2023 Miami offers 2023 five-star QB Dante Moore (Detroit, MI)

Or us, within the last decade. People have short memories but I definitely recall the camp battle between 11th year senior Jake Heaps and True Freshman August Enrollee Brad Kaaya. Those were the options.
Or the battle between Jacory Harris after summer camp and...no one. Or I guess, AJ Highsmith after they moved him to quarterback.

I still cannot believe that Larry Coker could only sign Kyle Wright (2002) and Kirby Freeman (2004) over a five year cycle.

Advertisement
Let me find out we related got fam in Polk and the D me & @tru have fam in the D too haven't been up there in a few years though and majority of them starting to move down south
Fam it's a small world so I wouldn't be surprised. But my family in Polk is on my mom's side and my Detroit kin is all on my pop's side....

He was at the Miramar 7v7 a few weeks ago. I saw him live. Footwork and mechanics where very pedestrian for a 5star kid.

I noticed the same thing. His throwing motion was as lazy as I've ever seen and maybe that's a case of it being 7 on 7. Looked sloppy as **** and I even if it's 7 on 7, I don't want to see lazy mechanics. All arm, body even aligned in a different direction at times, and terrible footwork. Great arm strength even with his hips and legs not used properly.

I watched some of his regular highlights and I'm not all that crazy about him. He's raw, talent is there, but he doesn't scream 5 star QB to me. Seems a down year at QB from the little I've seen.

He was at the Miramar 7v7 a few weeks ago. I saw him live. Footwork and mechanics where very pedestrian for a 5star kid.

That seems to be the consensus from everybody there. There was a huge gap between moore and the kid from Cali.

Advertisement
Please no.

He’s got minimal accuracy and questionable arm strength for a big time prospect.

If Miami can’t get a high upside physical guy, I say skip QB this year.
I see everyone flaming you for this comment, but I don't think you are wildly off base here. When you look at the tape on Nico and this kid, the difference is clear that Nico is far and away the better prospect. That said, you never skip a year when the opportunity arises to get a QB. QBs can be developed with proper coaching. Footwork, arm trajectory can be adjusted and corrected. If his arm strength isn't the best, you can always make adjustments in the scheme to mask arm strength deficiency. That's what coordinators are paid for. To come up with schemes that play to your team's strengths and exploit your opponents' weaknesses while masking your own deficiencies. I think this kid can be a potential Craig Erickson-type prospect. But if he fails, you can always take another kid in '24 or the portal. I'd definitely take him though. The problem is not that he is a bad prospect, he just isn't a five star like you have said, so he is slightly overrated. I agree. He's probably a low four- star in my eyes, but he's a take definitely.

I see everyone flaming you for this comment, but I don't think you are wildly off base here. When you look at the tape on Nico and this kid, the difference is clear that Nico is far and away the better prospect. That said, you never skip a year when the opportunity arises to get a QB. QBs can be developed with proper coaching. Footwork, arm trajectory can be adjusted and corrected. If his arm strength isn't the best, you can always make adjustments in the scheme to mask arm strength deficiency. That's what coordinators are paid for. To come up with schemes that play to your team's strengths and exploit your opponents' weaknesses while masking your own deficiencies. I think this kid can be a potential Craig Erickson-type prospect. But if he fails, you can always take another kid in '24 or the portal. I'd definitely take him though. The problem is not that he is a bad prospect, he just isn't a five star like you have said, so he is slightly overrated. I agree. He's probably a low four- star in my eyes, but he's a take definitely.

Moore is the #7 overall prospect in the country. He had a huge season with elite production. Michigan, ND, and Ohio St all want him, among others. They played my cousin's school last year and Moore definitely looked special to me. I don't care too much about 7 v 7. Jack Allison and Sitkowski looked great in 7v7, it's a terrible way to evaluate QB play.

Sure, I think we all like Nico better. Nico is a 5* too and will probably end up competing with Manning for #1 overall. But Moore is a great example of how much our fanbase has put unrealistic expectations on Mario. Moore would be a huge get. The rankings drop they're talking about with him isn't low 4*, it's top-50 overall, borderline 5* at worst.

Seriously, a good portion of our fanbase literally believes we should pass on a QB if not Nico. It's insane. If this kid goes to ND he'll light us up on the field and the same posters acting like he is mediocre will ask why we missed on him.

