2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't post anything bro, you don't have to worry about me.

I'd still lock it down for a few hours. A lot of parents frequent this board in particular. So I'd let people vent elsewhere for the next few days.
Really not a bad idea. But I can understand if they wait until he announces officially

Advertisement
If you love Canes football, the absolute worst thing you can do is put a prospective recruit on "blast" online. It hurts the program, hinders the efforts of the coaches and diminishes the reputation of our fan base (with the recruit, their parents and nationally).

Nobody should ever put a prospective recruit on "blast" online. All it does is make things worse. Posters should think about that before venting online, if they really care about Canes football.

It is very disappointing if a local recruit elects to play elsewhere (especially when Miami Football has so much to offer and is clearly trending upwards hard). However, there can be reasons (other than money) that a kid chooses to go elsewhere that neither we nor the coaches can control (mother lives in another state that is closer, a girlfriend out of state, or a myriad of other reasons). As great as Mario & his staff are at recruiting, we still aren't going to get them all.

It would be great if posters on this site could show some restraint & refrain from posting anything negative, if a recruit chooses another school. If you truly love Miami Football, you should show restraint.

Signing day is not upon yet. If posters act with class, the coaches can still potentially flip the player prior to signing day.

I’ll say Lsu , I can’t go away from the people who brought me to the dance. I heard a lot of noise from Gulliver folks but if I must choose I’ll ride with my peeps. You can say backpedal but I was the first person to say it wasn’t looking good , at the time all the cb’s were on Miami. I did play some cb back in my day though, I had to show I still had the hips.

I have covid so I haven’t been paying much attention to **** but last I heard there wasnt much confidence on either. Regardless we’ll be fine. Momentum will be back Saturday.
Cribby my guy I by no means meant any disrespect. I thought it was a solid extension of the “can he play CB” joke we always use in here and thought you would appreciate it. My bad on that homie. Keep doing what you do and hope you feel better soon.

If you love Canes football, the absolute worst thing you can do is put a prospective recruit on "blast" online. It hurts the program, hinders the efforts of the coaches and diminishes the reputation of our fan base (with the recruit, their parents and nationally).

Nobody should ever put a prospective recruit on "blast" online. All it does is make things worse. Posters should think about that before venting online, if they really care about Canes football.

It is very disappointing if a local recruit elects to play elsewhere (especially when Miami Football has so much to offer and is clearly trending upwards hard). However, there can be reasons (other than money) that a kid chooses to go elsewhere that neither we nor the coaches can control (mother lives in another state that is closer, a girlfriend out of state, or a myriad of other reasons). As great as Mario & his staff are at recruiting, we still aren't going to get them all.

It would be great if posters on this site could show some restraint & refrain from posting anything negative, if a recruit chooses another school. If you truly love Miami Football, you should show restraint.

Signing day is not upon yet. If posters act with class, the coaches can still potentially flip the player prior to signing day.
Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

Advertisement
No, but you just repeated a line we’ve been saying for the last 15 years. That’s all. I believe in them of course. However we can’t just keep saying “we have this & that” when we really don’t. We don’t have a NFL player on the current roster at WR or RB. Do we?
Key there is “current roster”. That’s gonna change soon.

Advertisement
I won't post anything bro, you don't have to worry about me.

I'd still lock it down for a few hours. A lot of parents frequent this board in particular. So I'd let people vent elsewhere for the next few days.
You’re being factual as you have actual knowledge. I’m talking about people just wishing death, injury and crying how much he sucks. Lol

You’re being factual as you have actual knowledge. I’m talking about people just wishing death, injury and crying how much he sucks. Lol

It's not worth to stoke that fire once its going.

And been around long enough to know that the inevitable destination for this thread is the over-the-top **** that's coming.

Advertisement
I’ll say Lsu , I can’t go away from the people who brought me to the dance. I heard a lot of noise from Gulliver folks but if I must choose I’ll ride with my peeps. You can say backpedal but I was the first person to say it wasn’t looking good , at the time all the cb’s were on Miami. I did play some cb back in my day though, I had to show I still had the hips.

I have covid so I haven’t been paying much attention to **** but last I heard there wasnt much confidence on either. Regardless we’ll be fine. Momentum will be back Saturday.
hope youre starting to feel better

Advertisement

Anyone who takes bots/random internet posts seriously should leave social media and refocus.

People make these posts every single year.

If someone takes that stuff seriously enough to let it affect their major life decisions they have bigger issues going on.

It just feels different now... We know this is a group of A+ recruiters who take no shortcuts. We also know we finally have the financial backing to sit at the big boy table and most of the other concerns like facility upgrades are already being addressed. When someone chooses another school you just kind of chalk it up as they were not meant to be here and thats fine. It doesn't sting as much because you know there is probably nothing that would have changed the outcome and in the end we will be fine because it's almost certain another high quality player will take their place.

There is trust that this is a high level operation so we can sit back and enjoy watching the process without getting too bent out of shape. Recruiting is so much more fun under Mario!

Seriously, anything can happen. What if he enrolls at LSU and doesn’t like it there? Miami will always be in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back