2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erriyon ran a 19.8 in the 200m, that kid has World Class Olympic speed.

Wish he would’ve decided to play Football, but I can’t be mad at him for pursuing a track career.

Although I could argue with NIL now in effect he probably could’ve made just as much if not more playing Football than being a full time track athlete, but nonetheless, I hope he does well on his path.
Wasn’t he interested in us at one point or we were “rumored favorite”?

Advertisement
I've heard alot his hands are suspect. But with that speed..who cares
By any means necessary sign the kid. I love how all of a sudden a guy that is a 5 star at WR isn’t good enough for and we want him at CB. I agree that he would be an elite corner, yes I used that word, but let’s not get in over our heads here. We have to sign kids like any way you can and if he wants to be a WR, let’s not kid ourselves that somehow that isn’t still a monster win for us.

Advertisement
"Catching" is something that can be improved over time, significantly. Hard work and repetitive movements are the remedy.

Conversely, speed can as well, albeit with harder work and drill specific training. I'd argue it's harder to learn to be faster than it is to catch. God blessed JB with game breaking speed. Sign him up.

"Catching" is something that can be improved over time, significantly. Hard work and repetitive movements are the remedy.

Conversely, speed can as well, albeit with harder work and drill specific training. I'd argue it's harder to learn to be faster than it is to catch. God blessed JB with game breaking speed. Sign him up.
Kid comes off as very competitive in some of the 7v7 videos. He lined up at CB in some of those. I think you bring in him at WR, let him do his thing, he either is that dude there or he isn't. If he isn't, I see a competitive kid that would want to get on the field in some capacity a bunch. Fvck it, sell him on being Miami's Charles Woodson.

You guys are blowing the drop issues/hands out of proportion. Jalen is 6'1 with long arms and will be the fastest player on the football field almost every game. He hasn't focused solely on football ever (he plays basketball, track, etc.). Hands can be improved and drop issues are mental, both can be fixed easily with good coaching and repetition. I love Jalen as a prospect and hope he's a cane!
I think everyone on the thread wants him to be a cane. Some want him at another position than others that's all.

I already stated I dont really carry about his hs drops at wr

By any means necessary sign the kid. I love how all of a sudden a guy that is a 5 star at WR isn’t good enough for and we want him at CB. I agree that he would be an elite corner, yes I used that word, but let’s not get in over our heads here. We have to sign kids like any way you can and if he wants to be a WR, let’s not kid ourselves that somehow that isn’t still a monster win for us.
I don’t think it's like that fam, it's really a testament to how talented the kid is, how the '23 class is LOADED with blue-chip local WR's and that the cupboard isn't exactly bare with young talent in that room, and how disgustingly thin on talent and depth we are at CB.

What is clear is that Jalen Brown MUST be a Miami Hurricane. For the 483,295,017th time: He's has FIVE STAR tools on OFFENSE and DEFENSE. You definitely bring him in as a wideout, work on refining his hands(JUGS, concentration & hand/eye drills, etc.), and let Greentree decide. If it doesn't work out on O, corner's a logical option. And if his heart's in it, he could be an All-American and 1st rounder. So, whether on offense or defense, if JB hits his ceiling, he's a very likely All-American and 1st rounder. Sign him up...

Advertisement

This. And Leonard Hankerson and Andre Johnson are living proof of vastly improving their catching ability over time.

It's real simple, tell him he can play what he wants.

The field will sort the rest out. He gets here and can see time at the other position or wants to be a corner, but kills it at receiver, etc. The field sorts positions out for players, even if they have their mind set on something else.

Advertisement
Didn't sam Shields come in as one of the top and fastest wr in the country and ended up playing CB.
Bring Brown in and convince him to change positions later.

Didn't sam Shields come in as one of the top and fastest wr in the country and ended up playing CB.
Bring Brown in and convince him to change positions later.

He played his last year at corner. He wasn't doing much and had zero opportunity to get drafted. The the staffs credit at the time, it was a great move if they did the convincing.

Mario got this.

MC knows how to recruit. He has already shown he'll recruit a kid for the position they want, even if he has other plans in mind. Just look at Anez Cooper. MC has mentioned several times that he will get 'some time' at NT, even though the kid sees himself as a RG.

Stack chips and let Greentree decide.

Advertisement
Mario got this.

MC knows how to recruit. He has already shown he'll recruit a kid for the position they want, even if he has other plans in mind. Just look at Anez Cooper. MC has mentioned several times that he will get 'some time' at NT, even though the kid sees himself as a RG.

When did he say Cooper will get time at NT?

Mario got this.

I honestly don’t recall ever hearing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back