Miami Opening RBs vs LBs

Stupid drill.

Yasir Abdullah is a Jermaine Grace clone.

Naquan Wright is legit.

WTF was James Cook doing?

Advertisement
would love abdullah and reese this class because our LB class in 16 was kinda iffy, but it seems like right now they're really prioritizing reese

i prefer donovan georges to rosendo louis also

Abdullah needs to get an offer, kid looks legit.

Camron Davis is put together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would love abdullah and reese this class because our LB class in 16 was kinda iffy, but it seems like right now they're really prioritizing reese

i prefer donovan georges to rosendo louis also

Why Georges over Louis?

I would love to find a spot for shivers. He's a spitting image of al shipman...little guy that can scoot. He has great short area quickness and he also has elite track speed (10.47/21.13 has a 10th grader).

Advertisement
[video=youtube;QbAwZKu_6Fo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbAwZKu_6Fo[/video]

Here's more video from another angle. Watching the 2:

Shivers - I think we need to get on him. He's small, but he's compact, and his speed & quickness jump out.

Davis - Ugh. I had concerns about his change of direction skills but these clips confirm it for me.

Davis has 3 runs here:

:43 - He swings his back leg behind his front leg when going to cut. I'll call it a "curtsy" step (or karaoke?) because I'm not sure I've ever seen it before. But is that Wright at :40 who does it too? Is this something they're coaching at Carol City? Seems very odd.

1:27 - He just runs straight, defeated the purpose of the drill. But kind of reaffirms my thought that he's only comfortable as a straight line runner.

1:49 - Ugh. Curtsy steps again then starts running away from the goal line before falling down. Hard to watch. The James Cook run right after is equally as bad.

Bottom line - I'm VERY happy we got Lingard, and I'd say let's take a 3rd RB. I'm all in on going after Shivers. I'm very skeptical of Davis at this point. It's going to take a monster senior year for me to get on board with Davis.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back