Miami lands QB Cam Ward after weeks of pursuit

View as article
Advertisement

Oh this is interesting. I was crushed on here, by pretty reliable guys no less, for suggesting he could receive a day two grade…
This receipt game you all speak of, it seems like it could be fun.

Just kidding I don’t really care. Glad we got this guy for the year. At least now I don’t have to listen to guys but on themselves about the Albany noodle arm.

Oh this is interesting. I was crushed on here, by pretty reliable guys no less, for suggesting he could receive a day two grade…

Just kidding I don’t really care. Glad we got this guy for the year. At least now I don’t have to listen to guys but on themselves about the Albany noodle arm.
Don’t believe he actually got a Day 2 draft grade from the advisory committee.

Advertisement
@Ghandi

Dawson is coming back. was never leaving.

“They do a lot of 11 (personnel), 12 (personnel),” Ward said. “Coach Dawson has had a lot of success with quarterbacks. The thing that is going to help me the most is improving each aspect of my game, to be able to go in and trust my teammates and try to lead them to their first ACC championship.”

Ok.

Post like this are weird.

So you want people to be happy during the questionable and terrible times AND the great times?

Naturally, humans mope during times of sorrow and hype during times of glee.
This thread is less about Cams commitment and more about measuring d*ccks. Why are yall taking away from the shine to pull weak a$$ receipts?

The only people who can even flex are the insiders. The rest of yall didnt know a **** thing and was just as upset bout the lack of commitment and it showed in the Poff thread. We dont wanna play " pull the receipts".

So please pipe down.

Posts like this are weird.

You don't listen. You don't comprehend.

Nobody asked for "people to be happy during the questionable and terrible times". That is not how Mopes are defined.

Rather, the Mopes repetitively engage in toxic name-calling and negativity in every thread, regardless of whether Miami has good news or bad.

How about this, you stop expressing your personal opinion for 5 minutes and survey the landscape over the past month. Within ONE MONTH of signing the #3 recruiting class to Miami, Mario Ithe coach) and Miami (the program) have been picked apart by the Mopes because TWO PEOPLE either delayed their decisions (Ward) or made a tough 51-49 decision (Smith).

Don't just look at individual posters. Don't just look at individual posts. Look at the BIG PICTURE.

---No quarterback with any talent wants to play for Mario
---All of the Mario name-calling
---All of the mischaracterizations of what was happening behind the scenes, and attacks on insiders when the TIMING of announcements doesn't line up

And how about this, don't try to redefine the description of Mopers to include "hype during times of glee". That's just bull****. I can take you back to a thread a few months ago where a player was recognized for something positive and it was IMMEDIATELY filled with Mopers talking about how a small positive story like that wasn't helping us win more games. None of the Mopes were "hyping during times of glee".

Finally, please don't generalize the behavior of others when you want to comment on what I've posted. I have been very consistent throughout the entire process. When people were criticizing Poffenbarger and saying that our failure to sign more WRs was "The Poffenbarger Effect", I spoke against that. I knew what Mario and the collective were working on, and sometimes things take more time than we'd like to grant.

So, yes, there is going to be a limited period of time when I pull receipts. ****, even Cribby and DMoney have pulled a couple in the last 24 hours, though I am not nearly as classy as them and I will not exercise nearly as much receipt-pulling restraint as those gentlemen do.

Advertisement

He's not a day 2 either. I said 5th / 6th rd and that's where he would've gone.

Great decision to reconsider and great pickup for the Canes!

Mario better be in the ACCCG...

I drank myself into another dimension last night because of the Dolphins game and missed this. Massive pickup that completely changes expectations for next season.

Can’t wait to see the gator reaction to this. They were so ****y about Emory rolling into the “mighty swamp”. Can’t wait to beat those idiots by 40.

Post like this are weird.

So you want people to be happy during the questionable and terrible times AND the great times?

Naturally, humans mope during times of sorrow and hype during times of glee.
This thread is less about Cams commitment and more about measuring d*ccks. Why are yall taking away from the shine to pull weak a$$ receipts?

