Miami offers 2019 four-star S Keontra Smith (Chaminade-Madonna HS)

Advertisement
Cliffnotes from a Diehards.com interview with Smith tonight...

- Plans to visit Alabama next weekend. They offered him on February 7.
- Hopes to visit Miami at some point during the next two weekends, citing a pair of upcoming UM basketball games as possibilities.
- Says both Rumph and Banda are heading up his recruitment.

Smith said of Miami:

“That was the dream school. I was waiting on that offer since I was a freshman,” Smith told DieHards at Gibson Park. “It’s a game-changer. I’m still committed, but I would like to enjoy the process. But most definitely Miami goes up to top 3, I’d say.”

“I like the swag,” Smith said. “I’m a UM kid.”

https://www.diehards.com/miami/keontra-smith-miami-recruiting-offer

In the February 25th Miami Nike in 2017 a year ago Smith put up some pretty decent numbers. He was 5-11 and 190. Posted a decent 4.62--40 as those cams are particularity tough in 40 times--his times was tied for 14th best. Only 4 people (out of about 200 top players) broke 4.5 and they were sprinters like Schwartz, Campbell, Richner and Shivers all super elite HS sprinters. etc.,

Some other HS sprinters that ran the 40 and their best 100m times- Jobe 4.57 (10.90-100m as a 10th grader), Carlos Sandy 4.61 (10.71-100m), Divaad Wilson 10.92-100m--4.62, Camron Davis 4.64 (10.94-100m). So his 40 speed up there with the best.

He also posted a 35.8 inch vertical jump (in the top 20) showing good explosion.

Good info-
He has a good burst to the ball and long speed. I doubt he will ever play LB.

I think Smith is a LB. Productive player who is also a pretty good RB. Been on the radar since his freshman year.

I'm curious to see how he tests at the Opening. He was one of the best testers last year, laser-timed 4.62 with a 35+ vertical.

Smith looks like a stud safety all the way, not a LB, IMO. TheOpening.com had Smith running 4.55 and maintaining that 35+ vertical at 195 pounds during the Miami Opening event last month. 103.95 overall Sparq score.

The early portion of his junior highlights showcase his ability as a downhill striker in the box, but they also show off some coverage ability several minutes into the footage. His closing burst looks elite and his tremendous Sparq numbers only verify the athleticism shown off in his on-field clips.

Looks like Smith and Battle are the two guys they want in the safety class.

And like Mark Richards/Kenny McIntosh are just going to be taken as an athlete. (McIntosh start as RB but potentially switch later).

And Stevenson/Sanguinetti start as Corners.

Advertisement
Looks like Smith and Battle are the two guys they want in the safety class.

And like Mark Richards/Kenny McIntosh are just going to be taken as an athlete. (McIntosh start as RB but potentially switch later).

And Stevenson/Sanguinetti start as Corners.
Nope, ITU said yesterday that Stevenson is a safety prospect in our eyes.

Advertisement
Back