Miami Moves Up To No. 3 in latest AP Poll

Trinton Breeze
1 min read

Comments (79)

If you look at who is behind them it makes sense. I think wake and OK state should both be higher though.
It makes sense now. But when the P4 was truly a P4, BYU, Texas Tech, Utah, and UCLA would all be ranked ahead of Bama. Same with Ohio State, Texas, and Ole Miss. I'm not saying it's right I'm just saying that's how the AP poll used to always operate. Now that they're separating the P2, there's a lot more bias involved and the SEC is getting the greatest benefit from that.
 
So then When either Miami or Notre Dame loses in this upcoming game, noone should move down.

They set the precedent.

If Miami wins, we switch spots. If ND wins, we both stay put.

Thats how it should be if Bama gets to lose and not move.

So stupid.
Not to mention Bama beat tf outta Miss St and they dropped one last week
 
If we lose a close game to ND, how many spots do you think we'll drop?

The logic makes sense. Alabama barely lost to the #1 team in a questionable fashion. We should also not drop at all if we have a close loss to ND. But the AP poll doesn't typically work that way. You lose, you drop in rankings. I just hate the SEC bias. The rules have changed for them.

OSU barely lost to Texas at Texas and dropped +5 spots.
Miami drops outta top 10 losing to nd
 
Indiana gets nine first place votes after barely and luckily beating an unranked team this weekend. That in a nutshell is a sample of how brilliant these AP voters can be.
It's seriously disturbing. Indiana keeps getting lucky against very average teams. Soon, they will get spanked back to reality.
 
To exhibit some overtly defensible surface conformity, I'll just say behind Texas.
But for my real answer.... As long as the rankings continue to be blatantly dishonest and stacked in favor of that cheating hick conference, below UCLA, Utah, BYU, Texas Tech, and yeah, Wake Forest for now. **** them. That program and its fans are the absolute plague of college football history.
This is the first time I've started to think an expanded 25 team playoff might actually make sense. If half of the field is already practically decided based on preseason rankings, a lot of deserving teams that could beat those overrated SEC squads will be left out every year.
 
Do you think if we lost to ND in a close game they would leave us at 3 and not drop us? Like they do with Alabama? Not a fkn chance in the world. I’m so sick of this conference corruption.
The narrative would absolutely be along the lines of "they lost to the only real team they played". All good though...we're not losing to ND.
 
I just don’t know what happened to having the undefeated teams ahead of the 1 loss teams but I guess that what happens when you have such disparity between power 4 and the other conferences.

Texas at #7 is a ******* joke. 1 decent quarter of football. I told you they are going to back door into the CFP.

There is no way CFP should be considering a 24 team playoff. There are not even close to 24 playoff caliber teams.
 
This is the first time I've started to think an expanded 25 team playoff might actually make sense. If half of the field is already practically decided based on preseason rankings, a lot of deserving teams that could beat those overrated SEC squads will be left out every year.
If it worked that way I'd be all for it. And maybe it would. It's just that if you don't change the people in charge of selecting these teams (for playoffs AND voting them high in preseason, setting them up for "good losses"), they're likely to just use it as an opportunity to put even more SEC teams in it.
 
You think Texas or Ole Miss are better?
Those are the only teams I think have an argument.
When we play ND as a top 3 matchup. How far should the loser of a close game drop?

Not much. Yet, Bama should drop after a close loss to a highly ranked team.

So many tears around here for being a great team.
 
That ACCCG is going to be a f***ing dogfight. Don't kid yourselves. That team has a chip on its shoulders. And if I recall, they did play a little chippy and dirty, so assuming we get that far and take care of business going into that game, protecting Mensah and #1 will be our top priority against Bounty Hunters.

We'll need that bye week to rest up and recover from a busy November. The Injury Bug has been merciless to us this year.
Bruh.....SMH
 
Who even cares. Best ND and we're #1. CFP is all that matters anyhow.
 
Back
Top