2023 Miami offers 2023 five-star QB Dante Moore (Detroit, MI)

Likely a multi-year low-risk project with a lot of upside, and there's nothing suggesting the staff thinks otherwise based on their continued efforts to land another QB in the class.

No need to be "concerned".
QB is the most important position on a team feel free not to be concerned if you like.

Advertisement
Fwiw, Emory was graded higher by Mario and staff. Rashada was Gattis’s pick.

Next year I can see us going balls deep on a top 5 QB recruit. Like a Klubnick type that could come in and compete right away with Garcia and Emory for the job.
Rashada was recruited by Mario at Oregon. I don't think he was a Gattis pick.

I would describe it as Moore has a higher floor and Rashada has a higher ceiling.
Atleast for how I view college QBs I want the high floor guy. I want a guy that I can give the keys and not have to worry. But for NFL give me the super high traits.

Atleast for how I view college QBs I want the high floor guy. I want a guy that I can give the keys and not have to worry. But for NFL give me the super high traits.
Tbh I don’t really get how Rashada is seen as higher ceiling. Moore won Elite 11 iirc and looks legit af from his high school stats. How are you able to tell ceiling besides watching a few YouTube clips?

Tbh I don’t really get how Rashada is seen as higher ceiling. Moore won Elite 11 iirc and looks legit af from his high school stats. How are you able to tell ceiling besides watching a few YouTube clips?

It's just a camp, but Emory did better than Rashada as well.

I'd be happy with any of the three, but I'll gladly take two of them or a portal and one.

I don't see a return to glory with Brown. Garcia could be the future. TVD is good to go with the right offense.

Guess we'll see how all the dominoes fall.

Advertisement
Rashada was recruited by Mario at Oregon. I don't think he was a Gattis pick.
Nah brother. That’s not what I’m saying. Mario recruits everyone. There is a difference between being recruited and dropping that big NIL deal. Mario does like Rashada I’m sure and would like to sign both in a perfect world. But with NIL you gotta choose your battles.

I’m just telling you that other folks in the war room have Emory graded out higher than Rashada. That’s not to say they don’t/didn’t like both. Gattis is the one that graded out Rashada a little higher so they went with a big stick to get him so the OC could have his guy.

Hopefully that makes sense. Please don’t have me explain it more. I have a limited vocabulary. None of it means anything anyway…I guess just to tell you Mario and company are very high on Emory. That’s all.

Can’t say if they will try for a second now that they lost Rashada. Maybe depends on the new OC?

Nah brother. That’s not what I’m saying. Mario recruits everyone. There is a difference between being recruited and dropping that big NIL deal. Mario does like Rashada I’m sure and would like to sign both in a perfect world. But with NIL you gotta choose your battles.

I’m just telling you that other folks in the war room have Emory graded out higher than Rashada. That’s not to say they don’t/didn’t like both. Gattis is the one that graded out Rashada a little higher so they went with a big stick to get him so the OC could have his guy.

Hopefully that makes sense. Please don’t have me explain it more. I have a limited vocabulary. None of it means anything anyway…I guess just to tell you Mario and company are very high on Emory. That’s all.

Can’t say if they will try for a second now that they lost Rashada. Maybe depends on the new OC?
Makes sense but doesn't change my perspective. Ponce is the one that found Emory I'm fully aware the HC has to sign off on that. Mario and company have no bearing on my assessment. Saban, Dabo, Day all bring in duds yearly. I think people are putting too much stock into Zo. Everyone has bad evals I'm just extra wary of a Ponce eval having seen Emory in person.

Makes sense but doesn't change my perspective. Ponce is the one that found Emory I'm fully aware the HC has to sign off on that. Mario and company have no bearing on my assessment. Saban, Dabo, Day all bring in duds yearly. I think people are putting too much stock into Zo. Everyone has bad evals I'm just extra wary of a Ponce eval having seen Emory in person.
Oh I’m with you. Whether or not Emory is a good eval is a completely different argument. I haven’t even watched Emory’s film so I have no opinion. Everyone has bad evals. But Having Zo riding with us has to carry some weight. The guy did it at the highest level and at the very least better than what we’ve had forever with a very limited crew doing this stuff. I could care less about Ponces opinion. He gotta go.

