been for the last 3 years, and it looks lije we'll have a d-line soon that might even eclispe this years version, and once we start adding more athletic linebackers behind that with better play, LoL, good luck trying to score, especially if feagles start playing up to his potential.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back