2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we offered him a track scholarship.
These are the little things that make trusting in the program that much easier for a kid.

In my opinion the biggest impediment to Miami’s success since ’03 has been we hire people who make winning harder instead of easier. It’s in the minutiae:

Clappy: Let the players run the team. Torpedoed long term success, eventually that killed a guy like Corch Urban Meyers even.

Shannon: stubbornness on staff and inflexibility to grow as a leader. That detail caused him to lock up when he needed to loosen up. Made winning harder.

Golden: Scheme and loyalty on defense. 2 gapped his way to obscurity for ten years because he wanted S Fla athletes to play like B10 mules. Didn’t recruit like he was in the Mecca of HS football either. Made it harder to win.

Richt: Wanted to be OC and wanted to coach with his son. Great idea, if you’re coaching high school. Made it harder to win.

Manny: I’m sorry, I just threw up all over my phone. Too soon.

Mario may not win a ship, but I think he understands that his main job right now is to eliminate obstacles and make it easier to win, not harder.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't think this is going down to the wire at all. He will wittle down his options and commit before the season starts. Just my opinion. The kids who take all these summer visits do it for a reason. I think he ends up here.
Btw thank god some of you are not recruiting him. Talking about put him at CB. No you put him where he wants to play. Period and simple. Dumb thinking like that is how we lost out on talented players. Know it all coaches who think they can force kids here under their conditions.

Not worried about it though cuz Mario connects well with the kids and their parents plus Gattis was recruiting him at Michigan and i guarantee it was not for CB but to blow by Big Ten DBs.
Just don’t make sense for people to see a kid playing his position, balling out at it, being recruited heavily at it… but then say move him to CB. These guys are dumb for real bro.

Im a hard guy to please and I don’t often fan girl but this kid can legit end up a 10.2 sprinter at 6’1 185. Refine his route tree but just put the ball in his hands and he’ll go. He adjusts to the ball very well on the fly and always gets open 1 on 1. And I love him
Saw him at a 7-on-7 event last year. He mostly ran posts, digs, and gos. I cannot remember a single time I saw him "covered". He may not do much, but he does those few things very VERY well.

Advertisement
Less football players are running track in HS. It’s football straight to 7on, no track.
This is kinda true, alot of these 7 on 7 corches be tryna pull these kids out of track so they can go to these random tournaments, smfh.. But alot of the recruits we are going after the last few years have track times so they stil make it happen or do both.. What I do know for a fact is last decade we havent had many if any players run track especially the latter half of decade.. that is ******* terrible..

I was talking to a dad who has a son who recently went first round in draft and now has a son who is a rising junior and getting recruited and he was mentioning he wasnt gonna change the formula that worked (football and track) for his first kid to a 7 0n 7 corch.. He is still on the team but he misses tourneys because he wants his son to focus on track in track season..

Xavier worthy! That’s a good comp the only thing is I think worthy is legit only 160 pounds. Jalen is the same height and 30 to 40 pounds heavier with similar speed. I need to watch more tape but he’s a easy mover at that size like terry mclaurin to me

Worthy is more comparable to the Vegas kid - branch. That dude is a speed deamon and may give brown a run for his money on the track.

Advertisement
Once again, this kid is a must get. Will probably be a 10.4 in the 100 when it’s all said and done with his agility, unless we get Harbor, is the most athletic kid on the roster day 1.

Edit: allright that maybe hyperbole a bit but this kid is elite.

Once again, this kid is a must get. Will probably be a 10.4 in the 100 when it’s all said and done with his agility, unless we get Harbor, is the most athletic kid on the roster day 1.

Edit: allright that maybe hyperbole a bit but this kid is elite.
We need both

Advertisement
Remember all the the top wr’s we missed on, the elite ones that went to Bama etc. well this guy is one of them I saw his tape and him working out, absolute game breaker

Advertisement
Back on campus today, that's 2 days straight. Gaby says he is close to putting in CB, fwiw.
changing season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back