2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This why I’ve been a huge huge proponent of National recruiting...

No coach can wave a magic wand & undo the decades of programming that South FL athletes have been inundated with, the hard truth is we are a really long ways away from being looked at as the premier program that local recruits want to flock too & even if we do win we still won’t be.

Everyone puts on the Orange & Green glasses all offseason & becomes Pom-Pom wavers saying we’re going to land everyone & then reality sets in; those of us who are realistic & objective get brow-beat to death all offseason with glossy messaging about recruiting & anyone who dares question anything at all gets labeled as a “hater”.

Turning Miami into a premium local recruiting attraction will take time, a lot of time. However, we still have the appeal as a National brand & if we continue to put forth our efforts into National recruiting it will pay dividends.

I like the staffs National recruiting thus far & really hope they lean into it heavier. I would take a cold business-style Clemson like approach to South FL recruits, put everything on the table early, lay out the NIL opportunities, let’em visit a few times & then tell’em to sh*t or get off the pot; if they don’t commit within a certain timeframe, then I’d move on.

Obviously, no coaching staff would do that because recruiting season doesn’t really begin until Nov-Feb, but even so still I would spend all the Spring/Summer months establishing relationships with OOS prospects.
Hold up, you weren’t always about National recruiting. You fought me and other posters on it the first 2 years of Manny’s tenure.

I rarely pay attention to who is actually posting what, so IDK if this is your avi maybe or the 407 part that sticks out but ho-lee-*** you are comically wrong about just about every single thing you post. WRs are plug and play? Are you ******* high? When we "plugged and played" Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins against Clemson's physical corners in 2020, how'd that work out? I've seen hardcore snuff **** that was less aggressive than what they did to our WRs.

Yes, the trenches are important. But WRs are plug and play. My ******* Christ almighty.

I gotta keep reminding myself that these are the dudes I'm out here talking ball with. Fuvk me, if we're being honest.....
Now u see how much progress I've made on here with my patience... I just read it,shook my head & moved on.

Advertisement
This board has some amazing people who give great information and the board needs to trust them. A lot of Canes boards and this one see that oh UL may be going hard at Ray Ray and write him off.

Stop. It's recruiting and schools gonna push. We have Mario who him and his staff are beast recruiters and you don't think with all the demands Mario made there isn't a big NIL pool. RELAX.

1655844579818.jpeg

Advertisement
This board has some amazing people who give great information and the board needs to trust them. A lot of Canes boards and this one see that oh UL may be going hard at Ray Ray and write him off.

Stop. It's recruiting and schools gonna push. We have Mario who him and his staff are beast recruiters and you don't think with all the demands Mario made there isn't a big NIL pool. RELAX.
So you're telling that it's ok for other schools want our targets?

I rarely pay attention to who is actually posting what, so IDK if this is your avi maybe or the 407 part that sticks out but ho-lee-*** you are comically wrong about just about every single thing you post. WRs are plug and play? Are you ******* high? When we "plugged and played" Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins against Clemson's physical corners in 2020, how'd that work out? I've seen hardcore snuff **** that was less aggressive than what they did to our WRs.

Yes, the trenches are important. But WRs are plug and play. My ******* Christ almighty.

I gotta keep reminding myself that these are the dudes I'm out here talking ball with. Fuvk me, if we're being honest.....
🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement

i have to remind myself
that most of what guys post on here is a way to cope with disapointment
there is no shame for calling a miss a miss
dont have to spin everything like some on here do

Just sharing

Who was the poster who said a while ago that LSU was a major player and said he wouldn’t end up at UM because of his dad?

Unscrupulous people will do unscrupulous things.

That’s just life in the big city

Advertisement
Gattis is the OC and WR coach, the WR class essentially falls on him. I know it's early but it's not exactly trending well. Can the guy recruit or not?

Hold up, you weren’t always about National recruiting. You fought me and other posters on it the first 2 years of Manny’s tenure.
Got your timelines mixed up, I posted this thread in 2017:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2018-texas-cbs.116107/

Said this in March of 2020:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/state-of-miami-myth-busted.159324/post-4601541

I’ve been in favor of National recruiting since 2018, what I argued was the realistic chance of getting them & targeting specific regions. I’ve never been against National recruiting, just not going after kids we couldn’t get if there were locals that were being overlooked.

I definitely was arguing in favor of National recruiting way before the first 2 years of Manny’s tenure, the overwhelming majority of prospects I post aren’t even Florida kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back