Miami @ Louisville Preview

Advertisement
I think we keep it simple. "Run to win, throw to score". Winning is everything. Can we score 50? Probably, but why risk putting the ball in the air if we can dominate the LOS?
Ok, but I was fully expecting to score high with our running game. Get one of our guys past 5 yards and we'll see some very exciting runs.

I think we keep it simple. "Run to win, throw to score". Winning is everything. Can we score 50? Probably, but why risk putting the ball in the air if we can dominate the LOS?

Same thought process.

We all get so wrapped up in offense and defense and forget about special teams.

One part of our win last year was getting two special teams gifts. Blocked punt and fumble on the PR leading to two Miami touchdowns.

If we can do that again. I’d bet on similar results to last seasons matchup. If we can’t I think it’ll be the old 38-30 type of game.

Special teams is so underrated

Same thought process.

We all get so wrapped up in offense and defense and forget about special teams.

One part of our win last year was getting two special teams gifts. Blocked punt and fumble on the PR leading to two Miami touchdowns.

If we can do that again. I’d bet on similar results to last seasons matchup. If we can’t I think it’ll be the old 38-30 type of game.

Special teams is so underrated
Thank you. Their special teams are bad. They gave WKU an easy TD early with a dropped punt snap and then in the ensuing kickoff the returner got like 4 yards.

Advertisement
Money is luring in for Louisville. Went from Miami favored 1.5 to Louisville now favored by 2.5 haha. Not surprising.
I thought it would be 3-4. Wouldn’t be shocked to see it end up around there.

But man you’ve got to be nuts to wager on a game this far out.

I thought it would be 3-4. Wouldn’t be shocked to see it end up around there.

But man you’ve got to be nuts to wager on a game this far out.

Yeah my original projection was Louisville -3.5 I believe in one of these other threads. I would have to go back and find it.

also the O/U will get up in the 60’s I bet.

I think you are overestimating our defense and are underestimating their QB play - heady QB who is very efficient (that is usually the type of QB that can shred our D)

only efficient if we let him. Our dedense should disrupt his rhythm and we will make him one dimensional

I expect to hear a lot of holding calls

Advertisement
I think this is the game we see how good Jalen Phillips is! Also i want to see bubba Read in react with this misdirection

Advertisement
I'm bracing myself for a shootout. Nice write up. I think our pass rush can create some turnovers early and we can create a nice cushion. 8 being out there scares the **** out of me with those speed demons they have on the outside, 5 too.
Is Miami's new O ready for a shoot out?

😬😬😬😬

I do expect us to be run heavy, but I also expect there will be more variety and not just off tackle left, off tackle right.
There are just only so many ways you can attack/defend the LoS.

"Exotic" play calling is (and has always been) a touch over rated.

Will be great to see HC/OC Lashlee dial up plays the O can execute efficiently and move those **** chains.

Canes O has got to get as many red zone attempts as possible...with Borgy a known scoring asset, it should set them up nicely.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back