Miami lands QB Cam Ward after weeks of pursuit

View as article
Advertisement
That dude gone bruh he won’t win the job in 25 with Luke and Poff on the team imo. He better off transferring and I wouldn’t blame him. To me he’s not better than those two based off film

I will say this. The GAME improvement I saw between the 2022 GaTech game (I was there) and the 2023 bowl game was pretty strong. IF IF IF he made a similar jump over the next 9 or 10 months, then he'd have a shot. If he continues to be inconsistent, then I agree that he would likely transfer out, but I don't think that will happen until 11 months from now.

Just my opinion, based on the fact that Jacurri and his family really like UM.

I am excited about Luke Nickel, though. Very high on him being competitive early. Let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

That dude gone bruh he won’t win the job in 25 with Luke and Poff on the team imo. He better off transferring and I wouldn’t blame him. To me he’s not better than those two based off film

Agree D..kid been here a couple years now and still is nowhere close to being a starter for a P5 team…only way he’s starting in the next couple years is drop down and he will start because of his legs not his passing ability which even after these couple years still lacks a lot before becoming a P5 QB…jmo

Advertisement
The QB room is set up nicely. I'd like to see Emory and Poff take a redshirt. Jaccuri at backup getting reps continuing to develop.

Edit: Looks like Poff took a redshirt at ODU. So, the QB2 battle will be Jacurri vs Poff.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let me say this upfront, I appreciate you tons man, BUT I don't agree with this take at all. Nickel will be a freshman in 25 so he's not starting unless he has a 5* calibre rise, I don't see it. He's does a lot good but he doesn't scream 5* to me, although he has a lot of potential. Poff is unknown at this point as he's coming back to D1 from the FCS level. Brown has a chance with the arm talent alone. If you can harness the arm and get footwork done with someone like Jordan Palmer (ala Josh Allen) you can create a scary specimen at QB. Let him develop, no harm in taking a chance on a player with a Cam Newton build/potential skill set. Well at least in my opinion that's a ceiling for him

Kevin Spacey 90S GIF

Advertisement
I'm sorry man. You can't compare any high school QB to a college QB. Luke is not going to start in 2025. Period. We don't need to speculate on Poff vs Jacurri. It will play out on Greentree.

Jaccuri knew Cam was likely coming even before the bowl game. He knew the staff's plan. Jaccuri was staying whether Cam joined the team or not.

I'm not saying Jacurri wins the job in 2025, but he isn't afraid of the competition. Jaccuri will likely be the backup in 2024 as Emory and Poff can take a redshirt not burning a year as the backup. This will allow Jaccuri to take the next step in his development.

I don't see Jaccuri leaving before the QB1 battle in 2025. However, it looks like Poff took a redshirt at ODU so he's going to lose the 2024 season and can't redshirt. Whomever loses the backup job would perhaps transfer out after Spring football. There's more pressure on Poff as he has 2 years of eligibility left and Jacurri has 3.

Having Cam Ward as the 2024 starter allows our QB room to stack and develop.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I will say this. The GAME improvement I saw between the 2022 GaTech game (I was there) and the 2023 bowl game was pretty strong. IF IF IF he made a similar jump over the next 9 or 10 months, then he'd have a shot. If he continues to be inconsistent, then I agree that he would likely transfer out, but I don't think that will happen until 11 months from now.

Just my opinion, based on the fact that Jacurri and his family really like UM.

I am excited about Luke Nickel, though. Very high on him being competitive early. Let's cross that bridge when we get to it.
May...

Let me say this upfront, I appreciate you tons man, BUT I don't agree with this take at all. Nickel will be a freshman in 25 so he's not starting unless he has a 5* calibre rise, I don't see it. He's does a lot good but he doesn't scream 5* to me, although he has a lot of potential. Poff is unknown at this point as he's coming back to D1 from the FCS level. Brown has a chance with the arm talent alone. If you can harness the arm and get footwork done with someone like Jordan Palmer (ala Josh Allen) you can create a scary specimen at QB. Let him develop, no harm in taking a chance on a player with a Cam Newton build/potential skill set. Well at least in my opinion that's a ceiling for him
And what makes you think jaccurri is willing to sit yet another year just with the hopes well allow him to compete?

Advertisement
Back