2023 Miami offers 2023 five-star QB Dante Moore (Detroit, MI)

Please no.

He’s got minimal accuracy and questionable arm strength for a big time prospect.

If Miami can’t get a high upside physical guy, I say skip QB this year.
E67B9ED0-27AE-4601-9C03-5414456FB111.jpeg

Advertisement
U take a QB every cycle. Mofos get injured, mofos hit the Transfer Portal.

Btw: I do prefer Nick over Dante, b/c I like Nick’s size & his competition, but I definitely wouldn’t mind Dante. Neither will be Day 1 guys anyway, so by the time they take the reigns, they’ll be seasoned.

Advertisement
What's this kids background as MLK Senior is a magnet school? Tough kid from the inner city or suburban?

Advertisement
I get that he doesn't fire it like Iamaleava, but look at the pass at the 3:20 mark for example. that is a rope into a tight window with his heel on the 50 to a guy on the sideline around the 7 yard line. I think he has enough arm strength for someone that connects on 70% of his passes and doesn't throw it to the opponent to be very successful in college.
Its like Josh Allen (Cali kid) vs say Joe Burrow (Michigan kid) one has that effortless release and amazing arm strength but only completed 59 percent of his passes while the other was efficient and deadly accurate completing 70 percent of his passes. One is 6'5" 6'6" the other 6'3"....both 5 star guys.....but who has the higher upside versus who is a more polished well rounded qb that can play in any system....preferences....my guess is, because of Gattis....Moore is the pick.....

Advertisement
Please no.

He’s got minimal accuracy and questionable arm strength for a big time prospect.

After watching his highlight, 😂 at this post. He doesn’t have Nico’s arm talent but who really does. I saw a kid making accurate throws with solid arm strength and great decision making.

I disagree on the No QB part, but I agree on holding off on Dante. Gaby at 247 did say that Dante will have a significant drop in the rankings after the first few 7 on 7s he’s been performing at. I agree he’s talented but let’s recruit a few and allow our QB coach to have an input.

Advertisement
Please no.

70 percent completion percentage in HS is AS A JUNIOR inaccurate? **** outa here! When was the last time we had a QB with 70% completion percentage at the U?

I disagree on the No QB part, but I agree on holding off on Dante. Gaby at 247 did say that Dante will have a significant drop in the rankings after the first few 7 on 7s he’s been performing at. I agree he’s talented but let’s recruit a few and allow our QB coach to have an input.
7 on 7 doesn’t highlight dudes best qualities which is accurate throws on the run and improvising. 7v7 ball is out quick. If no one is open that’s it

The kid from CA is def the creme de la creme of the class, but this kid had over 70% completion percentage, 3k+ yards, 40 tuddies/3 INTs…so I don’t know about minimal accuracy. Again, Cali kid is the big prize but now that Gattis is ours I fully expect this kid to be a huge target cause I don’t think the Cali kid is trending our way.

I watched him spray the ball all over Miramar a few weeks ago.

Not sure what kind of throws he was making in his HS offense, but he was borderline bad in the 7v7 tournament I saw.

Advertisement
Back