2023 Miami offers 2023 WR Jalen Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 stars cost a lot less from an NIL perspective than a 5 star. From now on I am all for our guys being down graded to 4 stars. I high ranking 4 star has to be the best deal in college football. You get the production of a 5 star without the price tag.

Advertisement
4 stars cost a lot less from an NIL perspective than a 5 star. From now on I am all for our guys being down graded to 4 stars. I high ranking 4 start has to be the best deal in college football. You get the production of a 5 star without the price tag.
The star whores disagree!
will smith no GIF

Under Mario are we still gonna say Florida 3 stars are 5 stars everywhere else?

4 stars cost a lot less from an NIL perspective than a 5 star. From now on I am all for our guys being down graded to 4 stars. I high ranking 4 start has to be the best deal in college football. You get the production of a 5 star without the price tag.
I’d imagine a high ranked 4 star will get a better deal than a low ranked. I recall someone on here saying they knew a top 100 tamu 4 star got 600k or so over 4 years

Advertisement
I’d imagine a high ranked 4 star will get a better deal than a low ranked. I recall someone on here saying they knew a top 100 tamu 4 star got 600k or so over 4 years
Definitely there will be a pecking order. But the best NIL bargains will be for guys like TVD who performed in college so the body of work exists to evaluate their value as opposed to just high school.
Right now NIL is like a pro draft without a salary cap for rookies. The biggest money is going towards potential as opposed to production. I believe that will be the greatest inefficiency in the system and will ultimately be the catalyst for reigning in NIL money for recruits. All that needs to happen is for a few high profile recruits with million dollar NIL deals to flame out and all of a sudden you will hear schools clamoring for NIL reform. Same as happened in the NBA and NFL. A few rookies on exorbitant contracts did not pan out and the owners wanted a rookie salary cap to protect the owners and front offices from their own bad decisions.

Advertisement
JMO. Unless the players are high school or 7on7 teammates, commit to uncommitted recruit recruiting is overrated. Love when a situation flips in our favor like J Will/Mims (fingers crossed), but the more likely scenario is J.Brown/J.Gibson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Commit watch?
Geo says there's a local high profile offensive player that everyone asks about who could commit at any point. Thinking Jalen is the only recruit that fits into that category now that the Washingtons are on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back