2023 Miami offers 2023 five-star QB Dante Moore (Detroit, MI)

Because except for 4 weeks in 2017, all Miami has been to them is a completely dysfunctional program that doesn’t invest in football. When Texas, A&M, and USC sucked, at least they were supported and had top notch facilities.

If I was a kid in Michigan, I’d have to see it to believe it with Miami too.

Eh, perhaps but USC and Texas has had its own form of dysfunction over the years.

Advertisement
Eh, perhaps but USC and Texas has had its own form of dysfunction over the years.
Again, but when a kid showed up to their campus they would see the best facilities. When they would come to Miami they wouldn’t see that. Not only did we suck, it looked like we didn’t care. Texas and USC sucked more so Texas, but it at least looked like they were doing everything they could to get better.

Perhaps California and Texas kids are more loyal to the programs in their backyard. USC been just as bad as us, and so has Texas.

Yeah but no other team in cali or texas won a ship or even made it to a playoff since 2005 either (TCU got snubbed of the playoffs). So loyalty to USC & UT is understandable!

The gayduds and fulla **** semenholes both won ships and competed in the playoffs since then we've done neither. Not to mention how big their states are compared to ours for cherry picking.

They are in the same boat as us, new HC and a wait and see. Kid wants to see how both teams look this fall. Freeman is a way bigger question mark than MC turning Miami around.
Nah they're not in the same boat as us. They have a 1st year HC...it's MF first time at the helm, and at a powerhouse program.

Mario on the other hand is a proven HC with 2 pac12 titles and a Rose Bowl win under his belt.

MF is just as much as a question mark as CMD was when he took over FOR UM

Advertisement
Nah they're not in the same boat as us. They have a 1st year HC...it's MF first time at the helm, and at a powerhouse program.

Mario on the other hand is a proven HC with 2 pac12 titles and a Rose Bowl win under his belt.

MF is just as much as a question mark as CMD was when he took over FOR UM
I swear to fvckin god, this board and reading comprehension….

We’ve been a mediocre program for 20 years. You think 5 star QB’s are just gonna come because we have an invested program now? Miami has to show on the field what an elite program looks like on top of facilities, coaches, etc.

I don't disagree that we've been mediocre for some time, but Nico picking Tennessee completely throws out your argument. Tennessee has been terrible.

My bad mane, I must've misunderstood.
When I said they were in the same boat I was referring to programs, Miami and them. I then clarified that Freeman had way more to prove than MC at Miami. The part I though was obvious to everyone was that while Freeman is a way bigger question mark, he was taking over a program that had a good amount of success in the last decade, success that Freeman was apart of.

Both Miami and ND are in a wait and see situation. Both have new head coaches, one who is proven is being tasked with resurrecting a once great program, the other a new HC is tasked with maintaining or elevating a top 10 program.

Advertisement
We seem to be the only school where big recruits repeat the “well, I have to see them win and see where the direction of the program is going.” Why does that only seem to happen with us and why am I not hearing the same kind of thing for perennial 4-5 loss teams like ATM or USC or Texas, etc?

I don't disagree that we've been mediocre for some time, but Nico picking Tennessee completely throws out your argument. Tennessee has been terrible.

I keep saying it over and over. Because we don’t have the same advantages as a big state school or USC /Notre dame type that was completely dedicated to winning.

USC doesn’t have anything close to Florida and Florida State to compete for their in state recruits and the SEC is half a continent away. Riley is the most respected offensive mind around. Combine all that with being a stud in LA and you have a recruiting juggernaut.

All of the big spending football schools in obsessed college towns are attractive to recruits. The problem is the are not enough good coaches to go around so the power balance shifts with the coaching carousel.

Miami doesn’t play in a football crazed town that packs the house regardless of record. THAT is a MUCH bigger disadvantage than Canes fans like to admit.

FOR US, winning and NFL development were the draw for big time recruits to balance us against the other schools. We have done NEITHER for a long time.

I GUARANTEE that if we created a blue blood school gameday atmospehere and the local area was as dedicated and we had the facilities, we would have a much easier time selling blue chip recruits.

Win games. Get guys drafted high. That will tip the scales in our favor to overcome our natural dis advantages.

Things have changed. ND looks like it will lock down CJ Carr on Thursday, and Carr may re-classify to 2023. ND is apparently moving on without DM.

If so, my guy thinks this is an LSU/Miami battle, with A&M lurking. I'm always wary of the Aggies because they're handling NIL better than anyone right now, but if it's an LSU/Miami battle, I like the Canes due in large party because the Tigers got five-star Walker Howard last cycle and playing time is important to Moore.

Lots of moving pieces on this one. Kid is clearly attempting to maximize his value, and may wait to be the last QB off the board in order to see if a team gets desperate. Hope the staff keeps on him.

Things have changed. ND looks like it will lock down CJ Carr on Thursday, and Carr may re-classify to 2023. ND is apparently moving on without DM.

If so, my guy thinks this is an LSU/Miami battle, with A&M lurking. I'm always wary of the Aggies because they're handling NIL better than anyone right now, but if it's an LSU/Miami battle, I like the Canes due in large party because the Tigers got five-star Walker Howard last cycle and playing time is important to Moore.

Lots of moving pieces on this one. Kid is clearly attempting to maximize his value, and may wait to be the last QB off the board in order to see if a team gets desperate. Hope the staff keeps on him.
If it comes down to LSU/Miami I like our chances due to the sole fact that no amount of NIL money is worth getting grinded on by Brian Kelly.

Advertisement
I really like Moore. He never struck me as the going highest bidder kinda recruit. But that was before he became the last 5* QB on the market not named Manning. Its a lot easier to believe you're not going to play that game BEFORE you find out just how much you're being offered.

Advertisement
I just hope that if Rashada is going to pick an SEC school over Miami, John Ruiz pays whatever differential is required so Florida is not the highest bidder.
Best case scenario if we don’t get Rashada is he goes to Ole Miss, only because that would be fun as **** to watch in Lanes offense.

I’m hearing the same thing about Carr to ND.

Advertisement
Back