Miami Recruits- coaches are just the vehicle

Themadcane

All day cane
Premium
Richt is an A to A- recruiter in his history. Not on the level of Meyer or, Saban or Butch. But certainly top notch.

The energy and momentum are clear that there is a breed of athlete that is just Cane to the bone. That is making Richt into a A+. Miami is going to be dominating again and it The U that does it. We just needed the right person that recruits can trust and believe in.

This is just another example of how poor our last 3 coaches have been. So inept that they could not leave the door open for Canes to walk into. I have said it before i would want nothing more to have my kids be Canes. But **** would have frozen over before they signed with coker, shannon or golden.

We are in good hands but more importantly we are THE U!

Advertisement
Not on the level of Saban, Myer or Butch....honestly stopped reading after that.

1) When it comes to recruting there is Saban and then there is everyone else.

2) If you want to say Myers is a better coach than Richt I wouldn't agrue with that. But to say he is better than Richt in recruting is 100% your opinion. Each have had the same amount of success in recruting and truthfully his great recruting is the reason Richt has been labeled as an underachiever.

3) Butch Davis a great recruiter? On what planet? I appreciate what Butch did for the U but ppl gotta stop making up stuff to enchance his legacy while at the U. Butch Davis was a great Scout and Player developer. Not a great recruiter and Not a great coach either. Best case scenario if Butch stayed he is a more serious version of Dabo Swinney.

Not on the level of Saban, Myer or Butch....honestly stopped reading after that.

2) If you want to say Myers is a better coach than Richt I wouldn't agrue with that. But to say he is better than Richt in recruting is 100% your opinion. Each have had the same amount of success in recruting and truthfully his great recruting is the reason Richt has been labeled as an underachiever.

3) Butch Davis a great recruiter? On what planet? I appreciate what Butch did for the U but ppl gotta stop making up stuff to enchance his legacy while at the U. Butch Davis was a great Scout and Player developer. Not a great recruiter and Not a great coach either. Best case scenario if Butch stayed he is a more serious version of Dabo Swinney.

In my opinion Meyer belongs in the same stratosphere as Saban when it comes to recruiting. He has always been an elite recruiter. Richt is a beast on the trail too...let's see what he can do with this Miami talent we are surrounded by.

Richt is an A to A- recruiter in his history. Not on the level of Meyer or, Saban or Butch. But certainly top notch.

The energy and momentum are clear that there is a breed of athlete that is just Cane to the bone. That is making Richt into a A+. Miami is going to be dominating again and it The U that does it. We just needed the right person that recruits can trust and believe in.

This is just another example of how poor our last 3 coaches have been. So inept that they could not leave the door open for Canes to walk into. I have said it before i would want nothing more to have my kids be Canes. But **** would have frozen over before they signed with coker, shannon or golden.

We are in good hands but more importantly we are THE U!
Drop the whole charade of butch being legendary. He deserves credit for finding those diamonds in the rough (although some were very highly recruited and we were only five years removed from a championship and our last dynasty)

Richt is better recruiter than butch and more consistent/less shady/better coach

Huh? Richt's great recruiting is the reason Richt has been labeled an underachiever?...or Meyer's great recruiting has somehow caused Richt to be labeled an underachiever?

Whatever, stats don't lie...from 2006 to 2016, Urban leads in recruiting rankings 8-3 versus Richt. All that said, I agree that unfortunately, Meyer has the most sizeable
advantage in doing something big with the uber talent he recruits.

Only in one year, 2010, did either have a class rank lower than #15 , and that was Richt at #16 . So all in all, the recruiting was "good enough"...though Meyer had top 5 classes in 8 of the 11 years as well.

Its Richt's time now to finally put it all together.

UM

Advertisement
If your an A in sfla that's better than what any coach can do

post-58475-Morgan-Freeman-hes-right-you-k-9kKd.jpeg

Vehicle? I thought I was going to see pictures of the donk.

Terrible threads like this make it really hard for us new posters to fit in. On behalf of everyone with less than a 1000 posts I apologize!

Advertisement
That was the point of the thread. Miami is it's own class. Every recruiter will go up a level. Bewteen the talent here and thE U.

Mark richt is an elite recruiter and talent developer. Look at all of his recruiting class ranks and draft picks

My kids could have reluctantly played for Coker and Shannon, out of shear love and loyalty for the U. But Golden would have been my Achilles, that would have been painful, but no way. At least Coker and Shannon were for the most part good and sincere people. Golden was a narcissistic liar and fraud.

Advertisement

In my opinion Meyer belongs in the same stratosphere as Saban when it comes to recruiting. He has always been an elite recruiter. Richt is a beast on the trail too...let's see what he can do with this Miami talent we are surrounded by.

Meyer's recruiting is the reason Florida fell off after Tebow.

1) When it comes to recruiting there is Saban and then there are all of his bagmen.

FIFY.

Saban cheats worse than Calipari and people think he's some sort of recruiting guru. Please.

He's a really good defensive coach (still can't stop the spread w 5 star players), and has worked for 2 of the biggest cheating Universities in CFB history. Bama and LSU.

All of his other stints were mediocre or failures (Mich St, NFL, etc).

Advertisement

1) When it comes to CHEATING there is Saban and then there is everyone else.

there, fixed it for you

Last edited:
"2) If you want to say Myers is a better coach than Richt I wouldn't agrue with that. But to say he is better than Richt in recruting is 100% your opinion. Each have had the same amount of success in recruting and truthfully his great recruting is the reason Richt has been labeled as an underachiever."

nah, Meyer is a CEO that relies on big budgets and strong assistants to run his scheme. That's why his offense when to **** after Herman left. He's not in Richt's class when it comes to Xs & Os.

To state that Butch wasn't an excellent recruiter is simply revionist history. The classes that guy brought in when we were under the gun were incredible. With that being said, Richt is obviously excellent in his own right.

Do you consider discovering diamonds in the rough part of being a good recruiter? If so, you can mention Butch with those other guys. He did have a penchant for grabbing lightly recruited guys who turned out to be good players. If you want to base recruiting solely on who's getting the most highly sought after recruits, Butch Davis is further down the list.

And yes, a majority of the players that Urban Meyer won with at UF were recruited by Ron Zook.

Advertisement
Back