2023 Miami offers 2023 five-star QB Dante Moore (Detroit, MI)

nothing against either kids, but I dont trust either coach to make a competent QB eval. Mario didnt exactly do well at Oregon there and gattis LOL

Rashada is the better prospect, I don’t think there’s any argument there, but he’s immature as **** and his father is a supreme douche. I thought it was a yuge mistake offering him $9.5mm. I’m very happy he bounced and content with Emory. You spend the lion’s share of your NIL in the portal on proven players and on elite high school linemen, not on an unproven high school quarterback.

Advertisement
Rashada is the better prospect, I don’t think there’s any argument there, but he’s immature as **** and his father is a supreme douche. I thought it was a yuge mistake offering him $9.5mm. I’m very happy he bounced and content with Emory. You spend the lion’s share of your NIL in the portal on proven players and on elite high school linemen, not on an unproven high school quarterback.
I had seen similar things on the gator board before he flipped, from a west coat poster there, saying the same things.

$9.5mil?!?! 😮... Wow...

Advertisement
I feel you but 4 out of the top 6 guys are already locked in 2024.
I thought our QB was going to be Belfort’s kid from Gulliver. Are we not going in that direction?

NVM…just saw we are not in his top 7. Weird considering Victor is about as big of a Canes fan as you get.

Advertisement
Yep, could probably get any of these guys for a fraction of that:

image-2022-12-09-141255874.png

Advertisement
This right here. If the plan is to trust the recommendation of the QB coach that you're about to fire for this class, while going big time next class, then yeah. By all means. But as you point out, the number of top QBs available is dwindling.

If the plan is to sign game manager types every class (which a lot people defending Emory are calling him), what's that say about the future offense? Game manager doesn't exactly scream "explosiveness."

Let’s not forget @dycane’s comments about NIL regarding Oregon and UT.

If Dante bounces, oh buddy…our enemies up north better unload every penny they have to keep Rashada. And considering they now have Lagway in the boat…the spins are already writing themselves.

Advertisement
Let’s not forget @dycane’s comments about NIL regarding Oregon and UT.

If Dante bounces, oh buddy…our enemies up north better unload every penny they have to keep Rashada. And considering they now have Lagway in the boat…the spins are already writing themselves.
Well… if you have watching his comments you would know that Oregon and their collective are conservative in playing in the grey area one of which is paying money up front.

Well… if you have watching his comments you would know that Oregon and their collective are conservative in playing in the grey area one of which is paying money up front.
Yup for sure, but a 5-star QB jumping ship late could alter their mindset. Got to play the game everyone else plays to stay relevant.

No doubt. But it’s a loooong ways to signing day for them. Coaches will move which could affect those pledges. Plus NIL has completely changed the situation.

Ace up the sleeve would be to go all in on a portal stud as a backup plan

Either way I’ll need to see it with my own eyes. This staff doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt with me regarding this position.

That is the number UF kept floating out there which means UF probably paying him around $10M because while UF fans would like everyone to think Rashada turned down Miami money to come play for free for the Gators he did not and it also likely wasn't for less.

First time around, he actually turned down $1.5mm more from UF. UF gave him the same deal second time around and went around his reps to get the deal done when those reps were trying to save things for Miami.

Advertisement
Back