2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be honest , in all the years i‘ve done this I’ve never seen a recruitment like Browns. Nothing lines up , from his teammates, his coaches , Miami and Miami players.

Was Miami pressing hard for him?

Advertisement
Can't say I'm surprised. That LSU smoke around the time Rashada committed was clue #1, his family member "not feeling the love from the staff" was #2, folks questioning his ability is #3.

I'm sure he's a great kid but I've never been high on him as a 5* prospect.

Mark Pope-ish
Glad I'm not the only one. Brown is more sure-handed and faster than Pope though.

I’ll put the tinfoil hat on…DMoney previously said players like Brown would respond well to social media love - which usually means they like attention. Maybe this is his way of saying he’s not getting enough attention from the staff and not treated like a priority. More like a “look at me, look at what I’m going to do” commitment.

Odd recruitment to say the least.

I’ll be honest , in all the years i‘ve done this I’ve never seen a recruitment like Browns. Nothing lines up , from his teammates, his coaches , Miami and Miami players.
I think he’s still coming to Miami. Idk who he’s trolling. But the following line up to a Miami commit. We’ve seen it for other schools so many times

- visited us 100x
- came to take pics with Jaden
- now only has LSU and Michigan stuff on his IG

He’s not even gonna pretend we’re one of the real finalists? Cane. Just like Francis posting stories with Tennessee before choosing us.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that he told Mario, “I want this to be completely under wraps, I don’t want it to leak like it did for Francis that I’m coming,” and we actually adhered to it?

Advertisement
This is something not enough people are talking about. We badly need a talent infusion at WR and we are lacking the talent on the outside more than anywhere else. Hope that board is deeper than we realize or we hit the portal much harder (and earlier) next spring
I’m not sure I fully agree with this. I would peg WR as being the lowest overall need. Both Keyshawn Smith and Jacolby George have shown some impressive flashes of going up and winning battles, and there are a few more I have high hopes for.

We may not have that 6’2”+, 4.2/4.3 speed guy, but one thing I’ll credit Manny’s staff with is they recruited well at WR regardless of rankings.

If we’re talking Inniss or Hykeem, I’ll agree we don’t have a guy like that, but I don’t think Brown really fits that mold. Yeah, it absolutely still stings and it’s a big loss (for the moment) due to being a high profile recruit in Miami’s backyard.

Sucks we won't land the kid, as some here would say, he's probably a bit overrated, but looks to have a high ceiling. If this were Diaz, I'd feel spurned and see that the trend continues. But with Mario, look at the last month we've had and the other players we're in play for. Best of luck to the kid at LSU, especially when he plays UF.

Advertisement
That’s why I have 5 years with misses you can count on one hand ? Is that why I was the only one to put in a cb with a high confidence on Mauigoa? When all the pros refrained , every one of them. What about calling commits two months out and the weekend they’d commit? I’ll happily bump that for you. I’ve laid my entire nut sack on the line over five years risking my reputation in front of this entire board and you say that ****.

Even with J Brown me and others here said it wasn’t looking good even though all the cb’s were on Miami. If your dumb *** actually knew where me and some other posters info came from you’d stfu. You don’t live long in the prediction game if you don’t have legit info. Fact is the trend with Miami recruiting has been this board and professionals know it. I won’t be discredited for walking a ledge this long by some twit trolling.
Who do you know inside of the program then?

I’ll put the tinfoil hat on…DMoney previously said players like Brown would respond well to social media love - which usually means they like attention. Maybe this is his way of saying he’s not getting enough attention from the staff and not treated like a priority. More like a “look at me, look at what I’m going to do” commitment.

Odd recruitment to say the least.

If he wasn’t feeling like a priority from this staff, maybe he wasn’t. I’m not saying we didn’t want him or dropped him or anything like that but this staff isn’t Mannys cluster**** of an organization.

Advertisement
A lot of tone change on here … I’m not saying every person who is saying, “he’s not a 5*, he can’t catch, he might be overrated” hasn’t been saying that the entire process… but this thread is looking like gator tears screen shots.

Advertisement
Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

Can't say I'm surprised. That LSU smoke around the time Rashada committed was clue #1, his family member "not feeling the love from the staff" was #2, folks questioning his ability is #3.

I'm sure he's a great kid but I've never been high on him as a 5* prospect.

Glad I'm not the only one. Brown is more sure-handed and faster than Pope though.
Faster more sure handed and taller being a legit 6’1. He isn’t Mark Pope.
I’m not sure I fully agree with this. I would peg WR as being the lowest overall need. Both Keyshawn Smith and Jacolby George have shown some impressive flashes of going up and winning battles, and there are a few more I have high hopes for.

We may not have that 6’2”+, 4.2/4.3 speed guy, but one thing I’ll credit Manny’s staff with is they recruited well at WR regardless of rankings.

If we’re talking Inniss or Hykeem, I’ll agree we don’t have a guy like that, but I don’t think Brown really fits that mold. Yeah, it absolutely still stings and it’s a big loss (for the moment) due to being a high profile recruit in Miami’s backyard.
Uhhhh, did you pay attention to what Cribby said all spring? The staff doesn’t like our WR room. We brought in Ladson for size, scoured the nation for speed because it was identified as the single biggest thing missing from the room. Then we signed a Juco kid. This is a loss but we will be allright. You bring up Inniss and let’s not forget how many people were saying he wasn’t on the level of the other SFLA WRs including Brown because he wasn’t coming here. He was overrated and he had already maxed out.

Faster more sure handed and taller being a legit 6’1. He isn’t Mark Pope.

Uhhhh, did you pay attention to what Cribby said all spring? The staff doesn’t like our WR room. We brought in Ladson for size, scoured the nation for speed because it was identified as the single biggest thing missing from the room. Then we signed a Juco kid. This is a loss but we will be allright. You bring up Inniss and let’s not forget how many people were saying he wasn’t on the level of the other SFLA WRs including Brown because he wasn’t coming here. He was overrated and he had already maxed out.
Well, for one, I definitely disagree about Inniss whether it’s sour grapes or not. Never thought he was coming here, but he’s legit.

We’ll see about the WR room. Not going to hate on Cribby’s info or the stance by staff, but I will hold strong on my opinion here: I think we’ve got some legit guys there. Plenty of room to be coached up if Gattis is the WR coach many believe him to be. Restrepo and Brashard Smith will be good in the slot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back