Miami only paying 2.5-3mil for new coach?

252cane

All-ACC
Travis haney with espn said that's what they are looking to pay. He thinks that's the biggest problem for miami is they won't invest more money in coaches.

Is anybody familiar with this guy? And who the **** can you get for that price?

Advertisement
They don't know anything. It's guess work. They pay Golden more than that and it's still double what Tom Herman makes

That's actually a good starting salary for an up-and-comer. You're not going to get an elite, established guy with that money but that will make our coach top 30 in pay and if he were to win here, he'd probably get a 1-1.5M bump. I'm more interested in what we're willing to pay our whole staff, that's more important.

Advertisement
Al isn't even fired but they've told this idiot what they're paying ?

Makes sense

The assistants, what are we gonna pay them. BTW the gave Coley more to get him from FSU.

Advertisement
UM is a private institution as yall may know so i doubt almost anyone knows these guys salary or what theyll allocate to hire a coach

Advertisement
UM is a private institution as yall may know so i doubt almost anyone knows these guys salary or what theyll allocate to hire a coach

Below is what he was paid for the fiscal year that ended May 31, 2014. It's safe to assume he made more during the fiscal year that ended May 31, 2015 (I don't have that info yet), and it's safe to assume he makes even more than FY 2015 now.

pg 17 2014 990 highlighted.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only reason that idiot gave that range is because he assumes Golden's salary is in that range. Golden may actually be over $3 million at this point though.

Al Golden's base salary is $2,504,338. He has/gets other compensation of $34,977. I think that was his salary in 2013.

Advertisement
Back