2023 Miami offers 2023 five-star QB Dante Moore (Detroit, MI)

This could get interesting.

1654643954235.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Things have changed. ND looks like it will lock down CJ Carr on Thursday, and Carr may re-classify to 2023. ND is apparently moving on without DM.

If so, my guy thinks this is an LSU/Miami battle, with A&M lurking. I'm always wary of the Aggies because they're handling NIL better than anyone right now, but if it's an LSU/Miami battle, I like the Canes due in large party because the Tigers got five-star Walker Howard last cycle and playing time is important to Moore.

Lots of moving pieces on this one. Kid is clearly attempting to maximize his value, and may wait to be the last QB off the board in order to see if a team gets desperate. Hope the staff keeps on him.
I am hearing the opposite from a buddy connected to ND.

That Carr doesn’t want to reclassify and that ND doesn’t allow or take reclassifications.

I guess we will see.

ND 247 mod:

It's Notre Dame's decision here.

All we can do is report what we're hearing.

I believe that if Notre Dame lands CJ Carr, they will no longer recruit Dante Moore (barring a change of heart).

Two high-profile Michigan quarterbacks that despite what people have said and the fact that we were told they may or may not care, I didn't expect them to end up at the same school. They have no beef or anything, but it just doesn't seem like that is their preference for whatever reason. Again, it is what it is. I know it's disappointing but all we can do is share what we're hearing.

Moore was a silent commit to ND, but we all know what being a silent commit means…….

Advertisement
ND boards are not happy with the news on Carr and Moore. There is alot being said about Moore and his "camp" with regard to him "going public" with his intentions. Seems he has privately assured the ND staff multiple times he was going to come but no matter how much they have pressured him to go public and help recruit for the class, it hasn't happened. Their 247 writers are saying ND staff likes Carr just as much if not more than Moore and may have just decided to take Carr' s commitment and move on. There has always been an understanding that those two QBs WON'T end up at the same school - seems like some kind of backstory on that.

There is also talk that Vizzina was highly interested in ND but because Moore indicated he was going to commit, Freeman and Tommy Rees postponed Vizzina's visit . Moore never followed through and Vizzina took the visit to Clemson and ultimately committed to them.

Sounds like Moore's Dad has been an issue...

ND boards are not happy with the news on Carr and Moore. There is alot being said about Moore and his "camp" with regard to him "going public" with his intentions. Seems he has privately assured the ND staff multiple times he was going to come but no matter how much they have pressured him to go public and help recruit for the class, it hasn't happened. Their 247 writers are saying ND staff likes Carr just as much if not more than Moore and may have just decided to take Carr' s commitment and move on. There has always been an understanding that those two QBs WON'T end up at the same school - seems like some kind of backstory on that.

There is also talk that Vizzina was highly interested in ND but because Moore indicated he was going to commit, Freeman and Tommy Rees postponed Vizzina's visit . Moore never followed through and Vizzina took the visit to Clemson and ultimately committed to them.

If I didn’t know better, sounds like Moore’s dad likes us

For everyone that‘s not at UM.

Advertisement

Thought vizzina was solid to Clemson? I know ND really liked him but he’s solid to Clemson. As for Carr, is he reclassifying to 2023?

Thought vizzina was solid to Clemson? I know ND really liked him but he’s solid to Clemson. As for Carr, is he reclassifying to 2023?
Yes. They are referring to earlier in the cycle - before Vizzina took that visit to Clemson and then committed shortly after.

Advertisement
I am hearing the opposite from a buddy connected to ND.

That Carr doesn’t want to reclassify and that ND doesn’t allow or take reclassifications.

I guess we will see.

Not being critical of you in any way, but push your buddy to explain the whole "ND doesn't allow or take reclassifications" nonsense. Is this a university policy that a priest dictated? Or was it something that Kelly did, but which is not binding on the current coaching staff?

Because I find it highly unlikely that Carr is considering this without having any knowledge of whether ND would allow it.

That's all. No criticism, just skepticism.

Not being critical of you in any way, but push your buddy to explain the whole "ND doesn't allow or take reclassifications" nonsense. Is this a university policy that a priest dictated? Or was it something that Kelly did, but which is not binding on the current coaching staff?

Because I find it highly unlikely that Carr is considering this without having any knowledge of whether ND would allow it.

That's all. No criticism, just skepticism.
I will push my buddy and get back to you with a response.

Could just like Dabo doesn’t like recruits taking visits after they commit type of policy.

Advertisement
Back