2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
AJ Green was a sure fire 5 star WR coming out of high school. One that was shut down by 5 star CB Brandon Harris when BTW beat Summerville
Brandon Harris didn’t shutdown AJ Green. BTW had one of the best defenses in the national and they overwhelmed Summerville at the line of scrimmage making Brandon Harris’ job that much easier. Harris was a stud but it was a team effort.

Advertisement
A lot of tone change on here … I’m not saying every person who is saying, “he’s not a 5*, he can’t catch, he might be overrated” hasn’t been saying that the entire process… but this thread is looking like gator tears screen shots.
If you can pull receipts pullem.

Brandon Harris didn’t shutdown AJ Green. BTW had one of the best defenses in the national and they overwhelmed Summerville at the line of scrimmage making Brandon Harris’ job that much easier. Harris was a stud but it was a team effort.
AJ had like 3 catches and was covered by Harris the entire game. Even the ESPN announcers said Brandon was shutting Green down

Advertisement
I remember the game well, he did cover him the entire game but when the QB has no time to throw, well...
True. I remember it well too because my best friend was a student at UGA at the time(one that works inside UGA athletics now) and he told me to keep an eye on this kid that’s the best WR in the nation

Mark Pope-ish
To me he is similar to Dee Wiggins. Brown is a little faster but Wiggins is bigger. He could also take the top off for sure and had more speed than anyone on the current roster. Maybe not as a starter but I actually wish we still had him on the team.

And just like Wiggins, he appears to lack toughness, shies away from contact and is below average with his hands.

Kid is talented. And this comment isnt directed at him so much but more the star system. To be a 5 star WR you should really have to absolutely jump off the page. I mean big, strong, fast, routes, hands, etc. In this day and age its maybe the easiest position to succeed at in college football the way offenses are rolling. I know we need to land these elite 5 star SFLA kids but any of them with the slightest baggage...handlers, soft, etc I hop Mario and staff see it early and know how to roll with it. WR's getting ranked off 7 on 7 can really mislead. Thats why I will rely on our staff and who they pick to go all in on. Maybe this kid is a Cane come February. We know if Mario wants him its not a done deal until then.

I mean who coming out of high school was a sure fire 5 star cant miss college guy. Dont look at what they did in college think high school. Julio Jones?
Jerry Jeudy. He was the best ive seen coming out. Great feet, routes and hands. Def 5 star

Advertisement
Couldn’t imagine wanting to play for Brian Kelly (who will not last at LSU, take that to the bank) over Mario.
You think so? I hear a lot of people say that but I'm not quite sure. I get he's a huge cornball sure but if it's one thing that man can do is coach. He's been pretty successful in whatever coaching situation you've put him in. He's an extremely good coach. They only think you did now was give him recourses and a pool of talented players to recruit from in the south. I don't think people really understand the challenges of recruiting a Notre Dame. With LSU, year to year we don;t know what to expect. Either they're going to be really good or really bad. With Kelly, I think the finally have yearly stability of being a 9 win and up team and challenge for championships in the future. Look, Saban ain't stupid. He sees the monster he's created in college football now where everyone has gotten better. It won't be a cakewalk for him anymore. I give him another 5 years before he retires. **** his personality, if Kelly can coach and wins, I think he'll b fine.

You think so? I hear a lot of people say that but I'm not quite sure. I get he's a huge cornball sure but if it's one thing that man can do is coach. He's been pretty successful in whatever coaching situation you've put him in. He's an extremely good coach. They only think you did now was give him recourses and a pool of talented players to recruit from in the south. I don't think people really understand the challenges of recruiting a Notre Dame. With LSU, year to year we don;t know what to expect. Either they're going to be really good or really bad. With Kelly, I think the finally have yearly stability of being a 9 win and up team and challenge for championships in the future. Look, Saban ain't stupid. He sees the monster he's created in college football now where everyone has gotten better. It won't be a cakewalk for him anymore. I give him another 5 years before he retires. **** his personality, if Kelly can coach and wins, I think he'll b fine.
Just think he’s a god awful fit. Don’t see it working. Same with that weirdo at OU. Could be wrong, just a gut feeling.

Advertisement
Just think he’s a god awful fit. Don’t see it working. Same with that weirdo at OU. Could be wrong, just a gut feeling.
Culturally and personality wise? He every well might be. However, if he recruits well and wins consistently, he'll be fine. Plus there is some cultural similarities between New England'ers and Dixie Southerns. Both walk around with their heads held high like their **** don't stink, aaaaand they both aren't too fond of ****** outside of their usefulness. He'll get along better than you think cousin as long as he doesn't Oger-BOMB himself the **** outta Dixie, he'll be fine. With Brent, again personality wise, he's not for the shaking hands and kissing babies part of being a HC but he gets that defense right and hires a Kiffin like OC, again he'll be fine too. Winning is the cure for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back