Miami record of 6 1st round draft picks threatened

Novacane32000

Sophomore
Back in 2004, the University of Miami set a record with six players being selected in the first round of the NFL draft. That day, safety Sean Taylor, tight end Kellen Winslow, linebackers Jonathan Vilma and D.J. Williams, offensive tackle Vernon Carey and defensive tackle Vince Wilfork made history. Now, 13 years later, does Alabama have a chance to break that record? Seven first-round draft picks from one school is unprecedented, but after some incredible performances this season, they have the players heading to the draft that might make it possible. Let’s take a look at who might go in round on

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dr...l&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=college

Advertisement
Advertisement
Reuben Foster is the best linebacker prospect since Luke Luechley? What a flipping joke! Luechley had 191 tackles, 12 tackles for a loos, 3 interceptions his junior season. Foster had 115 total tackles in 15 games. Luechley did his in 12 games. Foster is a good player but come on man. They're pulling 7 guys who are probably going in the first 3 rounds and then saying but they all could go in the first.

Reuben Foster is the best linebacker prospect since Luke Luechley? What a flipping joke! Luechley had 191 tackles, 12 tackles for a loos, 3 interceptions his junior season. Foster had 115 total tackles in 15 games. Luechley did his in 12 games. Foster is a good player but come on man. They're pulling 7 guys who are probably going in the first 3 rounds and then saying but they all could go in the first.

I like foster but it seems no one is acknowledging his cons. He sucks in coverage and he's had serveral injuries and concussions before this past season mostly bc of the way he tackles.

Advertisement

I like foster but it seems no one is acknowledging his cons. He sucks in coverage and he's had serveral injuries and concussions before this past season mostly bc of the way he tackles.

**** I would take him

Advertisement
Back in 2004, the University of Miami set a record with six players being selected in the first round of the NFL draft. That day, safety Sean Taylor, tight end Kellen Winslow, linebackers Jonathan Vilma and D.J. Williams, offensive tackle Vernon Carey and defensive tackle Vince Wilfork made history. Now, 13 years later, does Alabama have a chance to break that record? Seven first-round draft picks from one school is unprecedented, but after some incredible performances this season, they have the players heading to the draft that might make it possible. Let’s take a look at who might go in round on

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dr...l&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=college

Even more amazing than having 6 first rounders is that it's pretty close to an all star group. I thought Winslow would have been one of the best TE's ever when he was coming out. I'll go to my grave believing that had he not gone to Cleveland and had the motorcycle accident that he would've ended up in the Hall of Fame.

Even more amazing than having 6 first rounders is that it's pretty close to an all star group. I thought Winslow would have been one of the best TE's ever when he was coming out. I'll go to my grave believing that had he not gone to Cleveland and had the motorcycle accident that he would've ended up in the Hall of Fame.

He made the pro bowl w Cleveland of all places. Cleveland is a place where players kill their careers. Absolutely he would've been in the HOF had not Cleveland and the m/c injury. Shockey would be too had not he had the knee issue. Fortunately he played w two good organizations, made some pro bowls and got a ring.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back