2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He is fast with good hands.

I’d like to see a little more shiftiness with the ball in his hands, and a bigger route tree, before I give him my 5th star.
Good size, 10.66 track speed, what appears to be good hands and 1000yds and 12 TDs his junior year in SFLA is the makings of a 5 star or at least a high 4. We will see though.

Advertisement
He ran 10.66 this last spring. He is a blazer for sure
I put blazer at first then edited.... reason is we've seen kids like Pope run 10.53 never play to that speed in college...the only difference is Brown looks a step faster on tape which could mean alot at the next level....he also ran 10.66 as a soph Pope 10.53 as senior...I'm hoping Brown is able maintain or possibly gain a little more speed....once he adds some college bulk to his frame....

I put blazer at first then edited.... reason is we've seen kids like Pope run 10.53 never play to that speed in college...the only difference is Brown looks a step faster on tape which could mean alot at the next level....he also ran 10.66 as a soph Pope 10.53 as senior...I'm hoping Brown is able maintain or possibly gain a little more speed....once he adds some college bulk to his frame....
Kid is also bigger than Pope the college senior as a Junior. I’m also not saying the kid is some transcendent talent but he look like a top tier prospect that is local and at a position we plan on taking 4 or so. Must get.

Advertisement
Any chance he flips to the defensive side of the ball as a CB?

He does look bigger than 170 lbs on his 247 profile ...how much would say he weighs right now?
No idea on exact number. What I do know though, and that is based on following this **** since 03 that he looks every bit of 6’1 and not overly skinny. The measureables look to be there and it shows on the highlight reel. Also, the 7 on 7 videos showed a supreme athlete with long *** arms. Kid is a talent and a must get.

Advertisement
I would like to see him do different things like more routes, return game and maybe even running the ball on reverses or screen type plays but he’s super fast and he looks like he’s tough..I see someone says he does drop the ball at times which is always a concern but you have to take this kid…I would take 5 wrs if they want in

Advertisement
No idea on exact number. What I do know though, and that is based on following this **** since 03 that he looks every bit of 6’1 and not overly skinny. The measureables look to be there and it shows on the highlight reel. Also, the 7 on 7 videos showed a supreme athlete with long *** arms. Kid is a talent and a must get.
I totally agree Brown is a must get ..... but If you've been around then you should know highlight tapes can be very tricky, especially if you don't know who's on the other side of the field....recruiters usually get whole game film... and/or go watch them live to see how good kids really are in person...sometimes highlights be against weak comp or 3rd sting mop up duty....I'm not doubting him at all its just very hard to tell based on 7 vs 7s and highlight tapes alone on just about any recruit....I'm definitely on board with landing Brown as a top priority.... but I'll wait till he goes against "college comp" to determine if he's a "supreme" athlete or not....

I totally agree Brown is a must get ..... but If you've been around then you should know highlight tapes can be very tricky, especially if you don't know who's on the other side of the field....recruiters usually get whole game film... and/or go watch them live to see how good kids really are in person...sometimes highlights be against weak comp or 3rd sting mop up duty....I'm not doubting him at all its just very hard to tell based on 7 vs 7s and highlight tapes alone on just about any recruit....I'm definitely on board with landing Brown as a top priority.... but I'll wait till he goes against "college comp" to determine if he's a "supreme" athlete or not....
Well… until he goes to college all we got is his HS tape in SFLA. All the **** you said about highlight tapes is true but there is a reason he is a 5 star, and schools like Michigan and Miami want him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back