Miami LB's

Sooch

Redshirt Freshman
Juwon Young came in and played well off the bench. You see this a lot when a kid comes in and get a chance. The key will be how he does in his first start. I think he will do well. The good thing is that perhaps Juwon Young playing well is a preview of a new ruggeg, nasty style of Linebacker returning to the U. Visions of Young, Gordinier and Quarterman being out there is exciting. Shaq is a linebacker's linebacker. The kid is a powerlifting champion and brings some thunder. Gordinier is 6'4 and projected to be 250 in coming years and has some crazy 6'9 wingspan??? His HS highlight real is insane. I count like 8-9 guys that don't get up off the turf. Would they burn his redshirt this year now????????

Advertisement
This staff only reserves redshirts for season ending injuries and for kids that will never see the field. It's Al's way of being different to sell early playing time. All of these "savages" coming out of high school are neutered at some point by Al and his staff so wouldn't get my hopes up too much. Young did look good this weekend, however the longer Al is with him the softer they typically have become.

Right on with your evaluation of Gordinier. I thought out of High School he should have gone straight to the Chicago Bears at MLB, unbelievably fast and nasty for a kid that big..And he played some RB so why hasn't Al inserted him in some of those short and goal situations?

Advertisement
Back