Off-Topic Miami Pancakes

954Cane'21

Recruit
Where do people get pancakes in Miami (near downtown/Brickell)? Miami has maybe 3 real diners that I know of and all of them are in the boondocks or Doral. I just found Jackson's in Overtown so I've been hitting that a lot lately, but the plastic forks are starting to get to me

Advertisement
Stumble upon Another broken Egg
We had one in Jupiter for a while until management changed and it went downhill. Now it's gone, but the Bloody Mary was fantastic.

Advertisement
I remember a time when there use to be a Denny's on every block, couldn't beat that Grand Slam for $2.99 LOL. But my favorite breakfast spot was Lums on 7th Ave., grits just fallin' off the plate.

Last edited:
I remember a time when there use to be a Denny's on every block, couldn't beat that Grand Slam for $2.99 LOL. But my favorite breakfast spot was Lums on 7th Ave., grits just fallin' off the plate.
Lums was great. Used to go to one on 441 and Hollywood Blvd. Remember Ranch House? I worked in one in high school on 441 between Sheridan and Taft. We had a
2-2-2 (2 eggs, 2 pancakes, and 2 pieces of bacon) for 99 cents. I’d have them lined up out the door on Sat and Sun mornings.

Advertisement
851A5D3B-36A3-4394-A737-8398C58064BF.jpeg

Ricotta cake, Proud Mary.
Not sure how close to Miami you are looking, this is on Alberta.

Advertisement
Lums was great. Used to go to one on 441 and Hollywood Blvd. Remember Ranch House? I worked in one in high school on 441 between Sheridan and Taft. We had a
2-2-2 (2 eggs, 2 pancakes, and 2 pieces of bacon) for 99 cents. I’d have them lined up out the door on Sat and Sun mornings.

Daaaaamn Bro, unfortunately I didn't, otherwise I would've been eating that 2-2-2 every day LOL. But y'all waiters & waitresses had to make a killing in tips with breakfast prices that low.

Absolutely. Delicious. They attempted to open a 2nd restaurant in Pembroke Pines called Wolfie's. It was great too, but not in a terribly high traffic area so it was gone in about 3 years or so. The half-sour pickles at each table were awesome. Dang, I'm hungry.
Don't forget Pumpernik's, another Wolfie Cohen restaurant.

Daaaaamn Bro, unfortunately I didn't, otherwise I would've been eating that 2-2-2 every day LOL. But y'all waiters & waitresses had to make a killing in tips with breakfast prices that low.
I was the breakfast cook. I had eggs, pancakes, and bacon going like crazy. We had one veteran waitress that would walk out of there on Sat and Sun with $50-60 bucks in tips with an average check of about $3-4. Pretty **** good especially in the early 70’s. Marie was fantastic and she always gave me a few bucks for getting her orders out quick and correct.

Advertisement
Good luck on pancakes in Miami. You're better off making your own.

But I'll second Zak the Bakers French Toast.

Advertisement
Back