Miami-NC State

We're gonna be a very tough out in the ACC tourney.

Besides the early season turbulence, the only team we haven't really hung with is Duke.
Good point.

If a few bounces had gone our way (both 'Cuse games, Pitt) we could be being looked at right now as a fringe NCAA team.

Nonetheless, this year gives me a lot of hope for next year. We should be very good.

Absolutely agree with bounces going our way. It hasn't happen enough at the end of our games. On both sides of the ball. I don't even want to talk about free throws. ugh

Coach L just wants the first one and see if the team can get on any roll. I mentioned this early in the year and it still holds true for me, I think Reed is going to be a player once he learns the game. I think the kid has a lot of raw talent.

Advertisement
Just got home from the game....

Coach L aint winning with this group..they could give a **** he needs a great few classes if that is possible to get guys that want to play fundamental BB..coach L was all over these guys they just walk away from him and turn their heads....its bad enough we have had this **** on our Football team for years...now BB....total BS...

Oh well....feel better now

Which guys do you feel "don't give a ****"? I don't think we'd be in a lot of these games against more talented and deeper teams if they didn't. If that is an issue, I don't see it consistently, and certainly not amongst the younger group who will still be here next year along with the influx of new talent.

I've only seen games on TV, but they sure as **** looked like we "give a ****," especially against the #1 team in the nation (or #2 when we played them), taking the lead on them with about 5 minutes left, or being tied on the road with Maryland, or coming back from a 7 point deficit to take Pitt to OT, etc, etc, etc. If the team, which isn't overly talented or deep to begin with, didn't give a ****, they wouldn't have been in the games with Syracuse, the game with Pitt, the game with FSU, the game with NC State. They wouldn't have crushed GT in Atlanta or beaten UNC in Chapel Hill. They would look like the Big East team that went 0-18. We were blown out in almost every game (I think we lost to Syracuse by 2, but that's it).

I've only seen games on TV, but they sure as **** looked like we "give a ****," especially against the #1 team in the nation (or #2 when we played them), taking the lead on them with about 5 minutes left, or being tied on the road with Maryland, or coming back from a 7 point deficit to take Pitt to OT, etc, etc, etc. If the team, which isn't overly talented or deep to begin with, didn't give a ****, they wouldn't have been in the games with Syracuse, the game with Pitt, the game with FSU, the game with NC State. They wouldn't have crushed GT in Atlanta or beaten UNC in Chapel Hill. They would look like the Big East team that went 0-18. We were blown out in almost every game (I think we lost to Syracuse by 2, but that's it).

Okay I was ****ed....but TV does not show you the guys on the bench ignoring coach L or assit coaches talking to them....missing free throws has been an issue all year...I know we are young but but we should have not lost to VT or NCST MD or Pitt.....maybe they look better on TV than in person
My apologies for a ****** post..we need to 6 or 7 in this final run to be NIt material

Advertisement
Just a tidbit, Manu was talking to Angel before that last possession with just under 10 seconds left, he wasn't ignoring L just listening to Angel's advice.

The record is basically what I expected. The team is wayyy more competitive in games than I thought we would. I predicted 3-5 wins in ACC play before the season. Just don't have the horses.

I mentioned this early in the year and it still holds true for me, I think Reed is going to be a player once he learns the game. I think the kid has a lot of raw talent.

I agree 100%. He's had an up-and-down season, but a couple of earlier games showed what he is capable of. He's a frosh who is learning a new position; it's not surprising to see him struggle at times, but the raw talent is there, and I trust this coaching staff to help him develop as a player. He has a nice shooting touch, a good handle, and excellent size... that's a great combination to have. I'm excited to see how Reed looks next year.

Just got home from the game....

Coach L aint winning with this group..they could give a **** he needs a great few classes if that is possible to get guys that want to play fundamental BB..coach L was all over these guys they just walk away from him and turn their heads....its bad enough we have had this **** on our Football team for years...now BB....total BS...

Oh well....feel better now

I'm going to disagree with you. I've been to games and watched on TV, and with the exception of the second half of the Duke blowout, I haven't had the feeling that the team doesn't care. I think they care very much. Not every player shows that they care in the same way -- our guys tend to be more of the "quiet" type than the "rah rah" type, which is fine. They're trying their best; their best just hasn't been good enough so far. I think next year, once we finally get in some players who can create their own shot and take over a game, will be a totally different ballgame.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back