2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no supplement for that kind of speed, except other speedy WR’s.

Which is why I wish we went more National much earlier in this spot instead putting all our eggs in the South FL basket for WR.

Jaquaize Pettaway, Anthony Evans & Marquis Johnson are all Speed demon WR’s with 10.5 & lower speed in this class. Wish we would’ve offered & pursued at least one of them in the event that we missed on Jalen or Robby Washington.

It’s still early & we’ll continue to recruit him, just keep pressing the issue & see where things stand come Flip season in November-Feb. But with our new found ability to go National for nearly any prospect I really hope the staff takes that into consideration going forward in the next classes.

Recruit the South FL stars & give them the best presentation possible, but please do not make them the only option available, recruit OOS WR’s, DB’s, RB’s & every other position just as much & put forth the effort, it will pay dividends & result in great commits.

I sound like a broken record, but Texas, Louisiana & Cali have just as much speed at the skill positions as FL does, actually Texas has more; the largest collection of sub 11 & sub 10.6 100m runners that also play Football are in Tejas. Recruit them the same way we do kids who live 10-15 minutes away from campus & I guarantee we’ll get’em.
Our best teams were 50/50 or 60/40 splits between in-state and national. You are dead on keep the net huge.

Advertisement
FWIW, shodell just said he is hearing not happening for the Canes.. He's also saying he is really surprised...

Some smoke the staff hasn't been on him as hard...
This would be puzzling to me if we cooled, because like LCE said, there aren’t many guys with his elite speed.

Advertisement
This would be puzzling to me if we cooled, because like LCE said, there aren’t many guys with his elite speed.

gattis is the WR coach too right? he recruited him at much. he may not have liked what he saw the more he got a chance to see him

Lol, I love to just sit back and watch all of this. Really is nothing like fan speculation right before an announcement.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

FWIW, shodell just said he is hearing not happening for the Canes.. He's also saying he is really surprised...

Some smoke the staff hasn't been on him as hard...
Hmm....would like to know what really went down after this is all done

Advertisement
This is definitely a weird one. He was one I feel most pegged as an eventual lock. And once we got Rashada’s commitment I figured it was **** near a lock.

But the recent Hykeem is back in the picture and a rushed commitment date out of nowhere I guess LSU has really put the pressure to stick it to UM here.

Not sure why people melt so much if he goes elsewhere. This staff is great but they aren't going to land everyone, and some kids want to leave Miami.

We have 2 electric WR in this class and they'll add more. Brown would be a great add, but this isn't like Manny's misses where there was no backup plan. **** we're going to add 2 5* recruits this week even without Brown.

For the longest I’ve been saying the same thing!! Recruit players in the SFL that wants to be a cane and **** the others. So many on here have criticize me for this too, but I It’s about time we go far out for the best instead of getting shoved to the side by these SFL kids while kissing their divas *** to come to the U.
You're still thinking in Manny/Golden era terms.

Advertisement
If we cooled on him then we have to trust that Mario and gattis truly thought he wasn’t worth the hype

Might not agree with their opinion, but Mario and staff are relentless and they don’t “cool” on anyone by accident

At other positions yes, but for this class not at WR.

Which is understandable considering the circumstances.

My comment was more towards the future classes, but this one can be used as a learning experience about what to do when it comes to skill position players going forward.

How many WR do you think we should take this year?

This is definitely a weird one. He was one I feel most pegged as an eventual lock. And once we got Rashada’s commitment I figured it was **** near a lock.

But the recent Hykeem is back in the picture and a rushed commitment date out of nowhere I guess LSU has really put the pressure to stick it to UM here.
It’s also weird because I thought Jean would be the odd man out. He seems very wishy washy.

Brown doesn’t make much sense, other than the typical SFla diva who wants attention but never had any intention of coming here.

Advertisement
Actually I wasn’t lol been on duty with no service for 24 hours so had a lot of posts to catch up on.
It’s all good regardless lol. I would’ve earned it by being ****y. I know how this game is played , it’s not my first rodeo. I at least waited before I dropped the night night lol. I had a feeling it was too early.

So is this officially over or will they continue to recruit him? Is he lower on the board and not worth the investment here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back