Just a tidbit I heard offline from someone I have no reason to not believe. At the very least if it’s true, then Emory is not to be seen as a consolation prize, but as “our guy” for this class. Whether or not they eval’d it right in having him graded higher than Rashada or just flat out good in general, who the **** knows. Only time will tell

It will be somewhat telling if they don’t go after another QB this cycle. The wild card here is does the new OC have a home run recruit that he can/wants to bring over.

If we just take Emory this cycle, I think we go really big next cycle by shooting for a Big big time recruit.

Oh I’m with you. Whether or not Emory is a good eval is a completely different argument. I haven’t even watched Emory’s film so I have no opinion. Everyone has bad evals. But Having Zo riding with us has to carry some weight. The guy did it at the highest level and at the very least better than what we’ve had forever with a very limited crew doing this stuff. I could care less about Ponces opinion. He gotta go.

Just a tidbit I heard offline from someone I have no reason to not believe. At the very least if it’s true, then Emory is not to be seen as a consolation prize, but as “our guy” for this class. Whether or not they eval’d it right in having him graded higher than Rashada or just flat out good in general, who the **** knows. Only time will tell

It will be somewhat telling if they don’t go after another QB this cycle. The wild card here is does the new OC have a home run recruit that he can/wants to bring over.

If we just take Emory this cycle, I think we go really big next cycle by shooting for a Big big time recruit.
I hope Emory wins the Heisman and gets drafted 1st overall. We will all see and I'm rooting for him to prove me wrong. If Mario ***** the bed another season idk if we have the luxury of big money. After all these years I'm sure our money guys are looking for results to justify the cash influx.

Advertisement
I hope Emory wins the Heisman and gets drafted 1st overall. We will all see and I'm rooting for him to prove me wrong. If Mario ***** the bed another season idk if we have the luxury of big money. After all these years I'm sure our money guys are looking for results to justify the cash influx.
I’m with you. Emory is not a big time recruit in terms of his offer list and recruiting ranking for what that is worth. Has good size though and having a good senior season I believe. Not a walk in the door player though like a Nico or Klubnick type.

I just want results at this point.

I just asked Witfong about Moore and ****ey leaving Oregon he doesn't think so but Ivins and other guy said watch out for MSU flipping Moore down the stretch ....nothing on Miami flipping them....Wifdong still likes Miami to land Samson.... FSU could flip Baxter nothing new
View attachment 217537View attachment 217538
Lol at FSU flipping Baxter....and Samson is UM bound...

I'll admit it... this is me.
Maybe it's because he didn't / doesn't have the same national name recognition as a Rashada or a Moore. (Maybe I'm still kinda ****ed Rashada flipped and is going to Florida.)

I'm hope I'm wrong, I hope he turns out to be a legit contender to start someday. I hope he elevates the QB room and shines for Miami.
I'm in the same boat but the fact that he outperformed Rashada at the same camp is pretty significant. The same evaluators watched both kids go through the exact same drills at the exact same camp and they all came away thinking Emory Williams performed better.

Maybe it was just an off camp for Rashada 🤷... And QB evals have gotten better and better so finding a diamond in the rough is been getting less and less likely.

But let Emory get coached by the right guy and sit for 2 years and you never know what kind of player he can be in 2025 or 2026 with a much upgraded roster and a great OL to block for him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1669984770359.png

Advertisement
Imagine being a RB recruit right now and seeing the OL Mario is putting together and saying "Nah I'm good".

Man kids these days are all sorts of dumb...
If you're talking about Baxter thinking about FSU...then sure I kinda get what you're saying...although their rushing attack is legit.

But if you're talking about Texas....they signed an insane OL class last year (Kelvin Banks is an absolute animal as a True Freshmen), Bijan Robinson rushed for 1,600 yards / 18 TDs this year and (probably) be the #1 RB taken in the draft, and Texas has a pretty wide open RB room next year.

Let's at least try to be somewhat sensible when it comes to trying to figure out what motivates these kids.

If it drags out longer I’ll get nervous. I know Georgia fans have been hollering about offering him for a minute. They’ve sniffed around.
Oh I get what ur saying rather him pop then drag it out but I’m saying as long it happens who cares how long it takes haha. U r right tho

Advertisement
Back