Miami lands QB Cam Ward after weeks of pursuit

View as article
jimmy's and Jo's beat x's and o's

we have Guidry, I am a believer that Dawson with a qb like this can be a great OC..

as long as we don't have any kneeling catastrophe's, we are ******
We need Jimmys and Joes, but we need to stop pretending it beats Xs and Os every time. We've lost a LOT of games to far less talented teams.

That being said, when you have the best QB, you have a chance to win just about any game. This is a HUGE pick up. A real play maker at the position that touches the ball the most is really, really big.

I'm not going to sit here and even consider Mario not opening the O up. That HAD to be part of the deal. If Ward wanted to come here to up his draft status, he wasn't going to do so by playing in the O we saw the last 2/3 of the season. I have no doubt, zero doubt, that the O looks different next year.

I've said it the last several seasons. If our QB doesn't break the team record for TDs, the season will be a failure. Ward should be able to do just that.

Advertisement
If they put him in a position to succeed, he will lead us to a great season. But jury is still out on whether we will continue to see Mario-ball next season, or if he lets Dawson get creative and cook with Ward.

It would be great if we could somehow get an Isaiah Bond or the 6’ 5” JUCO receiver. It’s time to trim a lot of the fat off.
I seriously doubt Ward is coming here to play the same O we saw the last part of last season. That simply had to be part of the deal. If he wants to up his draft status, he wants to put up numbers and win.

It would be the biggest coaching blunder in recent Miami history to land Ward, then play a dumbed down O.

Waiting for gameday blunders to clear up because recruiting isnt why there are mopes 🤷🏿‍♂️

Idk why you would derail the thread and good news with this question. 🤦🏿🤦🏿🤦🏿
Exactly. No one with two brain cells has worried about Mario's recruiting. Sure, this QB situation got dicey, but it happens. Mario just went out and landed the top FCS QB, AND the top overall QB in the portal. He's a great recruiter. This should surprise no one, and it certainly should upset no one.

Now, clean up the game day BS. Open up the O, which I fully expect, and let this team take off. Sick of the **** training wheels already. Go out there, score some points, lots of them, and tee off on D. I don't believe Ward is coming here to score 24 points a game and go 7-6. I strongly believe Mario told him, "Cam, we were limited in what we could do with our QB situation last year. If you come here, we won't have those limits. We'll light it up."

Now, it's time to win. We knew we'd destroy the offseason, again, but we need to do it on the field. That is the only place it really matters. Next year is the year to do just that. The schedule lines up perfectly for a title run, as long as we don't play down to every team we play. That garbage has to stop, and stop now.

We have the Jimmys and Joes, as others like to say. Now, give me some Xs and Os and watch the team take off.

I seriously doubt Ward is coming here to play the same O we saw the last part of last season. That simply had to be part of the deal. If he wants to up his draft status, he wants to put up numbers and win.

It would be the biggest coaching blunder in recent Miami history to land Ward, then play a dumbed down O.
We shall see. I hope that you’re right.

Advertisement
We shall see. I hope that you’re right.
If our O looks anything remotely like what we saw in ACC play, Mario will be on a very hot seat. He has to know this. Not to mention, what would that do to QB recruiting going forward? If you want play making QBs, you need to put them in an O where they can make plays, not just manage a prehistoric O that keeps the game close, with hopes to win in OT. **** no. Go out there and try to score 50.

It would be like building a race car, with all the best parts, only to drive it 30 mph to the grocery store. Open that ***** up and lett'er fly.

I am pumped and everyone should be! The concern is that if Dawson and Cristomoron play the same offensive scheme, we are back to square 1! We must allow Ward, to play freely, throw to all WR, use the TE, scramble, and not play tight! This is a great day, but if things don’t change, banners will be flying on week 4!

Now, im a big critic of Mario as a gameday coach but this is a terrible porst. 🤦🏿

Btw. I hate the name "Cristomoron". He, at the very least, earned the respect of his ACTUAL name.

If our O looks anything remotely like what we saw in ACC play, Mario will be on a very hot seat. He has to know this. Not to mention, what would that do to QB recruiting going forward? If you want play making QBs, you need to put them in an O where they can make plays, not just manage a prehistoric O that keeps the game close, with hopes to win in OT. **** no. Go out there and try to score 50.

It would be like building a race car, with all the best parts, only to drive it 30 mph to the grocery store. Open that ***** up and lett'er fly.
You’re preaching to the choir. I agree 100% with you. But with Mario’s history, I’ll be in wait and see mode.

