Miami offers 2016 CB Deion Jackson from Hallandale

Advertisement
Hallandale has some legit talent. Really want us to start plucking some kids out of there. Really wanted Richie Cooper for 2015.

That area is wide open since chaminade doesnt recruit anymore and my high school (Mcarthur) and other area schools are down (south broward)...

guys like Sony Michel were suppose to go to Hallandale.

Go why did Chaminade stop recruiting..

I went to Chaminade back when we were one of the best best programs down here (2004-2007). Basically the schools Administration is in a lot of ways like UM's, in that they don't want to invest in the program which lead to Coach Guandolo leaving to Cypress Bay in 2008. Ever since then it's been down hill. Enrollment is down, donations are down; basically the school will probably cease to exist in 5 years. They almost didn't field a football team last year.

Hallandale has some legit talent. Really want us to start plucking some kids out of there. Really wanted Richie Cooper for 2015.

That area is wide open since chaminade doesnt recruit anymore and my high school (Mcarthur) and other area schools are down (south broward)...

guys like Sony Michel were suppose to go to Hallandale.

Go why did Chaminade stop recruiting..

I went to Chaminade back when we were one of the best best programs down here (2004-2007). Basically the schools Administration is in a lot of ways like UM's, in that they don't want to invest in the program which lead to Coach Guandolo leaving to Cypress Bay in 2008. Ever since then it's been down hill. Enrollment is down, donations are down; basically the school will probably cease to exist in 5 years. They almost didn't field a football team last year.

At about that same time Chaminade went down (2007), Michael M. Krop Senior HS went down too; from winning Championships pre-2008 to nothing, nada, zilch. Yet, their academic ranking went up through the roof. I think UM want to branch and soar in other areas in S. Florida, and actually in the whole state, insofar as UHealth and over all academic prowess. Unfortunately, that academic ranking has been tied by UiF, and UM is not academically streaking/trending up as they once were. Can't say one can put a finger why UM Admin is allowing UM Football slow crawl into mediocrity after being made clear that Golden is a bad game day coach. UM academia has peaked, since so many other fine colleges & universities fighting for the top research dollars. With UM stagnating at excellence (not racing upwards anymore) in academia and in UHealth, you'd think that Admin feel and finally realize that UM Football can move the University mission closer to trending upwards with more of the best & brightest students coming in and matriculating at the U, rather than getting mired in ties with them backward incestual freaks at UiF.

I sure hope all these moves with recruiting and hiring all these local guys bring in the real UM type of ballas (not necessarily 5* guys) and ultimately bringing back the U. when the new real coach comes in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back