Miami recruits cool about Golden's hot seat

Advertisement
I love the people that think Kiffin would out recruit Chud.

Kiffin is a lying putz.

I don't think that was an actual quote. In that case, you might not want to put quotation marks around it.

Bunch of HorseSh*t.

"I am de-commiting to go to FSU. Golden is not going to be the coach next year anyways" Amir Rasul

Recruits know that

Firing Day is 75 away.

[video=youtube;Xxo2kKp8LuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxo2kKp8LuQ[/video]

[video=youtube;wl2YYzEoE5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl2YYzEoE5E[/video]

Advertisement
Y'all are so picky listen we are willing to take anyone other then Golden period I will take Kiffin or who ever let's just first focus on getting AL out of here first and I will and we should welcome AnyonE.......

Lets be honest, most of us would be happy with any of the names on that articles list. I think Mario or Kiffin would kill it recruiting not so certain about Orgeron, but think he'll be an excellent DC. The announcement has to come with several games remaining on the schedule to give it enough time to gain momentum.

Lets be honest, most of us would be happy with any of the names on that articles list. I think Mario or Kiffin would kill it recruiting not so certain about Orgeron, but think he'll be an excellent DC. The announcement has to come with several games remaining on the schedule to give it enough time to gain momentum.

You guys keep on bringing everything back to recruiting. This day and age in order to be a contending program you have a HC that is more than just a Recruiter.

Today's good coaches can take their 2 and 3 star players and beat your teams 5 star players if your 5 star team has a HC that is only a recruiter.

Recruiting is about salesmanship nothing more. That is not a skillset that translates to the football field and helps you win games.

All of these names are Retreads that have proven to be failures as HC. This program is not at a point after more than 10 years of mediocrity that it can risk them failing again.

So, No most people would not be happy with them hiring any name on that list.

Advertisement
Tom Lemming said that Golden was the best recruiter on the planet before he came here. His 2012 class was #1 or #2 depending on who you ask.

He is a terrible football coach and that is why his recruiting classes have gotten worse.

If Cristobal or Kiffin had Golden's record in year 5....they would not be able to recruit either.

You guys keep on bringing everything back to recruiting. This day and age in order to be a contending program you have a HC that is more than just a Recruiter.

Today's good coaches can take their 2 and 3 star players and beat your teams 5 star players if your 5 star team has a HC that is only a recruiter.

Recruiting is about salesmanship nothing more. That is not a skillset that translates to the football field and helps you win games.

All of these names are Retreads that have proven to be failures as HC. This program is not at a point after more than 10 years of mediocrity that it can risk them failing again.

Hack Brown was 69-46 at Carolina from 88-97

Butchy was 28-23 from 07-10

I prefer Hack.

Advertisement
Y'all are so picky listen we are willing to take anyone other then Golden period I will take Kiffin or who ever let's just first focus on getting AL out of here first and I will and we should welcome AnyonE.......

1) Anything other than...was probably the battle cry of some who hated Shannon...now you're crying anyone other than Golden. See how that works?

2) If Kiffin came here next year, they'd probably win the National **** Championship.

Advertisement

Yup. Landing someone who's just a recruiter is a sure-fire way to continue this vicious cycle of irrelevance. You can't compete for national titles in this day and age without having a savage recruiter as your head coach. But the only way to sustain elite recruiting is to have a great coach who can continually improve your on-field product, develop talent properly, and consistently put difference makers in the best positions to succeed.

The #1 selling points for guys like Cristobal, Kiffin, Orgeron, etc. is their recruiting. Kiffin's failed miserably as a head coach multiple times in his young career. Cristobal is an unqualified nightmare waiting to happen who just continues the cycle of lazy, cheap, uninspiring hires that have put us in this mess for 10+ years. Orgeron went from being a pretty successful short-term interim coach at USC after Kiffin bombed there to being a position coach in the SEC. We need to aim higher.

Some may disagree about pursuing up and comers like Herman/Morris, but I'd much rather make an aggressive/bold hire than go with a tired retread. Going with the latter approach can lead you to overlooking the Malzahn's, Sumlin's, and Mullen's of the world and end up with a list of finalists that includes Golden, Edsall, and Trestman (CFL head-coaching experience) like we did five years ago.

Advertisement
Back