I know draft grades are stuff people are hearing…and I know this draft class has a bunch of qbs but do people really think jj mccarthy is highly graded and someone like ward is a udfa? Even bo nix who has some good tools, but he’s getting graded high and ward is 5th round or udfa?

I know GMs make dumb decisions but man can we be serious lol

Advertisement
Cell Phone GIF by The Jerry Springer Show

MOPER receipts are inbound……😎

Hilarious. I can't argue with the guy who creates the definitions.

I just try to find the correct and truthful source of blame, whether it is TVD's injuries, Mario's terrible clock management, Beta Blake's fiscal mismanagement, Frenk's spinelessness, Rad's clockwatching, or Gattis' poor bathroom etiquette, and then I drop the nukes.

Trying to be accurate in a world full of pessimism and mopery should never be considered "slurping", particularly when I've logged so many posts critical of UM. Yet I won a poll.

Post like this are weird.

So you want people to be happy during the questionable and terrible times AND the great times?

Naturally, humans mope during times of sorrow and hype during times of glee.
This thread is less about Cams commitment and more about measuring d*ccks. Why are yall taking away from the shine to pull weak a$$ receipts?

The only people who can even flex are the insiders. The rest of yall didnt know a **** thing and was just as upset bout the lack of commitment and it showed in the Poff thread. We dont wanna play " pull the receipts".

So please pipe down.

I know draft grades are stuff people are hearing…and I know this draft class has a bunch of qbs but do people really think jj mccarthy is highly graded and someone like ward is a udfa? Even bo nix who has some good tools, but he’s getting graded high and ward is 5th round or udfa?

I know GMs make dumb decisions but man can we be serious lol
Yeah. This has been quite puzzling to me.

If Cam Ward is a 5th to 7th grade then shut down the whole draft cause thats Mike Malarkey.

No inside info. Just a gut feeling. The guy had to be convinced to play the bowl game. He was on his way out. If he was as patient as we hope, he would not have been thinking that way. But he wants to go play somewhere. And now he knows for sure he’s not playing next year.

Youre making a gut feeling off of rumor and hearsay that hasnt been validated as being remotely true.

Yall read too much into the tea leaves.

Advertisement
We need Jimmys and Joes, but we need to stop pretending it beats Xs and Os every time. We've lost a LOT of games to far less talented teams.

That being said, when you have the best QB, you have a chance to win just about any game. This is a HUGE pick up. A real play maker at the position that touches the ball the most is really, really big.

I'm not going to sit here and even consider Mario not opening the O up. That HAD to be part of the deal. If Ward wanted to come here to up his draft status, he wasn't going to do so by playing in the O we saw the last 2/3 of the season. I have no doubt, zero doubt, that the O looks different next year.

I've said it the last several seasons. If our QB doesn't break the team record for TDs, the season will be a failure. Ward should be able to do just that.

This got me pumped! Gonna take a big nice swig of that Kool Aid you serving....

Excited Oh Yeah GIF

August 31, 2024.... LETS ******* GO!!!!

Excited Ric Flair GIF

On the flipside of things. Mario has the opportunity to further flip the narrative on QB's under his watch with a successful season with Ward. Will be great for Poff to sit behind Ward and learn, also great insurance if and when we make the " 12 team playoffs. " Too soon or nah lol.

Advertisement
I'm sorry man. You can't compare any high school QB to a college QB. Luke is not going to start in 2025. Period. We don't need to speculate on Poff vs Jacurri. It will play out on Greentree.

Jaccuri knew Cam was likely coming even before the bowl game. He knew the staff's plan. Jaccuri was staying whether Cam joined the team or not.

I'm not saying Jacurri wins the job in 2025, but he isn't afraid of the competition. Jaccuri will likely be the backup in 2024 as Emory and Poff can take a redshirt not burning a year as the backup. This will allow Jaccuri to take the next step in his development.

I don't see Jaccuri leaving before the QB1 battle in 2025. However, it looks like Poff took a redshirt at ODU so he's going to lose the 2024 season and can't redshirt. Whomever loses the backup job would perhaps transfer out after Spring football. There's more pressure on Poff as he has 2 years of eligibility left and Jacurri has 3.

Having Cam Ward as the 2024 starter allows our QB room to stack and develop.
I think Luke starts in 26

Advertisement
Back