2023 Miami offers 2023 five-star QB Dante Moore (Detroit, MI)

we suck again GIF

Advertisement
I'm not arguing I'm stating a fact that our QBs looked terrible under Ponce and he's the COACH leading the Emory charge. That to me is a sign of concern. Idc about the CIS experts telling me that Emory is the best QB in the country because he's committed to Miami. Idk about the all accounts but I saw him in person and he is 3 years away from contributing at best.

You're arguing someting else. I don't recall care b/c Ponce will leave anyhow (probably). If he stays, the new OC will have the final say on QBs and if he likes Emory, fine. If he doesn't, he'll go out looking for another. I don't have a strong feeling about Emory one way or another, only basing my thoughts about what others closer to the situation say.

Ideally we can bring in a stud to pair up with Emory

You're arguing someting else. I don't recall care b/c Ponce will leave anyhow (probably). If he stays, the new OC will have the final say on QBs and if he likes Emory, fine. If he doesn't, he'll go out looking for another. I don't have a strong feeling about Emory one way or another, only basing my thoughts about what others closer to the situation say.

Ideally we can bring in a stud to pair up with Emory
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Advertisement
Regardless of any smoke with Dante, we got a good one in Emory.

I think a lot of fans are sleeping on him.
I'll admit it... this is me.
Maybe it's because he didn't / doesn't have the same national name recognition as a Rashada or a Moore. (Maybe I'm still kinda ****ed Rashada flipped and is going to Florida.)

I'm hope I'm wrong, I hope he turns out to be a legit contender to start someday. I hope he elevates the QB room and shines for Miami.

I'll admit it... this is me.
Maybe it's because he didn't / doesn't have the same national name recognition as a Rashada or a Moore. (Maybe I'm still kinda ****ed Rashada flipped and is going to Florida.)

I'm hope I'm wrong, I hope he turns out to be a legit contender to start someday. I hope he elevates the QB room and shines for Miami.
I always ask myself this question, if he was committed to FSU or UF, how would I view the kid? The second he picked the Canes, we viewed him differently. Maybe he ends up being a good player, but I’ve seen this movie before.

We over rate our players. Many liked Dewey over Jameis on our sites. Here is a question, who has actually pursued him outside of us? Rashada only recently flipped, nobody really went after him. Then you add to the fact that he was a Ponce find…. We need him to be good but I believe this is just wishful fan thinking. It’s similar to many trying to convince themselves that Stokes was something he wasn’t on the UF side.

I'm not arguing I'm stating a fact that our QBs looked terrible under Ponce and he's the COACH leading the Emory charge. That to me is a sign of concern. Idc about the CIS experts telling me that Emory is the best QB in the country because he's committed to Miami. Idk about the all accounts but I saw him in person and he is 3 years away from contributing at best.

Exactly. IIRC, Emory was given the green light after throwing against air in front of Ponce and co. At the time — as is often the case when we land an unheralded 3* — some talked about how underrated he was and that he was going to blow up with offers.

That didn’t happen. And now Emory’s the only QB in the class after we all watched this same disastrous offensive staff that loves him turn our once-promising QB room into a colossal dumpster fire. We’re all going to celebrate when Gattis and Ponce are shown the door, but we’re simultaneously going to trust that their diamond in the rough eval of Emory is spot on?

If he signs here, hopefully he kicks ***. But the same offensive coaches that are about to be s***canned after 1 embarrassingly inept season are seemingly on an island with this one given the apparent lack of interest from other big boy programs. That sure as **** doesn’t inspire confidence that they’re right and everyone else is wrong.

Advertisement
Hellllllllll NO!!! Guys need to stop thinking "talent" alone is the end all. These players cant coach themselves. And when they go again talent thats well coached, they will get stomped everytime. Mario needs to hire a real OC or wel keep replacing "5 star busts" every year.
Texas A&M dealing with the same problem only difference their offensive problem is a head coach they can’t get rid of

Fan driven fantasy or will there be something to this? Well, see I suppose.

On the slim chance we do get this kid, there better not be a bunch of you hyping him up as better than Rashada. There were only a few of us that wanted him more, the rest were on the Rashada train.

One thing that jumps out - very quick release.

i reviewed the kid a while back.

nice prospect, and he has skills, but he's the beneficiary of a lot of HS hype that doesn't necessarily help you at the next level. .... (Jake Garcia and Tate Martell and Malik Henry endorse this message).

Could he be a really good college QB? Sure, but there's are reasons mario and alonzo: (a) didn't care a lick that rashada bounced, and (b) haven't gone "all-in" on another highly touted HS QB like Moore since they have Williams locked up.

and those reasons are:
  1. they're **** pleased with EW as their HS recruit,​
  2. per point 1 above, they pretty much "enabled" rashada bolting, and knew it was going to happen almost 2 months ago​
  3. if there's a second QB this cycle, which is very likely, it's a veteran/portal guy that can be a ready-made backup to TVD, provide competition in the QB room, and possibly be more than a "one and done" guy​

If most of us agree that it is impossible to rate our QB’s after this season under Gattis, is it not also fair to question whether it is appropriate to draw a conclusion about the QB coach?
Did you see regression in mechanics? Because that is about all a QB coach is supposed to watch for.
I saw a regression in results but IMO, that is attributable to Gattis and his scheming. Ponce may have been as helpless as our QB’s.

Advertisement
With Gattis being overruled by someone else repeatedly.

And imagine what points Michigan could score if they focused on a scheme that focuses on creating space instead of condensing it.

One of the "downfalls" of Michigan football has never been their acquired talent. It's what they have done with it.

Yea Michigan has somehow managed just fine without Gattis and his trophy…

I would go with our the QBs looked terrible under Gattass first. I dont know if Ponce really brings anything to the table so not defending him. Hopefully we get a new OC that is also the QB coach so frees up another coaching spot. Prefer to have a QB that can make throws, accurate, reads defenses, etc. that has some mobility compared to a RB playing QB. Not every player comes in and can contribute their freshman/sophomore year

Advertisement

just to clarify:

alonzo was/is the one that championed Williams and signed off with mario on the offer

did ponce "find" EW? i guess so, but that doesn't mean d*ck.

If most of us agree that it is impossible to rate our QB’s after this season under Gattis, is it not also fair to question whether it is appropriate to draw a conclusion about the QB coach?
Did you see regression in mechanics? Because that is about all a QB coach is supposed to watch for.
I saw a regression in results but IMO, that is attributable to Gattis and his scheming. Ponce may have been as helpless as our QB’s.
Mechanics, Decision making, slide protection all looked terrible. If it were 1 or 2 maybe it could be chalked up to dumb luck. We had all 3 QBs come in and look eerily unprepared and erratic. I was never on the TVD is a first Rounder train but the play-calling wasn't his only detriment when he was on the field. It's easy to blame Gattis for everything but IMHO that's lazy he had help ****** this up.

just to clarify:

alonzo was/is the one that championed Williams and signed off with mario on the offer

did ponce "find" EW? i guess so, but that doesn't mean d*ck.
Mario is the HC so everything falls at his feet that has 0 bearing on my point. Emory is a Ponce find. Ponce has been dog****. I'm not of the belief that Alonzo and Mario can't fucc up.

We need to go get that Tulsa QB that hit the portal yesterday…but again no QB worth a sHT coming here with Gattis still in place.Not sure I’d want one that did cause it’d show me he wasn’t very smart.

Advertisement
Back