Miami named top 10 football brand

It’s about brands. Brands are built over time. Clemson or Georgia’s brand does not stand up to any of the teams I mentioned.

But yes that’s why I said it was obvious it was a survey of high school kids.
Well high school kids view in brands is a lot more important than the old heads. When teens think of ND, they think “oh they are overrated. They can never win the big game”. When they think of schools like usc, Texas and Miami it’s “all that to go 7-5 again”. With all the changes in college football, it’s important for programs to build a new identity and brand

Advertisement
I actually don't think Alabama has a good brand. The Yankees have a brand. People who don't live in New York and don't watch baseball wear Yankees hats and gear because it's transcended rooting interests. Whether they're good or bad people care about the Yankees. Same with the Red Sox, Cowboys, Packers.

Alabama is a regional team that people have to pay attention to because they're great. But the brand is more Saban than anything else. The school doesn't offer anything outside of being good at football. If Saban retires and Alabama goes 6-6 for 3 straight years that brand does not hit the same. I don't think Miami has the best natural brand in college but you could argue the Miami brand is the most accessible to outsiders, way more so than Alabama. In other words, I would bet the volume of fans who didn't go to Miami and don't live in the area but watch and consider themselves a fan is one of the largest in the country. I also think it helps that the U logo is one of the most instantly recognizable logos in sports.

I do think Notre Dame is probably the biggest natural brand in college football.

Last edited:
College Football Reaction GIF by ACC Network

Who could even question that U as a brand...

Worldwide or domestically?

Miami is 100% the biggest college brand world wide and it’s not close. Domestically Miami is top 3 no question.

The U as a symbol, the logo, the city of miami, the 30 for 30’s, Drake’s music video, Being referenced in rap tracks, uncle Luke, etc

No one is touching that as it pertains to a “brand”. If you want to say we’ve stunk for 20 years that’s fair and we absolutely have but no brand is bigger than the U collegiately

Advertisement
Worldwide or domestically?

Miami is 100% the biggest college brand world wide and it’s not close. Domestically Miami is top 3 no question.

The U as a symbol, the logo, the city of miami, the 30 for 30’s, Drake’s music video, Being referenced in rap tracks, uncle Luke, etc

No one is touching that as it pertains to a “brand”. If you want to say we’ve stunk for 20 years that’s fair and we absolutely have but no brand is bigger than the U collegiately
Miami was top 3 15 years ago. 3/4s of our current team wasn’t even born the last time we won a national championship. No high schooler knows about the canes history. Everyone just says “all that for another 7-5 season”

Miami was top 3 15 years ago. 3/4s of our current team wasn’t even born the last time we won a national championship. No high schooler knows about the canes history. Everyone just says “all that for another 7-5 season”
You’re equating wins and losses to branding. That’s how it works in Tuscaloosa Alabama not miami. Drake filmed a music video at the school a few years back. Snoops dog mentions The U in “all we do is win”

Those two examples are why miamis “branding” is on a completely Different level

Take a poll of 100 people with a logo with no name. Miami will be picked more than any other school…. That’s branding

Clemson being 5 is laughable. A&M 7? GTFO. I mean the []_[] is undoubtedly top 5 without having my bias involved. USC seems pretty low

FBF9F2C7-E5A2-4A16-A67D-E788655B4D79.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back