Miami @ Louisville Preview

I expect us to have the same game plan as we did against UAB. Run it down their throats with that small a** DL they have. Do a ton of RPO and save the majority of the playbook for FSU and Clemson. Also running it will keep their offense off the field
I do expect us to be run heavy, but I also expect there will be more variety and not just off tackle left, off tackle right.

Advertisement
I expect us to have the same game plan as we did against UAB. Run it down their throats with that small a** DL they have. Do a ton of RPO and save the majority of the playbook for FSU and Clemson. Also running it will keep their offense off the field

This is what I’m thinking as well. Gotta take advantage of their smaller DL. Yes I I know it’s a 3-4 and they will be sending those OLBs at us in the regular but those ends are too small for us not too take advantage.

If we can blow those guys off that ball on the OL it will be fun.

I was rewatching the WKU UL game today. And the freshman RT Renato Brown was standing his ground against some pretty good DEs. I came away impressed with him. I will keep eyes on him to see how he performs against our DEs.

Another aspect to running the ball is controlling the game and keeping the UL offense on the sideline. Which means our DBs don’t get exposed.

Another aspect to running the ball is controlling the game and keeping the UL offense on the sideline. Which means our DBs don’t get exposed.
We don't play a ball control offence though.

It's about scoring points.

The game plan with Lashlee as OC is to get up by a couple of scores and force them to be one dimensional.

This is what I’m thinking as well. Gotta take advantage of their smaller DL. Yes I I know it’s a 3-4 and they will be sending those OLBs at us in the regular but those ends are too small for us not too take advantage.

If we can blow those guys off that ball on the OL it will be fun.

I was rewatching the WKU UL game today. And the freshman RT Renato Brown was standing his ground against some pretty good DEs. I came away impressed with him. I will keep eyes on him to see how he performs against our DEs.
Former miamj commit

Advertisement

The game plan with Lashlee as OC is to get up by a couple of scores and force them to be one dimensional.
Ya I understand that but we just ran the ball for 340 when everyone thought King would have a 400 yard game through the air.

so you figured out Lashlee scheme thru one game?

No one has mentioned it from what I’ve seen, but Dee Wiggins needs to be our “Tutu” (what a stupid name). It was one catch but that body control to get that toe tap has me all in to make the most of more targets. He’s the tallest of the starters and the least primadonna. If he can expose their DBs and have a coming out party again UL then MAYBE just MAYBE we can open the field for Pope and Harley.

Just don’t put Ivey anywhere near TuTu and we will be ok. #8 is a walking touchdown out there

Advertisement
Thanks for the writeup OP. Helpful to understand Lville's D performers. After reading, have to think we run more than pass something like 56%/44% ratio meaning if Lashlee's reaches his snap count goal of at least 76 snaps that equates to 42/43 runs to 33/34 passes. Do we have an update on Cam'Ron Harris? There was talk this past Friday about him walking off the field Thursday night and was okay but have n ot read anything definitive. Harris' absence would be a big blow to the running game and could skew the gameplan to a more 50/50 balance if he does not play. If the case, then UM's WR's need to step up and play much better than the other night verus UAB.

As for the D, keep everything in front of you please. Do not let Atwell go off with some easy score from a deep ball as Ivey looks at the stars instead of the ball. I also hope Couch plays more as I think we will need him moreso than Ivey.

Canes 34 - 31

We played a better defense last week. We’ll get points and run the ball with relative ease. I’m more concerned about their offense.They are dangerous at the skill spots and the quarterback is a legit run/pass threat. His arm strength is mediocre though and he can be goaded into throwing some poor passes. This is a team that even the beat defenses aren’t going to shut down. You have to try to limit their running game and hope your offense can get some scores and force them to be one dimensional. This game shakes up to something like 42-35 Miami. If we hold them under 30 we win for sure.

We played a better defense last week. We’ll get points and run the ball with relative ease. I’m more concerned about their offense.They are dangerous at the skill spots and the quarterback is a legit run/pass threat. His arm strength is mediocre though and he can be goaded into throwing some poor passes. This is a team that even the beat defenses aren’t going to shut down. You have to try to limit their running game and hope your offense can get some scores and force them to be one dimensional. This game shakes up to something like 42-35 Miami. If we hold them under 30 we win for sure.

Did we? I know UAB has this hype as a good defense, and it makes sense considering they were pretty good last year and returned basically everyone. But something is awry there. At the end of last year, they gave up 286 yards rushing to FAU, which was by far their worst performance of the season, and then in their bowl game, they gave up 261 to App State.

They hadn't given up more than 161 in a game up to that point, then back to back over 260.

Then this year, against an FCS team to start the season, both the Central Arkansas backs averaged about 6.0 YPC. Then we run for 330+ on them. So you're probably right, UAB is probably a better defense overall than Louisville, but UL did just play pretty well against a Western Kentucky team that went 9-4 last year and returned their whole staff. Their offense wasn't great last year, though, so who the **** knows. I guess we find out who is good and who isn't on Saturday.

Did we? I know UAB has this hype as a good defense, and it makes sense considering they were pretty good last year and returned basically everyone. But something is awry there. At the end of last year, they gave up 286 yards rushing to FAU, which was by far their worst performance of the season, and then in their bowl game, they gave up 261 to App State.

They hadn't given up more than 161 in a game up to that point, then back to back over 260.

Then this year, against an FCS team to start the season, both the Central Arkansas backs averaged about 6.0 YPC. Then we run for 330+ on them. So you're probably right, UAB is probably a better defense overall than Louisville, but UL did just play pretty well against a Western Kentucky team that went 9-4 last year and returned their whole staff. Their offense wasn't great last year, though, so who the **** knows. I guess we find out who is good and who isn't on Saturday.
Eh, it’s not that I think UAB has an incredible defense it’s more a jab at Louisville’s defense. I watched the WKU game and they looked small up front and slow in the backfield. I know nobody wants to hear this but Lashlee may not need to add too many wrinkles to the offensive game plan. We should be able to run the ball at a good clip.

Advertisement
Eh, it’s not that I think UAB has an incredible defense it’s more a jab at Louisville’s defense. I watched the WKU game and they looked small up front and slow in the backfield. I know nobody wants to hear this but Lashlee may not need to add too many wrinkles to the offensive game plan. We should be able to run the ball at a good clip.

A 100% Cam Harris would help out a lot with that.

I know, I know...he said he's fine. I couldn't care less. Is he practicing at full speed? That knee was planted and hyperextended pretty good. I can't imagine it feels perfectly fine right now. Hopefully the extra 2 days of recovery help, but being able to rotate the 3 backs in with the pace we go at now is going to be much needed.

This !!!! Miami just needs to jump on them and force them to just throw the ball. Our pass rush will eventually start giving them issues.

I hope Lashlee rotates his running back at the right time this week. Too many times did I see Knighton and Chaney tired on there last carry before being rotated. He’s wasting plays forcing it sometimes. If your running back are tired run a dam wr screen. Don’t waste plays.

Advertisement
Just keep Ivey on the sidelines bro he’s gonna get worked by the speed of Louisville. Baker is gonna cost us at least 28 this game so we better put up points.

I only watched them play once last year (against us), but I was unimpressed. UL Defense sucked, made JW look like a Heisman candidate and even tho they scored 27 they couldn't keep up.
I'm not going to pretend to know what UM offense will look like over the year, but I will be disappointed if we don't put points on the board often. I trust our defense to make a few stops to let us win in another high scoring affair

Advertisement
Back