2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don't care about all the other things man say. From day 1 I said he is fast af just send him long to burn man defense. In addition he is rated highly and the kids like them ratings, other kids we recruiting. It's weird as **** to say the staff cooled on him when he was there taking pics with Rashada on his OV. It's all ***ing weird.

I rather get athletes and coach them up than bums man claim are dogs but they gonna be working at CVS after graduation.

Anyone know who is his primary recruiter?

Last edited:
A lot of tone change on here … I’m not saying every person who is saying, “he’s not a 5*, he can’t catch, he might be overrated” hasn’t been saying that the entire process… but this thread is looking like gator tears screen shots.

I think the difference is that UM hired Highsmith, a guy with many years of NFL player eval experience, to specifically help with recruiting evals. It sounds like his eval of Brown wasn't particularly favorable. I'm actually a little surprised that more of the board isn't glad that Highsmith may have stopped another Mark Pope situation. Do fans think their evals are better than Highsmith's? Maybe in a couple years if Brown blows up at LSU, we can say we shouldn't trust Highsmiths WR evals. For now though I'll defer to his judgment.

Well that escalated into a nice “See Attachment” on your Bar Application.

Fvckin cop (Officer Crick, I'll never forget), put me in an illegal chokehold. Couldn't breath, thought I was gonna die. This was 1988 in Louisiana, so maybe "illegal chokeholds" had not yet been defined.

Regardless, I got "resisting arrest" for trying not to die. No joke. It got nolle prossed, but still...

Advertisement
I think the difference is that UM hired Highsmith, a guy with many years of NFL player eval experience, to specifically help with recruiting evals. It sounds like his eval of Brown wasn't particularly favorable. I'm actually a little surprised that more of the board isn't glad that Highsmith may have stopped another Mark Pope situation. Do fans think their evals are better than Highsmith's? Maybe in a couple years if Brown blows up at LSU, we can say we shouldn't trust Highsmiths WR evals. For now though I'll defer to his judgment.

Who said Highsmith evaluated him and said nope?

I don't care about all the other things man say. From day 1 I said he is fast af just send him long to burn man defense. In addition he is rated highly and the kids like them ratings, other kids we recruiting. It's weird as **** to say the staff cooled on him when he was there taking pics with Rashada on his OV. It's all ***ing weird.

I rather get atleast and coach them up than bums man claim are dogs but they gonna be working at CVS after graduation.

Anyone know who is his primary recruiter?
I saw Gattis' name on 247.

Advertisement
Y'all do realize we are not even close to signing day, and this is a South Florida kid we're talking about. Whether he does or doesn't announce a commitment to us, this recruitment is far from over.

Advertisement
Of course but you are making it out like this kid is uncoachable. He has all the tools to be a very very good WR. What he lacks is what we have coaches for, what he has isnt something you can coach.
You are acting like I said he can never improve or something lol. I never said that, but I am saying that Jean is a better WR right now. Everyone knows buddy is a better athlete. But more guys with Jean’s traits become great than guys with Brown’s traits and it’s not just cause guys like Brown are rare. His learning curve is mor difficult and coaches cannot really teach guys to catch.. that’s mental.

You are acting like I said he can never improve or something lol. I never said that, but I am saying that Jean is a better WR right now. Everyone knows buddy is a better athlete. But more guys with Jean’s traits become great than guys with Brown’s traits and it’s not just cause guys like Brown are rare. His learning curve is mor difficult and coaches cannot really teach guys to catch.. that’s mental.
My apologies of on misunderstanding the first part. The part in bold, I disagree with. You need both but one is god given while the other can be coached.

Advertisement
You can teach a route tree. Brown had like 1200 yards last season in real games, idk why you weirdos are acting like he is only a 7v7 all star.
Our fans are weird af. They say man can only run 9 routes. I know a few WR who made a living in the NFL running 9 routes. Man like Joey Galloway etc. If man can't cover him wtf would I run anything else? To be fair some of them been criticizing him long time before now. I just never bought into it.

1657212225021.png

Leaving South Florida for this? It must be that world-class LSU education he's seeking....

Miami Flo intimated as much on his show some weeks ago after the 7v7 tournament in Vegas
So Highsmith went to a 7v7 tourney where he has no kids that I’m aware involved and evaluated Brown? You do know that’s an ncaa violation and I’m pretty sure that Miami had a camp during that time. Didn’t Highsmith also say he doesn’t like 7v6s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back