Miami or LSU? Who are the "experts" and writers picking?

SCarolina Ibis

Medical Redshirt
Obviously this isn’t all of them. They were just the first ones I came across, from larger sites. No offense to the random team writer in Nevada or Wyoming, but I went with the better known sites because these are the predictions most likely to be discussed (and blindly agreed with) by fans across the country.

So before some of you get sand in your vag over what that moron homer from the sec network or the one random writer from Athlon said, you might want to consider who the rest of them have picked.

Athlon

Steven Lassan - Miami

Mitch Light - Miami

Braden Gall - Miami

Jp Scott - LSU

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...cks-expert-predictions-every-game-week-1-2018

Outrageous College Football Predictions for Week 1

CBS Sports

Dennis Dodd - Miami

Jerry Palm - Miami

Tom Fornelli - Miami

Chip Patterson - Miami

Barton Simmons - LSU

Barrett Sallee - Miami

Ben Kercheval - Miami

Expert Picks - Straight Up - Week 1

ESPN

Andrea Adelson - Miami

Joel Anderson - Miami

Edward Aschoff - Miami

Kyle Bonagura - Miami

Heather Dinich - Miami

David Hale - Miami

Sam Khan - Miami

Chris Low - Miami

Ivan Maisel - LSU

Ryan McGee - Miami

Adam Rittenberg - LSU

Alex Scarborough - Miami

Mark Schlabach - Miami

Mitch Sherman - LSU

Jake Trotter - Miami

Tom VanHaaren - Miami

ESPN reporters pick Week 1's biggest games

Sports Illustrated

Staples - LSU

Dellenger - Miami

Niesen - Miami

Litman - Miami

Single - Miami

Geary - LSU

Axson - LSU

Meyer - Miami

Cohen - Miami

College football expert picks: Week 1's biggest games

Which teams are our favorite bets in Week 1 of the CFB season?

USA Today

Jace Evans - Miami

Paul Myerberg - Miami

George Schroeder - Miami

Erick Smith - Miami

Eddie Timanus - Miami

Dan Wolken - Miami

USA TODAY Sports college football staff picks for Week 1

Advertisement
I saw the ESPN people earlier and was kind of shocked 13 of 16 had us. Seems like the majority of writers like Miami to win though.

I know the "everyone in the media hates Miami" narrative is popular here but I've seen very few media members picking LSU.

Advertisement
Why even play the game? Miami is gonna win. Theres absolutely no way Rosier crumbles under the pressure and loses yall the game like he did at the end of last season.

Lol. He’s normally pro UM.

I started reading CFN probably ten years ago plus, way before the site redesign. "Pro-Miami" or not, he's an idiot. His opinions on The U are almost always poorly-researched and therefore wildly inaccurate. Here's the way it works:

The small sites (like CIS) have by far the best reporters. These are not read by the big regional or national outlets.
Local beat reporters have the best scoop. Now remember, those local beat reporters include people like SMD and all the other idiots (Porter, etc) who have covered Miami over the years. Only local exception at a big paper to me is Barry Jackson, who is good.
So ESPN then reads everything SMD wrote, and her stupid questions, and they don't have the pulse of the program.
Then some small reporter with a national focus reads ESPN, and he's completely clueless.

Why even play the game? Miami is gonna win. Theres absolutely no way Rosier crumbles under the pressure and loses yall the game like he did at the end of last season.

It’s funny that you think LSU is like Clemson or wisconsin. LSU is VT from last year with a ****tier offense.

Advertisement
usually follow cbs expert picks, but nice to see all of them believe in us. Vegas is being very nice to the U. -3.5 pts. is a deal...place your bets
1535662342169.png

Last edited:

The bigger risk is that we outsmart ourselves and try to do too much on defense and give you guys busted coverages, etc. I hope we come out in a simple base defense and make Burrows prove he can read and throw first. We have enough coming off the edge to not give him too much time without going blitz bananas.

No, just a lot less of a chance than a quarterback who hasn't started a game in 4 years. I'll take the guy who threw a game winning TD against FSU on the road last season. Not only that, Burrow wasn't even there for Spring practice.

Advertisement

Jeezus if you’re gonna troll, make it interesting for us?

Advertisement
What does your self-pity post have to do with this thread? At all?

Because we done wore out our Scout Team, and need the practice.

Besides - this year we actually have a few viable options with out backup QB's we didn't have last year.

Rosier was IT.

Advertisement
Back