The only people who can even flex are the insiders. The rest of yall didnt know a **** thing and was just as upset bout the lack of commitment and it showed in the Poff thread. We dont wanna play " pull the receipts".

So please pipe down.
That is the boards pretend gatekeeper. Everytime something good happens he uses the thread to safeguard happiness instead of trying to enjoy it like a sane human. He has already determined what is acceptable to say and when 🤣.

Advertisement
Posts like this are weird.

You don't listen. You don't comprehend.

Nobody asked for "people to be happy during the questionable and terrible times". That is not how Mopes are defined.

Rather, the Mopes repetitively engage in toxic name-calling and negativity in every thread, regardless of whether Miami has good news or bad.

How about this, you stop expressing your personal opinion for 5 minutes and survey the landscape over the past month. Within ONE MONTH of signing the #3 recruiting class to Miami, Mario Ithe coach) and Miami (the program) have been picked apart by the Mopes because TWO PEOPLE either delayed their decisions (Ward) or made a tough 51-49 decision (Smith).

Don't just look at individual posters. Don't just look at individual posts. Look at the BIG PICTURE.

---No quarterback with any talent wants to play for Mario
---All of the Mario name-calling
---All of the mischaracterizations of what was happening behind the scenes, and attacks on insiders when the TIMING of announcements doesn't line up

And how about this, don't try to redefine the description of Mopers to include "hype during times of glee". That's just bull****. I can take you back to a thread a few months ago where a player was recognized for something positive and it was IMMEDIATELY filled with Mopers talking about how a small positive story like that wasn't helping us win more games. None of the Mopes were "hyping during times of glee".

Finally, please don't generalize the behavior of others when you want to comment on what I've posted. I have been very consistent throughout the entire process. When people were criticizing Poffenbarger and saying that our failure to sign more WRs was "The Poffenbarger Effect", I spoke against that. I knew what Mario and the collective were working on, and sometimes things take more time than we'd like to grant.

So, yes, there is going to be a limited period of time when I pull receipts. ****, even Cribby and DMoney have pulled a couple in the last 24 hours, though I am not nearly as classy as them and I will not exercise nearly as much receipt-pulling restraint as those gentlemen do.
Im a quarter of the way thru Atlas Shrugged. Thats the only 1000+ page book im reading.

dog didnt read GIF by FirstAndMonday

Canes roster was comparable to Michigan & Tennessee while Wazzu was battling the ******* Minutemen of UMASS for 76th.. The more I dig into it, the more Im impressed. His past season was the bizzaro TVD.

Absolutely this. Ward was sacked 39 freaking times and never folded. In fact he was statistically the same or better under duress. Dude got sacked 6 times v Oregon and threw for 430 yards. 6 times v Cal and threw for 354 and 3 TDs. And when they actually did give him time? Sacked once v Oregon St. and threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs at an 82.4% completion. In fact the only game he was never sacked was Northern Colorado and he threw 4 TDs at 72% completion, ran for another, and threw for 325 yards IN THE FIRST HALF.

Dude is great under pressure and otherworldly with time.

Advertisement
Sir, Jacurri has known he was unlikely to be the starter for weeks. BEFORE he announced he was coming back. He loves being at UM and he knows he was not prepared in HS as well as he coulda/shoulda been.

He's fine with not playing much in 2024 and just wants a full shot in 2025. He doesn't have a "starter guarantee" anywhere elese anyhow.
Fair enough. I will take your word for it.

Ward had nothing to do with what their “ intentions were”. They wanted to come to Miami and had been in contact with UM for a good minute. They knew they were the backup plan. Earlier today i said this weekend would be the make or break with Ward then it’ll be all in on Taullia.
As in Tualia’s family? Agree. I am just saying our staff, while they knew Taulia would come if he got a waiver, thought it was a low probability event. Hence why they were all in on Ward.

Advertisement
Back