2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get him here. 5 star talent on offense and defense. Figure it out when he gets to Greentree. I personally hope he's open to playing CB due to the glut of stud WRs in '23. Also, this is the closest you'll ever hear me compare recruiting success to sexual excitement but the possibility of a McClain/ J.Brown/A.Williams CB class would give me wood...

Advertisement
I’m tryna tell y’all kid could be a elite cb the hendo comp fits Csz of athleticism but brown can be physical and doesn’t shy away from contact. I’ve seen to many balls hit his hands and bounce off for me to take him at wr. Stick him on kick return if u want the ball in his hand

Schwartz taught me to not really care about much else if you have elite speed at this level. Soooo many of the same "critiques" as the schwartz thread, needs more routes, needs more wiggle, etc. In the NFL? Sure. errybody fast. In College? IDC. he is fast as ****, throw him the ball, hand it to him and let him go. Or like others said try CB but you do not even question him if he wants in.

Schwartz taught me to not really care about much else if you have elite speed at this level. Soooo many of the same "critiques" as the schwartz thread, needs more routes, needs more wiggle, etc. In the NFL? Sure. errybody fast. In College? IDC. he is fast as ****, throw him the ball, hand it to him and let him go. Or like others said try CB but you do not even question him if he wants in.
This is kid is fast but not Schwartz fast

I really hope this isnt one of those kids that we get into a "position ego battle" with. ("Yeah I love the U but they see me as a CB and I want to play WR..soooo..yeah..we will see about them making my top 5".. Ugh!)

Tell the kid whatever he wants. **** tell him he can play CB and WR at the same time if he wants. Scouts honor! (fingers crossed behind back of course lol) But you cant let local athletes like this leave and think we are going to take that next step in hanging with the UGA, Bamas and OSUs of the world.

Advertisement
I’m tryna tell y’all kid could be a elite cb the hendo comp fits Csz of athleticism but brown can be physical and doesn’t shy away from contact. I’ve seen to many balls hit his hands and bounce off for me to take him at wr. Stick him on kick return if u want the ball in his hand
I agree at CB

But I think he can be elite on either side with that long speed and acceleration

He just glides out there

I agree at CB

But I think he can be elite on either side with that long speed and acceleration

He just glides out there
I saw him in some camp clip in 1 on 1s playing CB and if hes a legit 6'1 with those long arms AND he has track speed? Then he would be doing his familys opportunity to close the wealth gap in his family tree a huge disservice by being stubborn and wanting to play WR. That looked like a top 10 NFL pick at cornerback I saw in that one clip.

Yall love to try to tell these kids what is better for them to play. If he wants to play WR, offer and recruit him as a WR. If he gets on campus and it doesnt work out, then encourage him to try DB. But don't just be like, oh he a CB. Kids and their parents do not like that. Travis Rudolph was gonna come until Golden trying to tell him he a DB. He was decent at WR.

This is kid is fast but not Schwartz fast
I think he can legit be a 10.2/10.3 kid by the time he enrolls. Schwartz was running a 10.15 I think, so yes faster but Schwartz I think also holds the junior record. I think he would be the fastest guy on the field in 99% of our games. That was more my point. **** Schwartz I do not think ever had more than a 700 yd season, played only 3 years and went Rd3 in the draft.

Advertisement
Yall love to try to tell these kids what is better for them to play. If he wants to play WR, offer and recruit him as a WR. If he gets on campus and it doesnt work out, then encourage him to try DB. But don't just be like, oh he a CB. Kids and their parents do not like that. Travis Rudolph was gonna come until Golden trying to tell him he a DB. He was decent at WR.
I see your point but bad example. Travis was a follower. As soon as he saw Cook and Ermon Lane were onboard he was all FSU. Esp after they came off that national title. Funny how life turns out though. Cook is a millionaire and NFL star meanwhile Rudolph is probably looking at life in prison and Lane is working a regular 9-5 after Uncle Luke infamously said he was so great he could go to the NFL right out of HS when he was a senior at MNW or whatever school he went to. LOL.

Sorry to thread jack. Back to Jalen. Bring him here. I dont care how you do it..That is all.