Moore is the #7 overall prospect in the country. He had a huge season with elite production. Michigan, ND, and Ohio St all want him, among others. They played my cousin's school last year and Moore definitely looked special to me. I don't care too much about 7 v 7. Jack Allison and Sitkowski looked great in 7v7, it's a terrible way to evaluate QB play.

Sure, I think we all like Nico better. Nico is a 5* too and will probably end up competing with Manning for #1 overall. But Moore is a great example of how much our fanbase has put unrealistic expectations on Mario. Moore would be a huge get. The rankings drop they're talking about with him isn't low 4*, it's top-50 overall, borderline 5* at worst.

Seriously, a good portion of our fanbase literally believes we should pass on a QB if not Nico. It's insane. If this kid goes to ND he'll light us up on the field and the same posters acting like he is mediocre will ask why we missed on him.
Like I said, he's definitely a kid I would take. I still think he is a little raw, but I like him. Definitely don't think he is bad at all like others have said. Slightly overrated that's it.

Advertisement
I just commented on him in the 2023 thread. I love the offer. This is one position I'm keeping my eye on, im eager to see what kind of QB's were going to recruit for the future.

I love this offer.

That kid is making good reads and getting the ball to the right guy. A lot of quarterbacks are scared to make those throws in traffic. This kid is a player and well coached.

Scour the cities. Detroit, Chicago, Indianapolis, Houston, St.Louis etc. Make their best players give us hard no’s regardless where they are at. We will get plenty of interest from these high rates out of state recruits.

I watched him spray the ball all over Miramar a few weeks ago.

Not sure what kind of throws he was making in his HS offense, but he was borderline bad in the 7v7 tournament I saw.

So he is the opposite of a camp warrior?

Advertisement

To be fair, its not a good portion of the fan base that said something that ludicrous. It was just one guy who has eternalized himself.

People thought Brandon Wimbush @ ND would do the same. That being said I agree with taking a QB every cycle and staggering skillsets/ longer developmental QB's when possible. This isn't some Emory Jones type kid where everyone knew he wasn't elite.

Advertisement
Isn’t MLK about the only Detroit public school that produces good football players. I grew up in Ann Arbor in the 70’s-early nineties and back then at least all the good football in the area was the Catholic schools like Brother Rice. Has that changed?
Now basketball was another story. Between Southwestern and Cooley and Northern, Detroit public school hoops was the ****.
And of course Country Day
Brother Rice was always a power house. I went to Henry Ford high school. There is another good Detroit high school and I believe it is Detroit Cass Tech. I could be wrong though so dont quote me on that one.

Its like Josh Allen (Cali kid) vs say Joe Burrow (Michigan kid) one has that effortless release and amazing arm strength but only completed 59 percent of his passes while the other was efficient and deadly accurate completing 70 percent of his passes. One is 6'5" 6'6" the other 6'3"....both 5 star guys.....but who has the higher upside versus who is a more polished well rounded qb that can play in any system....preferences....my guess is, because of Gattis....Moore is the pick.....
Or it could be Herbert with amazing arm strength and he completes nearly 70% of his passes 🤔

That’s overstating it...

1) Only one person said we should pass on a QB if it’s not Nico, not a good portion of the fanbase
2) Everyone doesn’t have to agree on every prospect, it’s okay for some people to like other prospects more than others
3) There is such thing as busts, especially at QB, high ranked QB’s bust literally every season, HS ranking doesn’t determine college success; see JT Daniels.
4) If he went to Notre Dame the last thing he’d do “is light us up” we don’t even play ND until 2024 & there’s no telling what their team will look like by then with Freeman as their HC & you’re assuming we won’t have a good enough team by then either. Do you know how much sh*t can & will happen between then? Lol
5) Name me a big time QB from the state of Michigan within the last 5+ years that has done much of anything in college?

People who have seen him have simply said there’s concerns with his overall arm talent, no one is saying he’s a bum & can’t play, it’s matter of offering a legitimate critique based on what they think or have seen, that’s fair.

There are QB’s who are ranked lower than Moore that I think are better than him too, that doesn’t mean I don’t like Moore or think he’s not a take, but this early in the recruiting process there’s nothing wrong with having comparative analysis between different prospects based on multiple factors.

Just as much as some may think he’s a guaranteed All-conference player, there’s others who may not feel the same & there’s nothing wrong with that.
I find your cogent objective reasoning rather distributing and repulsive, good sir.

Advertisement
Back