Miami offers 2022 DB Kamari Wilson

615865B1-D030-4AEF-A16C-E6979978B270.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sorry, you don't pass on Raymond for DVD. Respect to DVD, but he hasn't coached at all in college or even in high school. Raymond on the other hand is tops at his position in college football.

DVD just went into Raymonds backyard and stole away the real #1 player in the country (not fake #1 Manning). So two weeks ago I would have agreed with you but DVD aced his test. Now I think DVD has the chops to handle the recruiting part of the job but then we need an elite technician for the other DB coach. Right now it doesn't look like Addae is doing very much recruiting or teaching.

Sorry, you don't pass on Raymond for DVD. Respect to DVD, but he hasn't coached at all in college or even in high school. Raymond on the other hand is tops at his position in college football.
Did you forget that DVD was our CBs coach last year? So him having no coaching experience is flat out wrong. Secondly he just landed us the highest rated recruit at a position that we haven't had since landing Tracy Howard during the Al Golden Era. At some point there will be a new head dog when it comes to DBs and thats really looking like DVD with the hes recruiting ability and ability to coach. I would rather be ahead of the curve than sitting there going "man, we shouldn't have let him go".

Advertisement
Advertisement
DVD just went into Raymonds backyard and stole away the real #1 player in the country (not fake #1 Manning). So two weeks ago I would have agreed with you but DVD aced his test. Now I think DVD has the chops to handle the recruiting part of the job but then we need an elite technician for the other DB coach. Right now it doesn't look like Addae is doing very much recruiting or teaching.

Hard to disagree with the part about who we just got a verbal from. Hard to assess real recruiting these days when a big NIL deal can make a big difference.

Still, Raymond in a hypothetical world would be the choice.

Did you forget that DVD was our CBs coach last year? So him having no coaching experience is flat out wrong. Secondly he just landed us the highest rated recruit at a position that we haven't had since landing Tracy Howard during the Al Golden Era. At some point there will be a new head dog when it comes to DBs and thats really looking like DVD with the hes recruiting ability and ability to coach. I would rather be ahead of the curve than sitting there going "man, we shouldn't have let him go".

He was an apprentice and wasn't on his own. There's a big difference there, but certainly it's some experience.

He just landed a big time guy and built a relationship. You can't complain about that, not at all.

When you're up against literally the best who has a resume a mile long, you're not likely to get the job. Who knows though, maybe Mario gives it to the former Cane. Most wouldn't and if he's gotta cut his chops elsewhere, so be it. In this day of money to get recruits and coaches, he could be brought back.

The number one quality i need for skill position coaches to have is ability to recruit. DVD is on his way. Not alot you can teach players at certain positions. The Coordinator kinda dictates the technique anyway

Advertisement
He was an apprentice and wasn't on his own. There's a big difference there, but certainly it's some experience.

He just landed a big time guy and built a relationship. You can't complain about that, not at all.

When you're up against literally the best who has a resume a mile long, you're not likely to get the job. Who knows though, maybe Mario gives it to the former Cane. Most wouldn't and if he's gotta cut his chops elsewhere, so be it. In this day of money to get recruits and coaches, he could be brought back.
Recruiting is the number 1 thing Mario looks for. DVD got his badge of honor with the Cormani commit much like Fields did with Skinner last year. The relationships he has in the 2024 are even more impressive.

Sure he worked with T-Rob and both were under the watchful eye of Diaz. So he didnt really have a chance to shine but that doesn't take away the experience.

It might not be a popular opinion but I take DVD. Any other year Raymond would a welcome addition but I don't want DVD recruiting against us

Advertisement
Back