2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Call it PTSD but I dont want any high level commits this early in the process. Too early. Go on camps, go on visits, go to the summer BBQs/pool parties and enjoy the process. And then if in Aug/Sept you want to pull the trigger? Come on down. Neg me all you want but March commits for players who havent seen everything they need to see or commits that come with the disclaimer that "Yeah im committed 110%, BUT i am still taking all of my visits" are not commits I want right now.

Call it PTSD but I dont want any high level commits this early in the process. Too early. Go on camps, go on visits, go to the summer BBQs/pool parties and enjoy the process. And then if in Aug/Sept you want to pull the trigger? Come on down. Neg me all you want but March commits for players who havent seen everything they need to see or commits that come with the disclaimer that "Yeah im committed 110%, BUT i am still taking all of my visits" are not commits I want right now.
It is PTSD lol if a elite kid says he wants to commit now, it is hard to just say no. However, Mario seems to run things differently when it comes to commits. It was heavily rumored Florence (CB from Cali) wanted to commit sight unseen and Mario asked him to hold off as per his policy. If we had taken his commit who knows what happens but Mario was simply sticking to his policy. I doubt Mario lets that kind of "soft" commitment go public, the ones of "I am committed now but still taking visits and going through the process" If a kid says that is his plan I bet Mario convinces him to hold off on committing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He was at a camp playing CB in some clips I saw so I think that is where the talk came from. And he looked **** good. This didn’t come out of thin air. Maybe he was just showing off his athleticism but him and his pops can’t be appalled at the notion. That said, he’s being recruited as a WR and that’s that.

Advertisement
I definitely agree with you and I don’t even know the kid. Why are we talking about having one of the top WR prospects in the country coming here to play CB? That’s strange.

Remember when Golden ****ed off Travis Rudolph by putting DB on his name tag for a recruiting event? Mario isn't an idiot. Even if he did want to put him at DB he'd wait until he was signed and enrolled before uttering a word about it.

But this kid is WR so this discussion is as pointless as **** on a boar hog

Advertisement
I like our chances as well, I just highly doubt we get a Spring/Early Summer commit from him.

It’ll be a down to the wire battle with UGA & I’ve heard Texas is recruiting him pretty heavy as well.

I agree it isn't certain yet and won't be super early but he's a lean here. I can't remember a time when almost all the big names here especially at skill positions are ours to lose. The biggest hindrance this year will be not getting a few big names locally because of some national recruits jumping in. Not at WR but several other positions that are fairly deep down here this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back