Miami NFTC pits elite SF Prospects

View as article

TexCane

Sophomore
3/15/13: The Miami NFTC is coming up shortly. Again this year, we’ll see top prospects pitted against top prospects. Here’s a preview of who will be in attendance.

Running backs and linebackers:

Florida’s Big 3 running backs will be at the Miami NFTC. Sony Michel (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) and Miami Central teammates Dalvin Cook (Clemson commit) and Joseph Yearby (Miami commit), all with UM offers. These elite prospects will display their running, blocking and pass-catching skills at the event. Who’s the best? We might get a glimpse into that answer.

OLB Richard Yeargin III is shooting up recruiting boards across the country. The NFTC will test him when he’s pitted against Michel, Yearby and Cook during drills.

The Big Uglies:

They say games are won or lost in the trenches. At the Miami NFTC, we’ll watch some elite match-ups. OT K.c. McDermott (Wellington, Fla./Central) and Miami (Fla.) offensive line commit Trevor Darling (Miami/Central) will be there and matched up against other Miami DL prospects such as Khairi Clark (Hollywood, Fla./Chaminade-Madona) and Anthony Moten (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas).

Wide receivers and cornerbacks:

The names are familiar to recruiting junkies. Among the receivers expected to be in attendance are Jake McCrary (Miami/Coral Reef), Johnnie Dixon (Palm Beach, Fla./Dwyer), Travis Rudolph (West Palm Beach, Fla./Cardinal Newman) and Corey Holmes (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas) along with Class of 2015 wide receiver Da'Vante Phillips (Miami/Central).

They will be pitted against some of South Florida’s best defensive backs including Quincy Wilson (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla./University School) and Nigel Patten (Miami/Booker T. Washington).

These elite prospects are only some of the talent that will be on display at the Miami NFTC. They would make a very nice 2014 class for the Hurricanes.

Tex

Advertisement
i want them all

168.gif

Orlando NFTC is going to be loaded this weekend as well

who are the best prospects in florida besides sofl, I'm mainly hearing kain daub and i guess dillon bates, isn't this a down year for the central/northern part of the state, i know theres good prospects but i mean like ELITE

**edit: i guess i'd thrown valentine in there as well...it just seems like 2013 was insane in central/ north fl, VHIII, derrick henry, laremy tunsil, kelvin taylor, leon mcquayIII, mackensie alexander and a lot more

Last edited:
Orlando NFTC is going to be loaded this weekend as well

who are the best prospects in florida besides sofl, I'm mainly hearing kain daub and i guess dillon bates, isn't this a down year for the central/northern part of the state, i know theres good prospects but i mean like ELITE

**edit: i guess i'd thrown valentine in there as well...it just seems like 2013 was insane in central/ north fl, VHIII, derrick henry, laremy tunsil, kelvin taylor, leon mcquayIII, mackensie alexander and a lot more
I would say the top 10 kids are from south Florida but there are some really good kids around the state this year not in south Florida. The talent pool might not be Elite but it is very deep with 4 star players. There is probably 60 4 star or higher players in the state this year.

Kids that will be in Orlando from ESPN

OL

Mason Cole (Tarpon Springs, Fla./East Lake), Corey Martinez (Tampa, Fla./Tampa Catholic) and Reilly Gibbons (St. Petersburg, Fla./St. Pete Catholic) are all apart of the ESPN Watch List, and along with Florida offensive tackle commit Benjamin Knox (DeLand, Fla./DeLand) and uncommitted prospects Denzel Ward (Bradenton, Fla./IMG Academies) and Montel McBride (Plant City, Fla./Plant City)

DE Trent Harris a Florida lean with offers from Florida, Florida State, Alabama, Georgia, USF and Kentucky

WR's Ryeshene Bronson (Ft. Myers, Fla./Dunbar), a Florida commit, and Artavis Scott (Tarpon Springs, Fla./East Lake) George Campbell (Tarpon Springs, Fla./East Lake)

DB's s Duke Dawson (Cross City, Fla./Dixie Co.) and Kyle Gibson (Seffner, Fla./Armwood)

Daub will be there too

Advertisement
Corey Holmes went to the Nike Spark in Orlando today

- Class of 2014 wide receiver Corey Holmes (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas) put together another superb testing day at a combine. The 6-foot-2, 174-pound ran a 4.53 laser timed forty-yard dash into a slight breeze, followed it up with a 4.31 pro-agility shuttle and posted a 39-inch vertical. He plans to visit Notre Dame April 6 and may go to the Oklahoma spring game. The Sooners offered Tuesday. Holmes said again on Friday that he currently prefers to go out of state for college.

- Class of 2014 wide receiver Corey Holmes (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas) put together another superb testing day at a combine. The 6-foot-2, 174-pound ran a 4.53 laser timed forty-yard dash into a slight breeze, followed it up with a 4.31 pro-agility shuttle and posted a 39-inch vertical. He plans to visit Notre Dame April 6 and may go to the Oklahoma spring game. The Sooners offered Tuesday. Holmes said again on Friday that he currently prefers to go out of state for college.

OOS ? cross him off the list

Advertisement

OOS ? cross him off the list

I think he is overrated by many I am not sure how hard in the in state schools are pursuing him. I know Florida barely talks to him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back