2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaby update:

Brown learned that Rashada was a Hurricane once landing back home in Miami. Having the quarterback on board is a big deal but I don’t see that leading to an imminent commitment. He plans to get to Florida State at the end of July and take an early in-season visit to Georgia. The Michigan trip was a success and LSU is giving the family plenty to think about as well. Brown and his father James are both big fans of what Mario Cristobal and his staff are doing at Miami and they should still be viewed as a prime contender, and especially so with Rashada on board.

And this:

Brown, who has also caught passes from new Miami commit Jaden Rashada as recently as a few weeks ago in Las Vegas, also learned that the blue-chip passer publicly pledged to the Hurricanes.

“I’m proud of my boy Jaden,” Brown told InsideTheU following his workout. “When we was up in Vegas, he was stressed, he was scared. I’m happy that he was finally able to calm down and take a deep breath and make a decision, which is to Miami.”

Rashada asked Brown to join him on campus during his official visit this past week.

“That just lets me know that when I go up there, I know I have a quarterback and that we will be on the same page. We played seven-on together, we played with each other a lot, we talk to each other a lot. I know if I do choose Miami, I know me and Jaden Rashada is going to make something happen,” Brown said.

The All-American Bowl commit describes Rashada as a big time passer who also shows strong off-the-field characteristics.

“Strong arm, athletic. He’s a good leader. When you doing bad he’s going to be the first one to put his hand on your shoulder. He’s basically a great teammate to be around. He’s funny and just a vibe,” Brown said.

Advertisement
Jalen was on w/Blu last night on QAM's South Florida High School Sports show. Says he will commit when he feels like he's found the school that's the right fit.

Translation: "Yeeeeahh..let me see what this offense looks like before I pull that trigger, Mario." I dont blame him. Even our own fans dont exactly know what the offense will look like come Sept.

Advertisement
Strange. That doesn't sound very positive at all coming from a kid that was supposedly a silent to us this whole time. Something is off here. He would have committed by now if he was about the crib but apparently he is still looking for the right fit. The right fit? LSU is giving the family aot to think about? LOL This kid isn't coming.
I can understand if he wants to see what the offense looks like. I get it. I think that is something that UM fans also wonder about. I just expected this kid to be more excited about UM and our bright future. I wont lie, I want Brown in this class badly as I'm a huge fan of what he can bring. The good news here is that our HC is a total savage and if Mario really wants Brown then we are in great hands. If he says no to Mario and Gattis, he was never coming here anyway.

Strange. That doesn't sound very positive at all coming from a kid that was supposedly a silent to us this whole time. Something is off here. He would have committed by now if he was about the crib but apparently he is still looking for the right fit. The right fit? LSU is giving the family aot to think about? LOL This kid isn't coming.
I can understand if he wants to see what the offense looks like. I get it. I think that is something that UM fans also wonder about. I just expected this kid to be more excited about UM and our bright future. I wont lie, I want Brown in this class badly as I'm a huge fan of what he can bring. The good news here is that our HC is a total savage and if Mario really wants Brown then we are in great hands. If he says no to Mario and Gattis, he was never coming here anyway.
Here’s the thing. In years past Jalen brown would’ve been without a doubt the star of our class. Losing him would mean losing out an a star in the class. That is no longer the case. The train is leaving and it’s up to him if he wants to get on. We won’t lose a minute of sleep if we miss here. I would love him in the class. However, In terms of top 5 most wanted targets he doesn’t make the cut.

1.David Hicks
2. Nyck Harbor
3. Samsun okunlola
4. Samuel M’Pemba
5. Cedric Baxter

Those are 5 guys off the top of my head and there are others I feel that are more important. Jayden Wayne, Malik Bryant. We’re recruiting at such a high level it’s absolutely insane. Like you said Jalen isn’t blind if he doesn’t come here, oh well lol we gon be aight!

Here’s the thing. In years past Jalen brown would’ve been without a doubt the star of our class. Losing him would mean losing out an a star in the class. That is no longer the case. The train is leaving and it’s up to him if he wants to get on. We won’t lose a minute of sleep if we miss here. I would love him in the class. However, In terms of top 5 most wanted targets he doesn’t make the cut.

1.David Hicks
2. Nyck Harbor
3. Samsun okunlola
4. Samuel M’Pemba
5. Cedric Baxter

Those are 5 guys off the top of my head and there are others I feel that are more important. Jayden Wayne, Malik Bryant. We’re recruiting at such a high level it’s absolutely insane. Like you said Jalen isn’t blind if he doesn’t come here, oh well lol we gon be aight!
That is pretty much spot on and you won't get an argument from me in terms of your top target list minus a tweek here and there. The thing is I was speaking strictly in terms of our needs at WR this class and in that context I would say that he is close to the top. I love Browns potential in terms of growth as an overall WR. His speed is off the chain and that's something that you can never have too much of. We have speed in this class at WR but Ray Ray and Washington are on the smaller side and that's fine but we need a guy like Brown who is 6'1" and become that dominant X receiver. I'm a huge fan of Brown's and I want him in this class but like you said, we are a prime destination once again with one of the best staffs in the country and soon to have the best facilities in the country. Our HC is extremely well respected as a program builder and arguably the best recruiter in the nation. In other words we will be fine without Brown if he chooses to go elsewhere. Personally however I would rather have him as part of this class.

This kids not coming. He would have committed by now. Keep recruiting him but I don’t have the best feeling about it.
Way too early to come to that conclusion. I think this staff has shown that we’re never out of it, and more often than not we already have a kid it just hasn’t been made public (or the kid wants to take some free visits).

Advertisement
I thought @LeedsCane murdered you. Are you a ghost?
Futurama Reaction GIF

Advertisement
For the longest I’ve been saying the same thing!! Recruit players in the SFL that wants to be a cane and **** the others. So many on here have criticize me for this too, but I It’s about time we go far out for the best instead of getting shoved to the side by these SFL kids while kissing their divas *** to come to the U.

Advertisement
It’s July and people saying if a kid isn’t committed yet he’s not coming.

I know absolutely nothing about Brown. I just think that reasoning in a vacuum is flawed in so many ways. It’s like we’ve never seen recruiting before.
I can agree with this. Its early. Way too early to make any definitive judgments on any kid.

The strange thing in this is him pushing Rashada to play with him in college. Rashada is now committed to what was Brown's perceived favorite. Why wait if he indeed wants to play with Rashada?

It's just fairly telling that our latest run of commitments (other than Joseph) includes guys outside South Florida, with most out of state (IMG guys are really OOS). These local guys just play way too many games and unfortunately I think the adults encourage them to. Same thing every year; just the culture here. Hopefully Mario hitting on all these big OOS guys will put some big time pressure to get on the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back