2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The "concern" about Gattis not being here long is ridiculous and I don't believe for a second that is having any impact on WR recruiting.
I think Gattis wants to be a HC. It's not crazy to think TVD balls this year and Miami has a Top 25 offense that HC offers will start coming in for Gattis, it did for Lashlee and Gattis has more talent to work with then he did.

Advertisement
I’m ecstatic with the way we are recruiting right now, but I’m just going off of what a couple other pretty reliable guys said in another thread.

Gattis definitely has the benefit of the doubt as an OC, but I’m sure it will be a wait and see approach of the offense this season for some of the true #1 type WR’s in this class. IMO there’s some question marks about offensive philosophy/passing game and I think that’s reflected in having 3 big time TE’s aboard already. We Have some playmakers aboard and I’m thrilled for that, but maybe some negative recruiting going with regards to that.

Benefit of the doubt for the entire staff for sure.
Agree, if youre a TE,RB or OL you have no reason to not choose Miami. When it comes to WR I can understand them taking a wait and see approach.

Apparently LSU homers losing confidence. From what i Hear.
1657206102696.gif

Brown a solid prospect but a bit overrated. Should be ranked 75-125 range. I know my WR's. Everybody compares him to Anthony Schwartz but thats a lazy eval. Brown is a faster less polished Rashad Greene. I think he's better than Jean tho. Brown will need time to develop. If he patient and put on weight he'll be great.
He's a better what than Jean?? WR? ....**** NO

Advertisement
Kid is talented. And this comment isnt directed at him so much but more the star system. To be a 5 star WR you should really have to absolutely jump off the page. I mean big, strong, fast, routes, hands, etc. In this day and age its maybe the easiest position to succeed at in college football the way offenses are rolling. I know we need to land these elite 5 star SFLA kids but any of them with the slightest baggage...handlers, soft, etc I hop Mario and staff see it early and know how to roll with it. WR's getting ranked off 7 on 7 can really mislead. Thats why I will rely on our staff and who they pick to go all in on. Maybe this kid is a Cane come February. We know if Mario wants him its not a done deal until then.

I mean who coming out of high school was a sure fire 5 star cant miss college guy. Dont look at what they did in college think high school. Julio Jones?

Love me Robby and ray ray, but we’re missing the guy on the outside with size that can consistently win battles. This WR class is stacked in S.FLA and yet these divas are still looking for excuses not to come here. That’s fine - and it’s why we’re going national and should continue to do so.

Only in Miami are the hometown kids this disloyal and cancerous. High schools can’t crap on us for recruiting these kids hard and in exchange the kids drag us along only to end up out of state for x reason; so they better get used to seeing more kids out of state with orange and green on. Mario knows what he’s doing.
For sure. I think in this case Hykeem is more the guy that you don't want to miss on. I get that Jalen is taller but I haven't seen him yet do things Robby can't do. I'm also not an expert.

For sure. I think in this case Hykeem is more the guy that you don't want to miss on. I get that Jalen is taller but I haven't seen him yet do things Robby can't do. I'm also not an expert.
Hykeem and Fowles would be bigger needs and misses than Brown based on what we have now. Robby and RayRay are better PURE WRs than Brown by FAR. Brown is definitely the superior athlete tho.

Kid is talented. And this comment isnt directed at him so much but more the star system. To be a 5 star WR you should really have to absolutely jump off the page. I mean big, strong, fast, routes, hands, etc. In this day and age its maybe the easiest position to succeed at in college football the way offenses are rolling. I know we need to land these elite 5 star SFLA kids but any of them with the slightest baggage...handlers, soft, etc I hop Mario and staff see it early and know how to roll with it. WR's getting ranked off 7 on 7 can really mislead. Thats why I will rely on our staff and who they pick to go all in on. Maybe this kid is a Cane come February. We know if Mario wants him its not a done deal until then.

I mean who coming out of high school was a sure fire 5 star cant miss college guy. Dont look at what they did in college think high school. Julio Jones?
Andre Johnson

Advertisement
Omg here we go. It drives me crazy when fans start calling a prospect overrated every time they decide not to come to Miami. Yesterday he was the best wr in the state, and today he is "overrated" the minute we find out he isn't coming to Miami. I have seen Brown in person several times, he is clearly a legit prospect. There was always something about Miami that made him hesitant. I definitely don't think his recruitment is over. Brown is definitely a guy that we can circle back to in December.
No i'm not one of those fans. Do I want Brown of course but he's not the 29th ranked player in the nation. I've seen him play live and 7 on 7. He blazing but needs to improve his hands and size. I like Brown asa long term prospect. And ppl who think Andy Jean is better are crazy.

Advertisement
No i'm not one of those fans. Do I want Brown of course but he's not the 29th ranked player in the nation. I've seen him play live and 7 on 7. He blazing but needs to improve his hands and size. I like Brown asa long term prospect. And ppl who think Andy Jean is better are crazy.
So what does Brown do better than Jean at the WR position other than run faster?????

AJ Green was a sure fire 5 star WR coming out of high school. One that was shut down by 5 star CB Brandon Harris when BTW beat Summerville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back