I think he can legit be a 10.2/10.3 kid by the time he enrolls. Schwartz was running a 10.15 I think, so yes faster but Schwartz I think also holds the junior record. I think he would be the fastest guy on the field in 99% of our games. That was more my point. **** Schwartz I do not think ever had more than a 700 yd season, played only 3 years and went Rd3 in the draft.
Keep in mind Anthony today isn’t bigger than jalen today as a hs junior. I’m a track guy so if he were to dedicate to speed training I see all the mims we could iron out to get Jalen down to 10.2 by a senior track season if he were to have one. So he’s a inch or two taller and 20 pounds heavier than Anthony

Keep in mind Anthony today isn’t bigger than jalen today as a hs junior. I’m a track guy so if he were to dedicate to speed training I see all the mims we could iron out to get Jalen down to 10.2 by a senior track season if he were to have one. So he’s a inch or two taller and 20 pounds heavier than Anthony
Agreed. I was not so much comparing player-to-player, just that a lot of the same criticisms I am reading here I also read about Schwartz at this level. I think both have elite speed, so for playing ball in the ACC, that is simply a take all day with the combo of speed/height/weight alone. If he gets 700 yards receiving running nothing but go routes or bubble screens so be it.

Agreed. I was not so much comparing player-to-player, just that a lot of the same criticisms I am reading here I also read about Schwartz at this level. I think both have elite speed, so for playing ball in the ACC, that is simply a take all day with the combo of speed/height/weight alone. If he gets 700 yards receiving running nothing but go routes or bubble screens so be it.
I get the dropsies thing.. but if he’s gonna be wide open a lot let’s just work on his concentration and take the good with the bad. I also agree he could be a great cb

Advertisement
I saw him in some camp clip in 1 on 1s playing CB and if hes a legit 6'1 with those long arms AND he has track speed? Then he would be doing his familys opportunity to close the wealth gap in his family tree a huge disservice by being stubborn and wanting to play WR. That looked like a top 10 NFL pick at cornerback I saw in that one clip.
I get what you’re saying, but if he doesn’t wanna play CB, you can’t pigeon hole him into. If he doesn’t like the position, he won’t work as hard to become great at it.

I see your point but bad example. Travis was a follower. As soon as he saw Cook and Ermon Lane were onboard he was all FSU. Esp after they came off that national title. Funny how life turns out though. Cook is a millionaire and NFL star meanwhile Rudolph is probably looking at life in prison and Lane is working a regular 9-5 after Uncle Luke infamously said he was so great he could go to the NFL right out of HS when he was a senior at MNW or whatever school he went to. LOL.

Sorry to thread jack. Back to Jalen. Bring him here. I dont care how you do it..That is all.
I forgot about Rudolph being a criminal. Yeah strike that

Advertisement
Miami (Fla.) Gulliver Prep five-star wide receiver Jalen Brown has quickly learned that it's probably smart to commit to a school and not a coach. Brown, after all, has seen a number of assistants change logos over the past few weeks and that has him trying to take his time with the entire recruiting process. Still, while Brown might not want to rush into making a commitment, a series of coaching changes does have him wanting to check out some places as soon as possible.

"I'm going to try and take some visits in March, but it's going to be hard because I have a lot of track meets. So, when I start taking a lot of visits, it might be April or in the summer," Brown told 247Sports on Monday night when asked for the latest.

A school that Brown wants to see right away?

That would be Miami.
Brown has spent plenty of time in Coral Gables over the years, but is now being recruited by his third different wide receivers coach in less than three months as Josh Gattis is set to replace Bryan McClendon, who left for Georgia after initially taking over Rob Likens following Manny Diaz's exit. While that amount of coaching turnover sometimes can hurt a school during the recruiting process, it actually sounds like Gattis getting tabbed as Mario Cristobal's offensive coordinator could make the Hurricanes very hard to beat down the stretch.
"Me and Coach Gattis are cool," Brown said. "We talk a lot. He's a good coach. His offense, it varies. It goes by the strength of the players. So, if you have big linemen and a strong running back, they are going to run it. If he's got a good receiving corps with a good quarterback, then the ball will be in the air, which I like. He plays to his strength, and he's a winning coach."
Gattis actually spoke with Brown on Monday to discuss his decision to leave Michigan.

