2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So is this officially over or will they continue to recruit him? Is he lower on the board and not worth the investment here?
With this staff pretty sure they'll recruit a guy they want til he puts ink to paper.

Want to be canes line my goodness I thought our fan base got passed that sh. Still some fried people I see
I mean I get it. But this is a new era. You stay on kids who might just be lukewarm because all your eggs aren't in 1 or 2 baskets. We miss on one we have very solid backup plans. And while Brown is good and he has the speed we covet, he's not a generational talent..

Watch him he the next Antonio Brown

Advertisement
FWIW, shodell just said he is hearing not happening for the Canes.. He's also saying he is really surprised...

Some smoke the staff hasn't been on him as hard...
I have a feeling that UM is not as high on Brown as Michigan and LSU, and I have a feeling Brown (and his dad from his comment to the Michigan website) don’t feel like Miami has made Brown a “priority”. When both these things exist it is best that the young man plays somewhere else.

I won’t get into whether Brown is a little soft as I don’t know the young man to make that type of comment. But I do believe that UM at its best, recruits kids who are alphas and can make life difficult for betas. This may have nothing to do with it but can you imagine being a beta and dealing with someone like Michael Irvin talking **** every day? Its not for everyone.

It’s all good regardless lol. I would’ve earned it by being ****y. I know how this game is played , it’s not my first rodeo. I at least waited before I dropped the night night lol. I had a feeling it was too early.
if we didnt "recruit him as hard"... this sounds like a Zo eval...

something think GIF
Pretty much

Advertisement
Michigan 247 writers have a thread entitled "Handicapping the Race for Jalen Brown.". some quotes by his father in an interview he gave them after the visit:

-
“We talked about NIL (during the Michigan visit),” Mr. Brown said. “I ain't gonna say that I try not to get into it, because I think that's important. But with any coach and any team that we've been across, I don't really talk about it that much. That’s because I feel like my first priority is him being developed and him becoming the player that I think he could be. (NIL) is important because when he gets it, it's something that he deserves because he worked hard for, and it should happen. But I know every school is going about it differently. Michigan said some things about what they're doing and what they're trying to do as far as their players and stuff like that. I get it. And I know Miami is doing some things too. But everything's different. At the end of the day, I think you’ve still got to figure out what's best for you.”

“If everything is pretty much like… almost the same per se, then you’ve got to weigh other things. We just want to be in the best situation for him. I want him to feel like he's a priority, I want him to feel like he's gonna be a good fit, and I want him to feel like he's gonna be developed. I want him to feel like all the boxes are checked because I feel like we have all the boxes checked (for the schools).”

Anyone paying attention ought to know the southern schools have a more aggressive NIL pitch than Michigan. In a pure NIL battle with those schools, the Wolverines would lose. Period. And in the case of Brown, if his recruitment came down strictly to NIL, Miami would win going away. I don’t think there’s any way the Hurricanes would be out-spent for a hometown five-star. No way. But I don’t think this one is shaping up as a pure NIL battle. Unfortunately for Michigan that’s looking like a blessing and a curse

A blessing because the Wolverines have done a good enough job checking all the other boxes… and that was no small undertaking in the aftermath of Josh Gattis and Nate Crutchfield departing for Miami. But it’s also a curse because I think it has made room for another factor to be the differentiator.

Mom.

Mom is currently in Miami visiting. I know the Browns had a lengthy family meeting yesterday about Jalen’s recruitment and possibly bringing it to a close. I also know getting a commitment out of the way before she heads home this weekend is a major motivation for him. Now I’m getting the impression that the chance to be closer to mom could be the distinguishing characteristic.

Mom lives in Mississippi. Advantage LSU. That’s my
OPINION.

To be clear, the Tigers are in a good spot on the merits. He had a great visit to LSU, they have an excellent lineage of top-flight receivers, their NIL game is obviously strong, and his former AD at Gulliver Prep is on staff in Baton Rouge. But being closest to mom could be what puts them over the top.
Picking LSU to be closer to someone in Mississippi is idiotic. It’ll like a 1.5hr flight to Miami. And this kid will be getting like half a mill at least. **** he’d have more than enough to literally pay for her to move and live until she got a new job…

If he chose LSU it’s not actually because his mom is closer being in Mississippi, because that’s just plain stupid.

Advertisement
It’s all good regardless lol. I would’ve earned it by being ****y. I know how this game is played , it’s not my first rodeo. I at least waited before I dropped the night night lol. I had a feeling it was too early.
We all know and respect you as a real one. You’ve rarely let the fan base down with your info. If his recruitment was trending our way it’s because it was at that given time.
I Appreciate You Dj Khaled GIF

I have a feeling that UM is not as high on Brown as Michigan and LSU, and I have a feeling Brown (and his dad from his comment to the Michigan website) don’t feel like Miami has made Brown a “priority”. When both these things exist it is best that the young man plays somewhere else.

I won’t get into whether Brown is a little soft as I don’t know the young man to make that type of comment. But I do believe that UM at its best, recruits kids who are alphas and can make life difficult for betas. This may have nothing to do with it but can you imagine being a beta and dealing with someone like Michael Irvin talking **** every day? Its not for everyone.

beta-jesse-lee-peterson.gif

That can’t be the reason he doesn’t want to be here.
Sure it can. Dudes eliminate schools for much pettier sh*t than legit not liking some of their future teammates. TBF I don't know the extent of the beef between Brown and the Washingtons or if it's even real, but if it is that's more than enough for a kid to decide go elsewhere. Doesn't mean it's right or a good idea but wouldn't be crazy for a teenage kid.

Advertisement
That weirdo who made the “race to 300” thread this morning didn’t include him in his class 👀

Seriously though, if the staff is really on him 100.0%, there’s a good chance we can flip him in the next 5 months. If not, sign the 2 we have plus Jean and Hykeem and we’re still ******’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back