Miami offers MLB/OLB Sidney Gopre (Rutgers commit)

tyrn

Sophomore
6'1 210lbs MLB/OLB outta NJ with 132 tackles (41 for loss) and 5 sacks as a Jr.

Kid looks like a stud on film.[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1869447/highlights/36966380[/video]

Advertisement
You can officially put me down as wanting to sign this kid. Love the film and stats especially the 41 tackles for a loss

Doesnt seem to really be as big as they say, but dam can he play. Would love to get him.

Just as long as he has good football instincts and skill. We can always add a lot of weight and muscle once he gets here. Remember Jawand Blue? Boy blew up fast.

Doesnt seem to really be as big as they say, but dam can he play. Would love to get him.

Just as long as he has good football instincts and skill. We can always add a lot of weight and muscle once he gets here. Remember Jawand Blue? Boy blew up fast.

This^^^^^

Sean Spence wasn't too big but was more productive than any LB we have had since probably Vilma who also wasn't to big, neither is Perryman.

We need smart football players first who are good athletes, then we can add the weight and strength.

IMO a lot easier to do that then try and make DEs who have never played LB before into Miami caliber LBs.

Which to this point has never been done here (turn a DE into a Miami caliber LB)

Advertisement

This^^^^^

Sean Spence wasn't too big but was more productive than any LB we have had since probably Vilma who also wasn't to big, neither is Perryman.

We need smart football players first who are good athletes, then we can add the weight and strength.

IMO a lot easier to do that then try and make DEs who have never played LB before into Miami caliber LBs.

Which to this point has never been done here (turn a DE into a Miami caliber LB)

Don't forget Ray Lewis not being that big but he was the G.O.A.T at linebacker, so don't give me size but give me the mental and athletic linebackers who want it more then anybody

Problem is the smaller linebackers usually play behind big guys up front. Perryman struggled at Mike partly because of his small size. I don't mind having a few athletic types for a Will or hybrid safety roll in each recruiting class, but we also need some big boys to stuff the run up the middle. Beating a dead horse, but scheme will dictate success of certain player types.

Not close to those measurables and not good competition but if we get him he'll be me favorite recruit

Hey Tyrn, Rocky Mac and Jon Beason might have something to say about that statement. But I get where ur going. Listen Im all for getting LBs that can play and not worried about size but man those days might be over. Just like we are totally changing our strategy in the secondary (Where ONLY freak-a-zoids are allowed to enter. No more Vaughn Telemaques or Ray Ray Armstrongs allowed.) I think the same transformation could be happening with the LBs. You need big and fast LBs. 6'1-6'3 guys that can get up to 235-240 and STILL run a 4.5 or 4.6 in the 40. I like this kid but I wonder how commitable that offer is.

Advertisement
I thought that was freshman football when I first saw his highlights lol. but he still balls out. can read and react pretty quickly. he does look 6ft tall but def light in the pants

Advertisement
Back