"He was just saying that he's coming to Miami to build up Miami. It was just like what Coach Cristobal said," Brown explained. "He's trying to keep the talent home and bring Miami back."
What's also interesting to note about Brown's relationship with Gattis is that Gattis was one of the first coaches to really make Brown feel like a priority.
"Both times we went up [to Ann Arbor], we met with him," Brown's father, James, said. "It was Xs and Os and just life in general. I think he's a really good guy. He's genuine. If I'm not mistaken, I think Jalen was like the first kid he recruited in that class. If not the first, then one of the first. Him reaching out so early was refreshing. It felt right."
While the Hurricanes might be in a good spot as anyone at the moment to eventually land Brown's signature, the younger Brown made it clear that he also wants to check out LSU at some point down the line as he knows Brian Kelly from the veteran coach's time at Notre Dame and is very familiar with new Tigers' assistant Cortez Hankton, who was previously recruiting him to Georgia.
"They recruited me when they were at their other schools. So, we already got a little connection," Brown said.
Texas is another school that Brown wants to tour this spring and that's in large part because of new Longhorns' assistant Brennan Marion, who put Brown through some drills at an FIU mega camp last summer while on staff at Pittsburgh.
As for a decision?
"I don't have a target date yet," Brown said. "I want to just see some more schools and then go from there."
Alabama, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan and FSU are a few other schools Brown highlighted when asked about potential visits.

Miami (Fla.) Gulliver Prep five-star wide receiver Jalen Brown has quickly learned that it's probably smart to commit to a school and not a coach. Brown, after all, has seen a number of assistants change logos over the past few weeks and that has him trying to take his time with the entire recruiting process. Still, while Brown might not want to rush into making a commitment, a series of coaching changes does have him wanting to check out some places as soon as possible.

"I'm going to try and take some visits in March, but it's going to be hard because I have a lot of track meets. So, when I start taking a lot of visits, it might be April or in the summer," Brown told 247Sports on Monday night when asked for the latest.

A school that Brown wants to see right away?

That would be Miami.
Brown has spent plenty of time in Coral Gables over the years, but is now being recruited by his third different wide receivers coach in less than three months as Josh Gattis is set to replace Bryan McClendon, who left for Georgia after initially taking over Rob Likens following Manny Diaz's exit. While that amount of coaching turnover sometimes can hurt a school during the recruiting process, it actually sounds like Gattis getting tabbed as Mario Cristobal's offensive coordinator could make the Hurricanes very hard to beat down the stretch.
"Me and Coach Gattis are cool," Brown said. "We talk a lot. He's a good coach. His offense, it varies. It goes by the strength of the players. So, if you have big linemen and a strong running back, they are going to run it. If he's got a good receiving corps with a good quarterback, then the ball will be in the air, which I like. He plays to his strength, and he's a winning coach."
Gattis actually spoke with Brown on Monday to discuss his decision to leave Michigan.

"He was just saying that he's coming to Miami to build up Miami. It was just like what Coach Cristobal said," Brown explained. "He's trying to keep the talent home and bring Miami back."
What's also interesting to note about Brown's relationship with Gattis is that Gattis was one of the first coaches to really make Brown feel like a priority.
"Both times we went up [to Ann Arbor], we met with him," Brown's father, James, said. "It was Xs and Os and just life in general. I think he's a really good guy. He's genuine. If I'm not mistaken, I think Jalen was like the first kid he recruited in that class. If not the first, then one of the first. Him reaching out so early was refreshing. It felt right."
While the Hurricanes might be in a good spot as anyone at the moment to eventually land Brown's signature, the younger Brown made it clear that he also wants to check out LSU at some point down the line as he knows Brian Kelly from the veteran coach's time at Notre Dame and is very familiar with new Tigers' assistant Cortez Hankton, who was previously recruiting him to Georgia.
"They recruited me when they were at their other schools. So, we already got a little connection," Brown said.
Texas is another school that Brown wants to tour this spring and that's in large part because of new Longhorns' assistant Brennan Marion, who put Brown through some drills at an FIU mega camp last summer while on staff at Pittsburgh.
As for a decision?
"I don't have a target date yet," Brown said. "I want to just see some more schools and then go from there."
Alabama, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan and FSU are a few other schools Brown highlighted when asked about potential visits.
Didn't say anything about being home.

CANE LOCK.

Keep Brown at wr bring his teammate CB Daniel Harris as a package deal... state finalist as a soph ran 10.74 3rd in the rf a step behind Brown 10.66 1st....kid has speed and length something you can't teach...could turn out to be a good very db imo...

Last edited:
Just get him here. 5 star talent on offense and defense. Figure it out when he gets to Greentree. I personally hope he's open to playing CB due to the glut of stud WRs in '23. Also, this is the closest you'll ever hear me compare recruiting success to sexual excitement but the possibility of a McClain/ J.Brown/A.Williams CB class would give me wood...
I'm not gonna like your post because of the last line. So, I'll comment to 100% agree with the bolded part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back