Miami offers 2022 DB Kamari Wilson

Advertisement
Wouldn’t mind him following Corey Raymond down here when we hire him
I know Corey is considered to be the best DB coach and recruiter. And just about any other year I'd say we should try and get him if he was available. But this year I feel like DVD needs to be our DBs coach going into 2023. He's held his own against Corey and I really think he's an ascending coach.

I know Corey is considered to be the best DB coach and recruiter. And just about any other year I'd say we should try and get him if he was available. But this year I feel like DVD needs to be our DBs coach going into 2023. He's held his own against Corey and I really think he's an ascending coach.
He has… but if you have a shot at getting Corey here I think you jump at it. Let dvd coach safety’s or special teams to get him “on field”

He has… but if you have a shot at getting Corey here I think you jump at it. Let dvd coach safety’s or special teams to get him “on field”
I agree to that but who do ypu let go to make room? If Corey replaces Addae as CBs then who goes to make room for DVD?

Advertisement
But that's a big if. Idk if Steele would have any legit offers that wouldn't be a sideways move. And maybe he would jump ship but I think DVD has earned his shot with Mario
I agree, there just isn’t another defensive coach on the chopping block. And there isn’t another position coach that can leave without someone else taking their on the field role.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not yet.

Gaytors highest-rated recruit last year (per 247), and one of the primary reasons the Gaytor fanbase (falsely) believed that Slingblade Billy can recruit.
huh? I legit saw him make a pretty big hit a few weeks ago. I just checked and he has logged 2 tackles against UK, 5 against TN, 5 against EWU, 3 against Miz, and 3 against LSU. Seems like a lot to just be special teams so I think he has gotten some burn. However he did repost and comment on Cox farewell to Gator nation where Cox said he was going to get ready for the draft and that he was shocked and upset about the dismissal.

Advertisement
huh? I legit saw him make a pretty big hit a few weeks ago. I just checked and he has logged 2 tackles against UK, 5 against TN, 5 against EWU, 3 against Miz, and 3 against LSU. Seems like a lot to just be special teams so I think he has gotten some burn. However he did repost and comment on Cox farewell to Gator nation where Cox said he was going to get ready for the draft and that he was shocked and upset about the dismissal.

I'm not saying he never plays, I interpreted it more about the fact that he is not starting and he plays behind a couple of guys that the Gaytor fans hate. I've posted numerous Gaytor screen shots in Gaytor Tears, a lot of THEIR fans are saying he hasn't played much, so I go off of that. I know he's got a few stats, but he's not playing as much as he wants, and certainly not commensurate with being a Top 50 recruit and having garbage on the roster ahead of you.

Will another school give him a shot because he's a few months removed with being a high 4-star recruit? Absolutely. But imagine if Cormani Young doesn't play much next year because Malik Curtis and Daryl Porter Jr. are getting all the playing time.

6 snaps against UGa. Maybe he played more against Eastern Washington and USF, but six plays is not a lot when Dean got 79 and Torrence got 75 (and those were the only Gaytor safeties with snap counts).

EDIT: 21 snaps vs. LSU; 7 snaps vs. Mizzou; 64 snaps vs. Eastern Washington; 19 snaps vs. Tenneseee; 8 snaps vs. USF; 8 snaps vs. Kentucky, 11 snaps vs. Kentucky, 8 snaps vs. Utah.

Outside of the Eastern Washington game, where Slingblade Billy emptied the bench, he has barely played.

Last edited:
Yea. Same source told me Cormani was locked in with us the day before he committed.

Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

Advertisement
Back